NBA Live 2005

Remove this Banner Ad

I had 2k4 on xbox and then bought live 05 and thought 2k4 was better but after playing live for a while now i think it is better and roster updates are a lot easier

Playing Dynasty mode at the moment. Traded Bowen and Brent Barry for Rip. Signed Derrick Dial of FA cos he can shoot the rock.

I have a friend who swears by ESPN 2K5, and apparently you can use a College Hoops with it and draft players from College ball into the ESPN NBA game, which sounds good.

But I love NBA LIVE 2005. Can't say I've played ESPN yet.

Anyway I'm in the second season of a Dynasty, with the Grizzlies. I've traded for Okafor, Josh Childress, Kyle Korver, without giving up anyone from my starting line-up (which is Gasol, Swift, Posey, Battier and Jayson Williams).

I've looking for a quicker shooting guard to replace Battier. I've thought about rotating Childress into the starting 5, but Battier provided better "D".

I'd love to get Rip Hamilton, he'd be a perfect fit - but doubt I'll be able to swing that trade.

I'm 31-7 in my second season (on "All-Star"), after winning the Championship last season (only on "Starter" level, though).

:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm in my 4th season with the lakers and in the first season 8 games in i traded Devan George for Sam Cassell. Now Sammy is a 3 time MVP!

Great, Addictive Game.

I find myself simming some games and hoping for losses to keep interested and hungry as it's too easy to win the 82 games and the championship...even on "All star".

Watto said:
I find myself simming some games and hoping for losses to keep interested and hungry as it's too easy to win the 82 games and the championship...even on "All star".

So what's the highest difficulty level again? There's something above All-Star, right?

CrackerJack said:
superstar is the highest but im still stuck on all-star :(
Crackerjack, how are you going on All-Star? i.e. what team are you using, and how are going in your franchise etc?

I'm using Memphis, and I'm in the second year of my dynasty. I'm about 37-9 or something (56 game regular season)... on "All-Star".. :)

Pau Gasol dominates. He won the MVP last season and is well on track to win it again.

I just passed the trade deadline, and on the last day made a desperate attempt to snare LeBron James from Cleveland (offering Swift and Battier and a 1st round pick, for James, Tractor and a 2nd round pick)... I thought I had a chance too, but the trade offer was rejected... :rolleyes:

We struggle at the SG spot - Battier is a bit slow for our fast break style...!

luke2177 said:
Crackerjack, how are you going on All-Star? i.e. what team are you using, and how are going in your franchise etc?

I'm using Memphis, and I'm in the second year of my dynasty. I'm about 37-9 or something (56 game regular season)... on "All-Star".. :)

Pau Gasol dominates. He won the MVP last season and is well on track to win it again.

I just passed the trade deadline, and on the last day made a desperate attempt to snare LeBron James from Cleveland (offering Swift and Battier and a 1st round pick, for James, Tractor and a 2nd round pick)... I thought I had a chance too, but the trade offer was rejected... :rolleyes:

We struggle at the SG spot - Battier is a bit slow for our fast break style...!
i just started again with Houston with updated rosters. Yao and T-Mac are the franchise and andre barrett looks like getting Rookie MVP and i have a record of 32-2 on all-star mode. ive cut gaines and weatherspoon and signed marcus haislip

go team said:
do the commentators yell "MONSTER JAM, HE'S ON FIRE"?
ahhh... no. :rolleyes:

At least not on my PS2! A player can get "hot", but I don't think that means that everything they put up is money.

I'd had several situation where Pau Gasol is "hot", but then he misses a dunk or something whilst he's "on fire". Quite surreal. :)

ive had 2004 for ages and got good at that just bought 2005 and its pretty easy ... i mean even on superstar i can pretty much win all matches ... but i make shots below 50 now so its harder to score.

how du get updated rosters on xbox btw? its pretty easy to do mannually tho.

BlueBoy83 said:
ive had 2004 for ages and got good at that just bought 2005 and its pretty easy ... i mean even on superstar i can pretty much win all matches ... but i make shots below 50 now so its harder to score.

how du get updated rosters on xbox btw? its pretty easy to do mannually tho.
x-box live

Remove this Banner Ad

NBA Live 2005

Remove this Banner Ad

Back