NAB 4 Vs Kangaroos @ Craigieburn

Remove this Banner Ad

So what's up with Lake?
Lake most likely tore his calf after 40 minutes of nab cup football, hardly surprising since almost all senior players from other clubs " go down " once exposed to our superior training methods. Expect to see an underdone Brian Lake in less than 10 games this year. Gibbo and schoenmakers will battle the monsters again in 2013.

Lake most likely tore his calf after 40 minutes of nab cup football, hardly surprising since almost all senior players from other clubs " go down " once exposed to our superior training methods. Expect to see an underdone Brian Lake in less than 10 games this year. Gibbo and schoenmakers will battle the monsters again in 2013.

Lake was injury prone at the Bulldogs and you know that.

Gibson tore his hammy off the bone in 2010 and has missed very little football since.

Hale injured his knee against the Saints in 2011 and has missed little football since. It was an impact injury, which is unavoidable in football.

Burgoyne came to us with a crook knee and we've managed that superbly.

Lake was injury prone at the Bulldogs and you know that.

Gibson tore his hammy off the bone in 2010 and has missed very little football since.

Hale injured his knee against the Saints in 2011 and has missed little football since. It was an impact injury, which is unavoidable in football.

Burgoyne came to us with a crook knee and we've managed that superbly.
Don't bother, mate. You'd have a better chance of convincing North Korea to give up their nuclear ambitions.

I think since NAB 1 we've been playing players who will get games this year. Grimley, Hill, Anderson IN at various stages.

Disappointed I didn't see more of Hallahan, another year of Box Hill it looks like.

I can't see us taking this match too seriously. Again I think we will see a lot of players out of position, experimenting with how we set up and who is capable of playing what role. Think this week will be used for the coaching staff to identify who is ready to go for round 1. Hill and Simpkin are obviously the two front runners to grab spots, Grimley is a chance to debut this year so if he can have another good match it'll do him the world of good. Cheney and Duryea both have a good shot at getting into the 22 as well so these guys will probably be played in a role that we want them to fulfil this year.

Also, what happened to Gibbo's eye?

I can't see us taking this match too seriously. Again I think we will see a lot of players out of position, experimenting with how we set up and who is capable of playing what role. Think this week will be used for the coaching staff to identify who is ready to go for round 1. Hill and Simpkin are obviously the two front runners to grab spots, Grimley is a chance to debut this year so if he can have another good match it'll do him the world of good. Cheney and Duryea both have a good shot at getting into the 22 as well so these guys will probably be played in a role that we want them to fulfil this year.

I see it differently Baz.

It's our last proper hit out before the Cats game, we have two weeks off, the Roos are under-strength, there are no cameras, it's not a ground where you can sit in the stands and assess structures, etc.

I expect (hope) we go full tilt.

I see it differently Baz.

It's our last proper hit out before the Cats game, we have two weeks off, the Roos are under-strength, there are no cameras, it's not a ground where you can sit in the stands and assess structures, etc.

I expect (hope) we go full tilt.
agreed, why on earth would we simply go through the motions again? there comes a time when we have to play at full intensity as there is only 2 weeks to go till round 1, geelong have been going full tilt for 2 games in a row, whats wrong with us showing some ominous form for them to have a bit of a think about in 2 weeks time.

Don't worry, the General 'Clarko' has got us right where he wants us.

Never_Ending_Gladiator_Andy_Hunter.jpg

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-03-12/black-eye-wont-stop-gibson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whats the oval like? Do you think there will be a big crowd? Should I bring a chair and an esky... lol

Sorry for butting in but to answer your question.
Chair yes, very very limited seated. Esky mmm. There is now a pub across the road. At VFL games at this ground kiosk gets quite a wait, so think about it.

The playing surface is alright and size is ok, car parking very limited though they'll try and use grass grounds nearby but if you can I'd recommend the shopping center across. as for spudmasters call, Craigieburn is bogan but the locals are not going to knock your stuff but beware some who may take advantage and make the short trip up the train line from Broadmeadows to smash car windows for electrics.

Chair yes, very very limited seated. Esky mmm. There is now a pub across the road. At VFL games at this ground kiosk gets quite a wait, so think about it.

The playing surface is alright and size is ok, car parking very limited though they'll try and use grass grounds nearby but if you can I'd recommend the shopping center across. as for spudmasters call, Craigieburn is bogan but the locals are not going to knock your stuff but beware some who may take advantage and make the short trip up the train line from Broadmeadows to smash car windows for electrics.

Thank you :)

What a load stereotyping shite.
I am just as likely to have my GPS knocked off from Box Hill City Oval as I am from Highgate Reserve in Craigieburn.
The good folk of Broadmeadows are not sitting around plotting how they are going to take "advantage" of those coming across the river in their Range Rovers full of their expensive electronic devices.:rolleyes::mad:

I am just as likely to have my GPS knocked off from Box Hill City Oval as I am from Highgate Reserve in Craigieburn.
The good folk of Broadmeadows are not sitting around plotting how they are going to take "advantage" of those coming across the river in their Range Rovers full of their expensive electronic devices.:rolleyes::mad:

Really mate. Steryotype type me all you like, I am a Craigieburn Bogan and I'll be at the game, cant speak for boxhill don't live there but on days when there's a lot of action around here with car parking are known break in's in this area and a lot of the time it traces back to a few people who live in that area.

That's it, lull them into a false sense of security! ;):p

Remove this Banner Ad

NAB 4 Vs Kangaroos @ Craigieburn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back