NCFL Central discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

each club is going to define success differently.

Whatever happens from here, the Redbacks have had a successful year.

I’m going to imagine Boort are atleast a little underwhelmed with their results, and i’m sure Nully are.

Wyche have had a very mixed bag, and probably would’ve anticipated more than they got.

For the tigers and bulls, anything short of a flag is probably below expectations.

Donald just keep making finals, but probably have not stepped up as much as they would like.

Charlton have brought in a number of outside players over the last couple of seasons, and are just not seeing results.

I’m going to imagine Boort are atleast a little underwhelmed with their results, and i’m sure Nully are.

Wyche have had a very mixed bag, and probably would’ve anticipated more than they got.

For the tigers and bulls, anything short of a flag is probably below expectations.

Donald just keep making finals, but probably have not stepped up as much as they would like.

Charlton have brought in a number of outside players over the last couple of seasons, and are just not seeing results.

Wedderburn are the obvious ones for sure

St arnaud?

Minimal recruiting looks to have really worked in Wedderburn's favor this year. I think it has played well to the strength of their young locals who at this stage would have played with one another for about a decade and I think that shows as they are a cohesive unit that looks well organised under Metherell, who appears to have been a good pick as coach. Add to that their more experienced campaigners and you have what I think is a solid foundation for good side.

Nullawil perhaps took the opposite approach and splashed out on some big names and have come up with nothing. Would be disappointing for them as I'm sure they would have wanted to go out with a bang. It will be very interesting to see how the Lions go.

I think Boort might be looking at what Wedderburn have done this year plus their results against Donald and be thinking that they should have made finals. Plenty of good signs for the future though with some quality youngsters out of the 3rds this year that will be pushing for spots in the 1s. The magpies will be desperate for finals footy next year and they might get there if they keep their recruits and perform more consistently.

On another note has a senior team in the NCFL played a home grand final before? I'm sure that prospect is dangling like a carrot in front of the Redbacks.

Minimal recruiting looks to have really worked in Wedderburn's favor this year. I think it has played well to the strength of their young locals who at this stage would have played with one another for about a decade and I think that shows as they are a cohesive unit that looks well organised under Metherell, who appears to have been a good pick as coach. Add to that their more experienced campaigners and you have what I think is a solid foundation for good side.

Nullawil perhaps took the opposite approach and splashed out on some big names and have come up with nothing. Would be disappointing for them as I'm sure they would have wanted to go out with a bang. It will be very interesting to see how the Lions go.

I think Boort might be looking at what Wedderburn have done this year plus their results against Donald and be thinking that they should have made finals. Plenty of good signs for the future though with some quality youngsters out of the 3rds this year that will be pushing for spots in the 1s. The magpies will be desperate for finals footy next year and they might get there if they keep their recruits and perform more consistently.

On another note has a senior team in the NCFL played a home grand final before? I'm sure that prospect is dangling like a carrot in front of the Redbacks.
Based off the Grand Final gate takings list, which dates back to 1956, it hasn’t happened in that time.

There has been a handful of occasions where a top 4 side has hosted the grand final, but they’ve usually been knocked out first week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think they win it. Ripon is too good of a player
Had the bye last week, miss this week so they play 1st game in 3 weeks in 2nd semi. If they happen to win they play in granny with 1 game in 5 weeks under their belt. Recent history tells this is not ideal, 2008 Redbacks went into granny after last round bye and won 2nd semi, were very sluggish in grand final and lost to Boort. Dont know how many NCFL games you have seen this season Trent but Sea Lake are by far the best side in the comp in what Ive seen. Trent Donnan has run into form so mid field battle favours the tigers I reckon

Remove this Banner Ad

NCFL Central discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back