NAB Cup premiers 2006

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
I believe if the boys can beat Fremantle in the first week of the NAB Cup then we will go on to win the whole thing.

Reason being is we would then have another game at Subi Vs either Collingwood or St.Kilda then win that and we are in the Semi then the GF.

I know it doesnt really matter about the pre season comp but it would be good to see.

The amount injuries we are getting at the moment isnt good though which could hamper our progress through the comp.

Or would it be better to go un-noticed until round 1 then come out blazing?

I just wanna see some more silverware for the boys!

Cuzz09 said:
I believe if the boys can beat Fremantle in the first week of the NAB Cup then we will go on to win the whole thing.

Reason being is we would then have another game at Subi Vs either Collingwood or St.Kilda then win that and we are in the Semi then the GF.

I know it doesnt really matter about the pre season comp but it would be good to see.

The amount injuries we are getting at the moment isnt good though which could hamper our progress through the comp.

Or would it be better to go un-noticed until round 1 then come out blazing?

I just wanna see some more silverware for the boys!

Mate absolute no chance.....More chance the Pope becoming a Budhist than that happening......The NAB Cup how exciting..........NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We just need it to warm up. It would be nice to win it but I don't expect them to take it very seriously this year. Could well lose 1st game.

daddy_4_eyes said:
Woosha will put out experimental squads, and we'll get knocked out once we come up against sides like the Kangaroos and Carlton, who both need the prizemoney and are desperate to prove they aren't basket cases.

Semi-final is my prediction.
I hope Woosha DOES put out an experimental squad. I would love to have the opportunity to se players such as McKinlay,Sharp etc play as I have seen very little of them and want to see how they do. I would also like to see the Eagles use the pre season cup to experiment with a few positional changes (Hunter playing a full game up forward look likes the one most likely to be tried) as well.

My NAB Cup Team

FB: Hurn Graham Banfield
CHB: Waters Lynch Chick
C: Rosa Priddis Butler
CHF: McDougall Hansen Armstrong
FF: Adkins Hunter McKinley
C: Seaby RoJo Embley
I/C Gaspar Sharp Spangher Stenglein Wooden Staker

Important that both Rosa and Butler get good runs IMO aswell as giving Graham a go deep in defence to test him out, Lynch may aswell play CHB and switch with Gaspar to see how it goes, rest of the team pretty much selects itself

Embers said:
My NAB Cup Team

Morton?

Embers said:
My NAB Cup Team

Important that both Rosa and Butler get good runs IMO aswell as giving Graham a go deep in defence to test him out, Lynch may aswell play CHB and switch with Gaspar to see how it goes, rest of the team pretty much selects itself

I understand that you're looking to give as many players as possible experience but that team lacks too much experience players and they'd be left open to a spanking. I'd be tempted to slot two or 3 experienced mids in there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

considering the pressure on CC, and their need for early success, im thinking that it will be a very tough first up game against the dockers. in fact im tipping a purple victory.

PS good side though embers, one id like to see go around, certainly. but there will probably be are few senior players who want to get some match fitness up, especially those that have had an interrupted preseason.

daddy_4_eyes said:
Woosha will put out experimental squads, and we'll get knocked out once we come up against sides like the Kangaroos and Carlton, who both need the prizemoney and are desperate to prove they aren't basket cases.

Semi-final is my prediction.

Is that why we got spanked by the eagles last year? :p

Sure we could use the cash, but we rested a few guys from the side last year that went to Perth, as did the Eagles. It is just matter of which sides are pumped up and firing early and which sides fields a near full squad.

Tas said:
Is that why we got spanked by the eagles last year? :p

Sure we could use the cash, but we rested a few guys from the side last year that went to Perth, as did the Eagles. It is just matter of which sides are pumped up and firing early and which sides fields a near full squad.

You got "spanked" because the eagles are very hard to beat at Subi, full strength squad or not.

I am all for playing the new recruits or some of the other players who haven't played much (Graham, Rosa etc) in the preseason.Give them a go and let them show whether they have the right stuff to be a part of the team.

Freo will probably beat us in this one im afraid
They will be more hungr than the Eagles 2006
Doesnt matter though because we beat them when it counts
Still NAB cup football is better than no football at all!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

NAB Cup premiers 2006

Remove this Banner Ad

Back