nathen jones

Remove this Banner Ad

chopes

Rookie
Jul 27, 2005
Other Teams
richmond
wat do u think about this young player. has a strong build great skills and a bit of speed. he played a very good game in the grand final in the stingrays. played against him in his junior years and was a standout in every game. could he paly afl in his first season??? what club do u think he will go to??

Could go anywhere from Collingwood at #5 to Geelong at #15, IMO. Wouldn't last past there - if he was still there at #15, Geelong would have to pick him as the best available.

Good little player.Looks tailor made for AFL footy.

Probably wont go as earlier as footydraft have him at #7.My guess is somewhere between 10 and 15.Possibly just behind Swallow in the midfielder pecking order(I'd take him before swallow personally ,just trying to guess what clubs will do) and just ahead of Douglas.

mick4 said:
Could he be this years Angus Montfries and Byron Schammer and slide down the order because of his lack of size?

Hope so. If Hawthorn got him at 14 i'd be very very happy.
Are his skills really that good though? I had heard his disposal is not always that great.

Don't know the guy, only seen him play 3 times, but he looks good, fast and long running, hard at the ball and one of the few stingrays players who merrit a mention. One would hope he got drafted as he certainly has the talent.

Nathan Jones - the steal of the 2005 NAB National Draft. ;)

Nathan Jones, Brock McLean, Colin Sylvia, Brent Moloney. 4 quality INSIDE midfielders. Just what we need - great recruiting Craig Cameron.

Sylvia Saint said:

Nathan Jones, Brock McLean, Colin Sylvia, Brent Moloney. 4 quality INSIDE midfielders. Just what we need - great recruiting Craig Cameron.
Him and Shannon Hurn, West Coast can consider themselves very lucky as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sylvia Saint said:

Definitely a good pickup, but I wouldn't say it is a real steal. Probably went at a fair place.

Sylvia Saint said:

Brent Moloney is NOT an inside midfielder. How you can be a Melbourne Fan and think that I don't know. He's big, yes, and he lays the body in, yes, but he's a running, long-kicking outside mid.

Don't know that Sylvia is very inside either - tough, yes, but not very inside. That's why you needed Jones.

vinnie_vegas69 said:
Brent Moloney is NOT an inside midfielder. How you can be a Melbourne Fan and think that I don't know. He's big, yes, and he lays the body in, yes, but he's a running, long-kicking outside mid.

Don't know that Sylvia is very inside either - tough, yes, but not very inside. That's why you needed Jones.
Moloney and Sylvia were both Top 5 for hardball gets at the club last season (well, Sylvia was until he got injured).

vinnie_vegas69 said:

You are correct on both accounts. Moloney was more inside than at geelong but still very outside. Sylvia has the ability to be inside but is still more outside. And Mclean is still more a predator than 'first dibs'.

We need Jones to excel inside, especially at the stoppages.

nathan jones, his personality matches his footy skills, one of the best blokes i no, havin playin wif him and against him i have seen alot of his skills, and one day he will be a known star in the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

nathen jones

Remove this Banner Ad

Back