Name two senior players who will not be at the Roos next year

Remove this Banner Ad

PortPhillip

Debutant
Dec 1, 2005
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Name two senior players who will not be at the Kangaroos next year (don't include Archer and Rocca who may retire).

My two are

Troy Makepeace
Shannon Watt

PortPhillip said:
Name two senior players who will not be at the Kangaroos next year (don't include Archer and Rocca who may retire).

My two are

Troy Makepeace
Shannon Watt

Not Shannon. We need him in the backline with Hay and brown in the Forward line.

Troy Makepeace
Leigh Harding

Watt, can't kick, has no aggression, is a dumb footballer
Sansbury,not up to it, soft
Rawlings - he's an effective tagger but is absolutely hopeless when he has the pill. If we can trade him for value then we should do it.
Harding - has had many chances and will not take us forward

fish1 said:
Wat about david trotter top ten draft pick has had a few injuries but can't get and hold down a spot in the team. Trade him a new club might help him and the roos.

If trotter is a top ten draft pick and can hardly get a game, imagine us geting a top 5 pick. Will he ever get a game?:confused:

piro* said:
harding
urch
sansbury
lecras
thurley

they all should go and clear some space for some good draft picks

gumbleton:thumbsu:

I think we'll keep Urch and Thurley still has another year on his contract but the other 3 are all vulnerable.
Agree,hope we pick up Gumbleton. Could build a team around that guy on what I've seen so far.

giantroo said:
Not Shannon. We need him in the backline with Hay and brown in the Forward line.

Troy Makepeace
Leigh Harding

Eddie Sainsbury
Cam Thurley

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definately will go:
Sansbury
Harding
Powell
Rocca
Archer

Potential to go:
LeCras
Schwarze

Potential trades:
Petrie
Sinclair
Brown
Makepeace

Definates to come in:
Lower

The interesting thing is that players like Jade Rawlings and Thurley are contracted for next year and are therefore pretty safe. That means that there will be a few delistings that some may not expect.

Seeing that we'd have to clear off at least six for the drafts coming up (expecting that Lower will take Powell's spot), I'll say these four (expecting Rocca and Arch to retire) -

Makepeace (too many of the young players to pressure for his spot - Urch / JW / Trotter)
Harding (Grant to take his spot, with Swallow / Grima to take Grant's spot in the midfield rotation)
Sansbury (spot doesn't need taking - gone)
Le Cras (as for Eddie) - a shame, but yet another Jeremy Claton type (looks good at VFL can't quite step up to VFL).

Lucky to be left / playing for their spot -

Watt
Chad Jones
Trotter
Urch (needs to get some games in injury free)
Grima (as for Urch)

Poor old Makey - I don't know why he's such a whipping boy on this list. He does his bit & the team always looks better when he plays.

certainties: Sansbury, Harding, Thurley

wouldn't be sad to see go: Watt, Hay

and undecided on: Sinclair, Petrie

Sinclair is a valued player.
He plays with passion and, after Archer, Harris and Thomson, is the only one to do so.
Watt is a dud.
Petrie is a dud
Rawlings is a dud.
Trade these why the still have some value

PortPhillip said:

My two are

Troy Makepeace
Shannon Watt
Shannon Watt? Apparently he's our best tall defender!
For me - Matt Riggio & Tim Hutchinson are in real trouble.

Remove this Banner Ad

Name two senior players who will not be at the Roos next year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back