Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobby Giovanni

Premiership Player
Jan 30, 2004
Bomber’s place
AFL Club
Geelong
Few doing the rounds at the moment, sounds like he's struggling a bit and is also the weirdest dude I've ever heard about.

Any idea if he'll actually play in Qld this year? Don't think they've heard from him since signing.

This is directly from the Broadbeach Football Club Website.

Talking about recruiting.

Lucky last, for the moment (more to come), is Nathan Ablett. He been on the track every session, and on time, and we are told, for a bloke whose last footy salary was likely more than our club salary cap, is treating life and football with the serious but jocular attitude required for the times. We haven't consulted with Smithy yet, but Nat can play wherever Nat wants to play. Coach Boston is a bit disappointed that Nathan has not yet asked to have his kicking style analysed.

From a more recent entry on their website.

First off, there were two full teams on the deck with plenty taking up spots on the pine. Throw in about 8 injured who sat out, of which Ablett, Harris, Dickson, Walters, Lyons and Zorko would be walk-up starts in any game (apologies if we have missed any), and we are looking good for depth. The difficulty might be hanging on to all.

Here is the link to the Broadbeach site for anyone interested.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/club_info.cgi?c=1-109-34762-0-0&sID=58665

Sounds like he is doing just fine.

the worst story is in 2005 final vs syd when he just decided the night before that he didn't want to play and pulled out, we already had a few key players out and i know a few officials at the club were not at all happy with his decision.

the worst story is in 2005 final vs syd when he just decided the night before that he didn't want to play and pulled out, we already had a few key players out and i know a few officials at the club were not at all happy with his decision.

Wasn't he playing for Modewarre once and kicked a few early goals, before he saw a few journos and photographers turn up, so he took himself off, got changed and went home?

I heard he went fishing for eels with his bare hands near the Grovedale pub that day it flooded.

Just got word Nathan did a fart and is contributing to Global Warming due to the potency of his farts (he eats cow poo for breakfast). That's the word on the grape vine, not sure how true it is.

I've heard he eats little children and pulls the wings off flies

Nah, you've got it around the wrong way. He pulls the wings off little children and eats flies. The fact you never see kids with wings shows how good he is at it. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've heard he eats little children and pulls the wings off flies

I have heard this too. But I heard that he uses the children as a blood sacrifice to appease his god Jesus.

Hope JNR & SNR don't read this crap
I'm sorry, what?

Firstly, this thread has evolved into a pisstake of the way Nathan and footballers in general are hounded by media, fans and other cretins to the extent that every little detail of their life is public knowledge.

Secondly, I'm sure if Snr or Jnr read these boards, they would find some stuff which is much more offensive than this.

I don't know if this is true but this story was doing the rounds at the time of the Geel Vs. Collingwood prelim final in 2007. Story goes that Nathan got a bit lost trying to get into the MCG so he decided he would just go through one of the main gates to get himself into the ground. After walking past the crowd to the turnstile he was told by an MCG staff member (who obviously failed to recognise Nath) that he would have to line up like everyone else. Nath being Nath, he did just that, heading to the back of the line and waiting for his turn. He ended up being slightly late to the rooms. As I said, not sure if this has any truth, but I find it a classic story that sums up the great attitude Nathan had when playing footy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back