Player Watch Nathan Kreuger

Remove this Banner Ad

Athletic, big body that hits the pack, kicks like a mule...

Answered a question for me today:

He is definitely better off as a forward option than a defender

Will be an intriguing battle between Cox, Cameron and Krueger for the forward roles this year

Assuming only max 2 of the 3 can fit in a line up with Grundy as ruck and the

Grundy- Krueger - Cox/Cameron combo is greater than

a Grundy, Cox, Cameron combo
Have only seen the first, but that combo of Grundy / Cox / Krueger & checkers is the staple for round 1.

Krueger and chckers are mobile.
Add the clear intent to push mids forward when possible (i.e at stoppages) and this looks like our R1 setup.

Interested to see how it plays out.....

also in the first few minutes was very worried....kreuger should have tackled, instead went to swipe the ball.
If he hits the head, he's done for a few rounds. stupid. So that is "stupid aggression".....lets see where this lands because if that continues, he'll have a few holidays!

Athletic, big body that hits the pack, kicks like a mule...

Answered a question for me today:

He is definitely better off as a forward option than a defender

Will be an intriguing battle between Cox, Cameron and Krueger for the forward roles this year

Assuming only max 2 of the 3 can fit in a line up with Grundy as ruck and the

Grundy- Krueger - Cox/Cameron combo is greater than

a Grundy, Cox, Cameron combo
Yep.

Hopefully Krueger continues to develop. Agree if we play all three ruck types then he should be one of those three.

Cameron is the one at this stage who has moved back in the pecking order. Cox has taken his spot back and will get first crack at proving he can hold it… and maybe if we go the third tall in the lineup, Krueger offers something different to and younger than Cameron.

I clearly remember Scott Selwood being asked about Freddy in 2019 when Scooter was doing some development coaching for us. He said the absolute standout in our VFL team was the aforementioned Freddy. I was always disappointed he didn't get much of a go with us. I hope he does well for you lot. He is a big unit and looks like he'd survive a headshot from an elephant gun. Could be very useful.

Smart pick-up suits our game plan with that massive boot on him he'll catch a few teams napping takes a good grab and we got him cheap as looking forward to see him progress with us

JDG and Elliott, who often play deepest forward are going to love that left foot of his if he can get enough of it - out the back goals for them - or alternatively, if teams cover that, easier to lead into space

JDG and Elliott, who often play deepest forward are going to love that left foot of his if he can get enough of it - out the back goals for them - or alternatively, if teams cover that, easier to lead into space

I was bemused by those who seemed genuinely surprised by the length of his kicking in that praccy match… it stood out like dog’s balls in his recruiting highlights that he is in the Rocca ballpark for drop punts.

Really liked the look of him.

Big, mobile, aggressive. That left boot as well …. Him getting marks at half forward and moving it quickly and long could be a real asset combined with the likes of Elliott, Ginnivan and JDG that can get out the back or on the lead.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Great pick up by you guys - I think he is one we will regret letting go.
Has great athleticism, size , skills and a fair degree of mongrel - we should have played him as a 3rd forward last season.
Hope he has a great career.

Great pick up by you guys - I think he is one we will regret letting go.
Has great athleticism, size , skills and a fair degree of mongrel - we should have played him as a 3rd forward last season.
Hope he has a great career.
Thanks mate, he looks to have some promise and the mongrel you speak of has been an issue for us. IMHO

Bruzz the exception

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exciting talent at this stage showed a bit against the Hawks; absolute physical unit, hard as a cat's head. I have a nagging suspicion that he still might eventually settle back for us, rather than forward, be happy to be wrong. Strong, mobile, long accurate kick, questions on contested marking at this point and his durability, but he's started life in the Black & White well.

I was bemused by those who seemed genuinely surprised by the length of his kicking in that praccy match… it stood out like dog’s balls in his recruiting highlights that he is in the Rocca ballpark for drop punts.
I've seen Cox kick 55 and I dont recall more than 1 kick in the highlights over that.

Kreuger looked Good before Knocking Himself Out.

That was his Biggest Issue at Cats I read that he goes too hard at times and gets Injured

loved his game today until he knocked himself out. He will complement Cox and Mihochek beautifully!

Yep but like at Geelong can we keep him on the Field most of the Time and Not out Injured/Concussion

He is the sort of guy where you just accept that he will get weeks from time to time. We have lacked any kind of intimidation factor. Very keen on NK as long as he doesn’t keep knocking himself out!

His attack is awesome. Hope he gets up for Round 1. Love seeing those crashed packs and knees into the backs of Defenders.

He can't play round 1, as he needs to sit out for 12 days with the concussion protocols, plus l wouldn't be surprised if he gets a week for the bump anyway. He looked very good though, and look forward to seeing what he produces this season....

He can't play round 1, as he needs to sit out for 12 days with the concussion protocols, plus l wouldn't be surprised if he gets a week for the bump anyway. He looked very good though, and look forward to seeing what he produces this season....

One commentator said he can return on day 12, which would make him available.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Nathan Kreuger

Remove this Banner Ad

Back