NCFL Central discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn’t another sliding doors moment for Charlton not agreeing to a merger with Wyche? And if rumours are true have other merger suitors come knocking more recently and been met with same response? If yes & yes their moaning looks a bit trite.
They knocked Wyche back 3 or 4 years ago. They were keen to talk mergers again, however Wyche were already in the process with Nully. That process probably took a little long than expected. And Wyche didn’t want to be “double dipping”.
My understanding is they met with Donald, but Donald didn’t want a 50/50 split.

They knocked Wyche back 3 or 4 years ago. They were keen to talk mergers again, however Wyche were already in the process with Nully. That process probably took a little long than expected. And Wyche didn’t want to be “double dipping”.
With the Calder name truck, in 2 years time they might merge with Calder

So the underlying tone is that a significant number of clubs have mergers somewhere on their agenda.

How do people here see the NCFL looking over the next 10 years?

Potentially, there would be another merger or two over time from the current clubs.

I can see the LVFL lose a few clubs and the league fold with some clubs joining the NCFL (e.g. an East Loddon team plus one or two other clubs), though I doubt any of them will be able to field any hockey teams.

What about gaining one or two clubs from the GRFL?

So the underlying tone is that a significant number of clubs have mergers somewhere on their agenda.

How do people here see the NCFL looking over the next 10 years?

Potentially, there would be another merger or two over time from the current clubs.

I can see the LVFL lose a few clubs and the league fold with some clubs joining the NCFL (e.g. an East Loddon team plus one or two other clubs), though I doubt any of them will be able to field any hockey teams.

What about gaining one or two clubs from the GRFL?
Think with the way the results have gone last couple of years put a line through north/south, Southern Mallee teams head to CMFL, others to a merged LVFL

Think with the way the results have gone last couple of years put a line through north/south, Southern Mallee teams head to CMFL, others to a merged LVFL

Bit sick of this North South. As Ive previously posted the so called "South" won 9 of 10 flags before Wyche won 2017.

The league is one of the more even in Country VIC and no team going around is as bad as Wyche were for 2-3 years in Mid 2000's. Getting belted by 200+ . They recovered to last another 20 years with 3 more flags from 5 grand final appearances and have now found a suitable merger partner to combine 2 very passionate supporter bases.

The hub should explore the following;

BFL - accept submissions from Bendigo based HDFL/LVFNL clubs to be admitted (maybe 2 clubs)
HDFL - bring on board Bendigo based LVFL teams and most southern teams
NCFL - bring on board more Northern LVFL teams
LVFL - disbanded

Communities can take it upon themselves to merge or not based on their own sustainability and outlook.

There also needs to be significant lobbying to AFL VIC re scrapping the salary cap and redeploying resources to work on an optimised points model.

Simple.

I agree with much of that. My only point of difference is BFL and HDFL.

I can't see the HDFL or most of its clubs wanting too many changes from the status quo as that league seems to be in great nick.

The issue is the BFL attracting country-based clubs but that will not be easy after what we have seen with Kyneton and Maryborough recently and the Bendigo clubs have a stranglehold on the competition.

I could only see clubs from the LVFL coming into the Bendigo league. Marong plus maybe one or two others. The rest would likely end up in the NCFL as a mix of merged entities and standalone clubs.

I agree with much of that. My only point of difference is BFL and HDFL.

I can't see the HDFL or most of its clubs wanting too many changes from the status quo as that league seems to be in great nick.

The issue is the BFL attracting country-based clubs but that will not be easy after what we have seen with Kyneton and Maryborough recently and the Bendigo clubs have a stranglehold on the competition.

I could only see clubs from the LVFL coming into the Bendigo league. Marong plus maybe one or two others. The rest would likely end up in the NCFL as a mix of merged entities and standalone clubs.

On the same page here. That's why I said accept submissions, ie give HDLF clubs a chance if they so wish, but this is also open to Marong Maiden Gully etc.

Bit sick of this North South. As Ive previously posted the so called "South" won 9 of 10 flags before Wyche won 2017.

The league is one of the more even in Country VIC and no team going around is as bad as Wyche were for 2-3 years in Mid 2000's. Getting belted by 200+ . They recovered to last another 20 years with 3 more flags from 5 grand final appearances and have now found a suitable merger partner to combine 2 very passionate supporter bases.

The hub should explore the following;

BFL - accept submissions from Bendigo based HDFL/LVFNL clubs to be admitted (maybe 2 clubs)
HDFL - bring on board Bendigo based LVFL teams and most southern teams
NCFL - bring on board more Northern LVFL teams
LVFL - disbanded

Communities can take it upon themselves to merge or not based on their own sustainability and outlook.

There also needs to be significant lobbying to AFL VIC re scrapping the salary cap and redeploying resources to work on an optimised points model.

Simple.
Saints, Boort,Wedderburn and Charlton in their current form(meaning unless amalgamated) arent winning a premiership in the foreseeable future. Simply havent got the resources to compete with the north(not advocating for a salary cap)unless amalgamations happen.

Saints, Boort,Wedderburn and Charlton in their current form(meaning unless amalgamated) arent winning a premiership in the foreseeable future. Simply havent got the resources to compete with the north(not advocating for a salary cap)unless amalgamations happen.
So you suggest they give up? They won 9/10 between them not long ago. Wyche got beat by 200 weekly in 06 and were not much better on 07. They won the flag in 2010.

I dont think these clubs will be giving up anytime soon. Boort certainly have money and can recruit.

The other 3 clubs have expensive new facilities. Be a shame to see them empty

Can you predict the weather too? A few bad years on the farm might change the resources available.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boort and Wedderburn have been really competitive this year. Any other year they'd be playing finals for sure in the comp. This year, bar Charlton, it's one of the most interesting comps in the state.

Maybe Boort and wandella merge too

Boort and Wedderburn have been really competitive this year. Any other year they'd be playing finals for sure in the comp. This year, bar Charlton, it's one of the most interesting comps in the state.

Maybe Boort and wandella merge too

Charlton just had a draw with Wyche I see. NCFL throwing up some interesting results this year for sure.

Heard last night, might be bs but apparently an issue may have been that if NCFL was to disappear Donald would want a move to Wimmera which didnt please Charlton. Also continuing to hear little whispers that the NCFL may be sacrificed to strengthen surrounding leagues. Dont know how true this is or where its coming from but have heard from a couple of different people the same whisper.

NCFL Central discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back