Name 4 Players From Your Team...

Remove this Banner Ad

May 25, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I had a card game when I was a young kid that had VFL/AFL footballers on them with a few stats like how many games they'd played, how many goals they'd kicked and how many interstate game they'd played over their career.

The aim of this game was to deal half the deck to one person and half to the other, then to pick one card at a time out of your half of the deck, pick a high stat (eg Tony Lockett most goals in a game) and then the other player has to look at the same stat (eg Dermot Brereton most goals in a game) and who ever has the card with the most goals in a game got both the card and put it in their played cards pile. The player with the most cards in their played cards pile won when there were no cards left that they were dealt a the start of the game.

Now I'm looking to remake this game with players from 1987, when the VFL expansion started with teams in WA and QLD, to the present day.

So I would like you guys to suggest 2 players from your club that are still playing and have had a big influence over their careers and 2 player that are retired that had the same sort of influence.

How far back can we go?

Nathan Buckley
Gordon Coventry

Having trouble with our current players;
Lockyer and Swan maybe. Rocca??

I said in the original post the past players had to have a big influence, on their respective team, between 1987 and when they retired. So no G. Coventry would be way outside the dates, sorry.

I said in the original post the past players had to have a big influence, on their respective team, between 1987 and when they retired. So no G. Coventry would be way outside the dates, sorry.

Nathan Buckley
Peter Daicos
Anthony Rocca
Alan Didak

Locket
Kelly
Hall
Kirk

I selected Hall considering he is still on our list, and may yet still play next year (albeit for another side, and it's unlikely anyway). But yeah, he is still officially an AFL player. If that's not enough, just replace him with Goodesy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Name 4 Players From Your Team...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back