Resource NBL Supercoach 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Am I mad to boost and move Oliver to Waardenberg? Full team of doubles and hopefully some good cash gen from Sam in the next 2 weeks.
I did that and then reversed it after listening to the Basketball Blokes on their spotify say that Waardenburg is unreliable, especially with Armstrong due back very soon.

Cairns have doubles 3 of next 4 and Waardenburg will provide a cash boost, so I used one of my two trades on him.

Was tempted to add Armstrong but will wait until next week, in case they hold him off for their 2nd game, or play him limited minutes in first week back. But you'll definitely want him- should be a good cash boost sale in a few weeks time. Cairns have 4 singles in a row, straight after their run of 3 doubles in next 4, which should dovetail nicely with him having played games and boosted his value.

I did that and then reversed it after listening to the Basketball Blokes on their spotify say that Waardenburg is unreliable, especially with Armstrong due back very soon.
Waardenburg is an interesting one

Had a huge rookie season then regressed last year.

I'm hopeful the new team-mates are providing a better fit, and year 2 will prove to be an aberration rather than year 1 being a flash in the pan.

Cairns don't have a deep team this year, so Waardenburg will get plenty of minutes. Armstrong is a distributing point guard, Bradshaw more a defensive player, so there's every chance Waardenburg becomes Cairns' 2nd leading scorer after Edwards, plus he'll get a solid amount of rebounds, blocks and steals. At $225k it's good value and we already know his value should sky-rocket next week after last week's strong effort.

I’m chasing points tbh. I’m top 600 atm but also trying to keep the cash gen going, if I do that trade it gives me over 150k in the bank and with cottons price to drop he is who I am targeting. Along with PJC when NZ return.

I love Waardenberg. His rookie year was great and had the second year blues. But I reckon forde is building the team around he and Armstrong

I'm primarily chasing cash but haven't had any success in calculating how the value increases work.

My best guess is it averages out their scores over the previous 5 games (perhaps with an increased weighting towards the last game or two) which is why it doesn't make sense yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource NBL Supercoach 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back