Nando's - overrated

Remove this Banner Ad

All I've ever seen from Oporto's are ridiculous amounts of grease - far far more than Maccas or anywhere else.

coxon said:
go get 'oporto' instead ~

Meh, bought one of their burgers a while back. Made a McDonald's cheeseburger look big (and appealing).

Nando's extra hot chicken breast rocks.

Docker_Brat said:
Just because you plebs cant afford it, doesn't make it overrated.

That's right, you might be paying more but the burgers are great some of the best I have ever tasted much better than KFC that's for sure.

has anyone tried something similar, Oporto ?
www.oporto.com.au

What are your thoughts if you have tried it ?

Bondi Burger for me.

The Scarecrow said:
I've never heard of Nando's, I don't believe we have them down here, atleast not in the Southern part of the state.

:eek: where do you live??!!! Oh, Tassie -that's OK. I live in a town of about 30 people in the middle of the WA desert and although we don't have Nando's in town, I have tried it and heard of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hoss said:
:eek: where do you live??!!! Oh, Tassie -that's OK. I live in a town of about 30 people in the middle of the WA desert and although we don't have Nando's in town, I have tried it and heard of it.
I've seena few adverts on TV for some places over the mainland, when Southern Cross switches to Seven. But their name has yet to come up, I think Northern Tasmania might have a Red Rooster, well I think they used to.

Not sure about Nando's though, in the south (where i am from) we only have Hungry Jacks, KFC, McDonalds, Burger King, Subway, and a few Pizza joints.

The Scarecrow said:
I've seena few adverts on TV for some places over the mainland, when Southern Cross switches to Seven. But their name has yet to come up, I think Northern Tasmania might have a Red Rooster, well I think they used to.

Not sure about Nando's though, in the south (where i am from) we only have Hungry Jacks, KFC, McDonalds, Burger King, Subway, and a few Pizza joints.

Never heard of KFC or McDonalds, though I think I heard an advertisement for Hungry Jacks the other night when our family was huddled around the wireless. :)

Jabber said:
South Africa actually. :rolleyes:

I stand corrected then, just my local Nando's has these signs everwhere saying "öriginal Portugese recipe", so I naturally assumed it was Portugese, silly me, easy mistake to make. :p

OH & Thrawn, I usually love very hot food, but even I can't take the extra Hot Peri Peri. :eek:

mantis said:
I stand corrected then, just my local Nando's has these signs everwhere saying "öriginal Portugese recipe", so I naturally assumed it was Portugese, silly me, easy mistake to make.

It's a portugese recipe - The guy who started Nandos was portugese, and opened his first shop in Johannesburg.

Not often I agree with you Yze_Magic, but you are spot on here.
The thing that makes it overated is the price, what a joke most meals are around the 10 dollar mark and it doesnt even taste that good.
I love how they now sell the sauces for ridiculous prices, the con continues.

Jabber said:
It's a portugese recipe - The guy who started Nandos was portugese, and opened his first shop in Johannesburg.

So I was half right, Nandos beginnings were portugese, but first commercial outlet for this recipe was in South Africa, OK. :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Nando's - overrated

Remove this Banner Ad

Back