MRP / Trib. Nankervis on Lloyd

Remove this Banner Ad

In all seriousness, I hope this puts to bed all the furore around Stewart and his actions - as every player in the league can get it wrong when they're 'playing on the edge' - Richmond players are not exempt from this fact, even though some more animated supporters like to pretend otherwise.

Can't call Stewart a 'dog' and a 'sniper', but then ignore your own 6'6 110kg captain ironing out a sub 6 foot 80kg Lloyd.

Players f*ck up, it happens. He'll get his whack, and hopefully a decent one - and we all move on.

In all seriousness, I hope this puts to bed all the furore around Stewart and his actions - as every player in the league can get it wrong when they're 'playing on the edge' - Richmond players are not exempt from this fact, even though some more animated supporters like to pretend otherwise.

Can't call Stewart a 'dog' and a 'sniper', but then ignore your own 6'6 110kg captain ironing out a sub 6 foot 80kg Lloyd.

Players f*ck up, it happens. He'll get his whack, and hopefully a decent one - and we all move on.
In all seriousness I'd rather have had the Nankervis hit come my way than Stewart's hit. In days past Lloyd would possibly have played on (thankfully we are more enlightened nowadays) but Prestia was out before he hit the ground. You're just trying to ameliorate the Stewart hit with some whataboutism, when in reality Stewart was moving faster, hit Prestia harder and lined him up from further away. They can both be "dog" hits and "sniper" acts but IMHO one was worse than the other.

Tom Stewart had absolutely no reason to be anywhere near Prestia though.

As bad as this looks from Nankervis, at least Lloyd had the ball, so Nank would've been going for the tackle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond supporters were screaming their **** off for Duncan to get multiple weeks for running into Fox, so I'm not sure your hopes will be realised.....

between the incredible amount of free kicks he gives away and inability to prevent his thug nature from rising to the surface it beggars belief as to why richmond thought he was a figure worth leading their football club
Won't be leading their football club for 4 weeks minimum. This is just a thug act intended to hurt the player.

Football not there, chose to bump for no football reason, concussed a player, four weeks minimum, five wouldn't surprise

Richmond supporters were screaming their **** off for Duncan to get multiple weeks for running into Fox, so I'm not sure your hopes will be realised.....
Have you got a link to those posts because I can’t see them in this thread…

Have you got a link to those posts because I can’t see them in this thread…
Amazing how we seem to live in their heads.

In all seriousness I'd rather have had the Nankervis hit come my way than Stewart's hit. In days past Lloyd would possibly have played on (thankfully we are more enlightened nowadays) but Prestia was out before he hit the ground. You're just trying to ameliorate the Stewart hit with some whataboutism, when in reality Stewart was moving faster, hit Prestia harder and lined him up from further away. They can both be "dog" hits and "sniper" acts but IMHO one was worse than the other.
This one I would expect 4, I thought Stewart’s was 6 (was expecting 5 with good guy discount but he got 4).

Nowhere near as cowardly as Kozzy Pickett’s dog act on Smith. And he got out of gaol with 2 matches. On that basis, deserves 3, but on the Pickett precedent should only get 1 match.
“Cowardly” 🤣🤣🤣🤣 the only cowards are people like you sitting behind your keyboard calling AFL athletes cowards. Get real.

Yep, “cowardly”. Pickett’s attack on Smith was a delayed, calculated action, well after the ball had gone. Smith was defenceless, and he was extremely lucky he wasn’t seriously injured. No credit to Pickett for that.

De Goey’s was at least a legitimate attempt to bump, but delivered fractionally late, and unfortunately high, although accidental. Resulted in injury to the player, and he deserved his 3 weeks.

Bit rich for you to be attacking me for legitimately criticising Pickett, when in another thread you called for someone to punch a player. Since deleted by mod.

You’re a hypocrite (amongst other things) of the first order Fitzey.🤣

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. Nankervis on Lloyd

Remove this Banner Ad

Back