NCFL Central discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Well they did win 9/10 between 2007-2016 between them. With each at least winning 1.

Boort beat StA in last years junior flag. There is an opportunity to start from.
Different time, couple of additional teams, lot more money up north. Boort and Saints juniors been strong most of the 2000s but hasnt transfered through to senior ranks past 10 years. Apart from Boort none of the others have any depth, 2nds footy in NCFL apart from Nulli and Sea Lake and Boort very ordinary in depth and quality.

Do all the umpires in the league currently come from the Bendigo association?

Hearing they have decided they are spread too thin and need to drop a league next year and North Central is it due to the travel involved.

Hearing they have decided they are spread too thin and need to drop a league next year and North Central is it due to the travel involved.
There would be a handful of locals, but a lot come out of Bendigo.
Im not sure on other leagues. We only get senior central umpires, clubs provide goal umpires, boundary’s & 2nds umpires.

That would hurt. But there could be a scenario where the NCFL contract the umpires themselves at a better rate to get access to them.

The money is probably available

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keen to hear the thoughts from the local supporters on the standard and quality of the umpiring going around country football? With the AFL chopping and changing and the ‘elite’ struggling with consistency, is this flowing into our local football?

What more can be done to assist our local groups with their umpiring, especially with the amount of $$ being thrown around by the clubs for players.

Have posted this in a couple of other groups around the region to get a good gauge on it all.

Nullis tipping point to arrive next week. Lose to Donald they go 8 points plus percentage out of the 4. with 6 games left that may be hard to pull back.
Have they had many injuries to deal with this year or any other factors contributing to their form? Not doing the whole jump on the coach here either but I assume most people had them tracking a lot better?

Have they had many injuries to deal with this year or any other factors contributing to their form? Not doing the whole jump on the coach here either but I assume most people had them tracking a lot better?
Had a few injuries but not on their own there .Would have been considered a lock for finals before the season.

Had a few injuries but not on their own there .Would have been considered a lock for finals before the season.
Their reserves are on top of the ladder, won every game pretty easy, maybe Boort is the only side to get within 4 goals of them. So they have depth. Just appears the main group that have played together a fair while aren't playing to the same standard, and recruits haven't gelled as well as the past bar excell

Nullis tipping point to arrive next week. Lose to Donald they go 8 points plus percentage out of the 4. with 6 games left that may be hard to pull back

I wouldn't be so sure:

Don 26, (Nul, Sta, Sl, Char, Boort, Wed)
WN 20 (Sl, Char, Boort, Wed, Bir, Nul)
Wed 18 (Char, Boort, WN, Bir, Nul, Don)
Boort 18 (Wed, WN, Bir, Nul, Don, Sta)
Nul 16 (Don, Sta, Sl, Char, Boort, Wed, WN)

I think 36 or even 34 will make the finals.

I wouldn't be so sure:

Don 26, (Nul, Sta, Sl, Char, Boort, Wed)
WN 20 (Sl, Char, Boort, Wed, Bir, Nul)
Wed 18 (Char, Boort, WN, Bir, Nul, Don)
Boort 18 (Wed, WN, Bir, Nul, Don, Sta)
Nul 16 (Don, Sta, Sl, Char, Boort, Wed, WN)

I think 36 or even 34 will make the finals.
Too right, very tight back end to the year with Nulli to come home strong you'd expect.
Don i think they have enough points to scrape in with 3 wins from StA, Char, Boort and Wed
WN need to win 4 of the 6 to lock it in; sneaking a win against a Top 2 team would be a bonus for them
Wed/Boort will struggle with the teams they are playing; need to snatch a win against a Top 2/3 team
Nulli possibly comes down to the last game of the year against WN; they wouldn't want to drop a game against Boort or Wed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back