NCFL Central discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't say I am huge fan of trotting track footy grounds.

Think a bit of a drainer on atmosphere.

Thoughts?

I didn't mind the atmosphere last year at Boort, but definitely helped with footy ground, netball courts and hockey field neighbouring each other. Charlton had a prelim couple years ago and it was fine. Plus can have a pub crawl on the way back on the Calder. Should be a good day.

I didn't mind the atmosphere last year at Boort, but definitely helped with footy ground, netball courts and hockey field neighbouring each other. Charlton had a prelim couple years ago and it was fine. Plus can have a pub crawl on the way back on the Calder. Should be a good day.
You could only see the footy at Boort last year if you were right at the front over 6 foot 6! Was a terrible place for watching a grand final!

You could only see the footy at Boort last year if you were right at the front over 6 foot 6! Was a terrible place for watching a grand final!

Yep Boort is terrible. Charlton next. Weddurburn and Sta have the hill but it disperses the crowd so much it makes the atmosphere terrible.

Prelim last year was close at St. Arnaud and it was so cold and damp everyone was on the hill 200m from the ground or behind the glass watching the races.

Anyway it is what it is and NCFL rotate their finals so its a fair policy.

Birchip have a good ground from memory, witche is almost identical to kerang in the central murray.
Birchips track is in real good condition at the minute. And you can get a good crowd up on the hill.
I like Wyche as you get a great atmosphere. And good length of cover along the wing in The Green Mill.

What would be the best venue if there was a choice?

Wyche and Sea Lake's. I like the grassed area at Sea Lake. Wyche had a great set up when the GF was played there a couple years ago. Plus both have outdoor bars. Can be a pain pushing through the crowd at Birchip to get into their Leisure Centre.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was there two years and was keen to play the second just outing get over an injury in pre season and ended up having surgery mid year. He still helping coach the second year I believe.
I’m not sure he deserves the bad rap he gets

He was no where to be seen second year and joined late in the first year.

Was only appointed “joint coach” for salary cap reasons.

Tips this weekend;

I am going rouge

Charlton get their first win of the year. Will beat the Burn by 15
Wyche to beat Sea Lake by 20 in the upset of the year.
Nully to fire up the big maroon engine on the run into finals and beat Donald by 30
Birchip to be the only fave to get up. Beating the Saints by 45

The optics are pretty poor with him but he's entitled to do as he pleases.
The funny one though was McGuane essentially calling him a mercenary when confirming he'd signed at Keilor.

Yep Boort is terrible. Charlton next. Weddurburn and Sta have the hill but it disperses the crowd so much it makes the atmosphere terrible.

Prelim last year was close at St. Arnaud and it was so cold and damp everyone was on the hill 200m from the ground or behind the glass watching the races.

Anyway it is what it is and NCFL rotate their finals so its a fair policy.
Hill at Wedderburn gone. Wont want rain Grand final day, nowhere to keep dry. Seating area on the hill wasnt the best place to watch from but at least u kept dry.Think they probably need a couple of portable grandstands around the ground.

Wrong again pal. I thought you would be more on top of this since you’ve potted him in every threads you can.
Signed there at the start of the year but missed the first 6 or 8 games finishing his suspension.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back