Player Watch Nathan Kreuger

Remove this Banner Ad

Does Kreugs come straight back into the side this week, regardless of the JDG selection possibility?

If Jordy misses again Ed Allen might get a run.

McStay, Cox and Kreugs all in the same forward line is tempting, but our forward line actually functioned pretty well on the weekend. Harrison was quiet, coming off a week out. Steele was also very quiet.

Surely we get him back...
He finally got his body right, got some good games, then unfortunately got a concussion.
A forward that can scrap in the ruck, is great coverage for McStay, Mihocek, Cox... could also be trialed down back...
We just signed all the oldies back, we clearly think we're still in the premiership hunt... this bloke is definitely worth his spot for another run at it!

He finally got his body right, got some good games, then unfortunately got a concussion.
A forward that can scrap in the ruck, is great coverage for McStay, Mihocek, Cox... could also be trialed down back...
We just signed all the oldies back, we clearly think we're still in the premiership hunt... this bloke is definitely worth his spot for another run at it!

I'd like him to be retained too.

But the issue is main list spots - we don't have many spare - and we need a minimum of 3 plus however many recruits we add through trade, so he's one of a few who they might be thinking of delisting and and then rookieing.

I'd like him to be retained too.

But the issue is main list spots - we don't have many spare - and we need a minimum of 3 plus however many recruits we add through trade, so he's one of a few who they might be thinking of delisting and and then rookieing.
I don't have a problem with him being re-rookied.

But I think that with Noble and Richards on their way out the door. I could name another handful of players I'd delist before Krueger.
We also already have Josh Carmichael's spot available as well.

I don't have a problem with him being re-rookied.

But I think that with Noble and Richards on their way out the door. I could name another handful of players I'd delist before Krueger.
We also already have Josh Carmichael's spot available as well.
My point is to do with main list versus rookie list. Carmichael is on the rookie list and doesn't open up a spot that can be filled through the draft or during trade week.

It's a hard one bogs. Freddy can't mark overhead and has a very low footy IQ. On the one hand I can understand if we keep him but if we don't, I think it sums up what many of us know and that is, he's simply not good enough. Freddy has quite a few attributes but there's too much clockwork Orange going on between his ears

It's a hard one bogs. Freddy can't mark overhead and has a very low footy IQ. On the one hand I can understand if we keep him but if we don't, I think it sums up what many of us know and that is, he's simply not good enough. Freddy has quite a few attributes but there's too much clockwork Orange going on between his ears
Great idea manic.

Freddy's preseason. In an attempt to help him avoid doing really stupid stuff.

1725506555800.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you ever understand that movie?. that was one trippy film
I'd read the book before I saw it, so I did understand it - don't think I would have otherwise. I don't understand 2001 A Space Odyssey. Kubrick made some stuff that was too arty for me to get.

I'd read the book before I saw it, so I did understand it - don't think I would have otherwise. I don't understand 2001 A Space Odyssey. Kubrick made some stuff that was too arty for me to get.
As of yesterday, we all know you have an appreciation limitation.
Phil Mickelson Golf GIF

So is it some strange tree phobia to go with the pitiful driving that attracts you to Links courses?
You talk about Links courses like delusional opposition supporters talk about Nicky Daicos.

And enough with the pitiful driving malarkey. I get enough electronic grief on that topic from my(definitely faulty) launch monitor.

My point is to do with main list versus rookie list. Carmichael is on the rookie list and doesn't open up a spot that can be filled through the draft or during trade week.
Completely agree. We need open spots for draft and trade period.

I could name probably about 6 players I'd move rather than Krueger.

My thought is that with us resigning SP10, Steele, Howe and WHE, that we clearly still think we can win now.

So the case I'm making is that Kroog is one of our best options to keep for injury insurance in a lot of high impact positions, unlike a rookie he can make an impact with his play now and he still has some developing to do, he's still only 25 and barely played any footy, and his salary would be pretty modest and better yet, he's already here and wouldn't cost us any picks to get him.

I do agree that he's not going to be a 40+ goal player for us, he's not good enough in that sense. But we wouldn't be paying him that money.

I don't see any player we can get in for the same kind of value that makes an impact. We would need to offer picks to get that sort of player in.

My thought is that with us resigning SP10, Steele, Howe and WHE, that we clearly still think we can win now.

So the case I'm making is that Kroog is one of our best options to keep for injury insurance in a lot of high impact positions, unlike a rookie he can make an impact with his play now and he still has some developing to do, he's still only 25 and barely played any footy, and his salary would be pretty modest and better yet, he's already here and wouldn't cost us any picks to get him.

I do agree that he's not going to be a 40+ goal player for us, he's not good enough in that sense. But we wouldn't be paying him that money.

I don't see any player we can get in for the same kind of value that makes an impact. We would need to offer picks to get that sort of player in.
Did you see any of Patrick Farrant earlier in the year playing VFL? How about Sam Glover? BOTH way better options than Kreugs.

Patrick Farrant is 189 cm - he isn’t a better option than Kruegs he isn’t a key position player
He can mark it in his hands so can take it at a much higher point than Freddy. Freddy is a second ruck option. That's his hope - the Leigh Brown role - not as a genuine forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Nathan Kreuger

Remove this Banner Ad

Back