NCFL Central discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

How much coaching movement are we expecting in 2025?

• Tigers will be on the hunt, from all reports both coaches won’t be putting their hands up in 2025.
  • Metherell clearly a good fit at the Redbacks.
  • Are Boort likely to continue down the non playing route and retain Cameron?
  • Calder United have some decisions. Metro reportedly won’t have his hand up… Is Darryl their man?
  • Is Donald in the market, or looking to stick by their local lad?
  • I’d imagine if Trev is keen to continue, the Bulls won’t be in any rush to move him on.

From a coaching and playing perspective, it’s looking like a bloody interesting silly season coming up, particularly as it pertains to Calder United - They can’t possibly retain everyone they want to, let alone potentially bringing more in.
Reckon Cameron might get the tap on the shoulder at Boort, have had a fair crack $wise for little result. In saying that though who these days is that keen to put their hand up to coach, unless you can take charge of a successful side its a very hard job. Hats off to those with the ambition to have a crack.

Been thinking that the gun full forward is getting harder to find. Apart from Edwards and JJ when he plays they are scarce in the NCFL. Sharp and Mellington have lit up the LVFL. Not a goalkicker in the top 20 in country vic from a major league.

How much coaching movement are we expecting in 2025?

• Tigers will be on the hunt, from all reports both coaches won’t be putting their hands up in 2025.
  • Metherell clearly a good fit at the Redbacks.
  • Are Boort likely to continue down the non playing route and retain Cameron?
  • Calder United have some decisions. Metro reportedly won’t have his hand up… Is Darryl their man?
  • Is Donald in the market, or looking to stick by their local lad?
  • I’d imagine if Trev is keen to continue, the Bulls won’t be in any rush to move him on.

From a coaching and playing perspective, it’s looking like a bloody interesting silly season coming up, particularly as it pertains to Calder United - They can’t possibly retain everyone they want to, let alone potentially bringing more in.
As far as Calder Uniteds playing list next year does anyone think that Nulli/Wyche imports that dont make the cut would be worth pursuing? Have shown they are prepared to travel would probably come down to $.

As far as Calder Uniteds playing list next year does anyone think that Nulli/Wyche imports that dont make the cut would be worth pursuing? Have shown they are prepared to travel would probably come down to $.

Absolutely worth pursuing. Some of them are getting up in age but still seem to be getting the job done

Heard a rumour from my mate who lives over your side of the country (Bendigo). He's saying there's a possibility of Maryborough looking into the feasibility of moving to the NCFL. Any truth at all? Or has been told porkies?

Heard a rumour from my mate who lives over your side of the country (Bendigo). He's saying there's a possibility of Maryborough looking into the feasibility of moving to the NCFL. Any truth at all? Or has been told porkies?
At very least the conversation should be had. Yes lots of travel but I think it benefits the league.

Whilst very unlikely of occurring, if NCFL wanted to target other clubs to join (outside of LV clubs), they should try entice Warrack or Minyip. Wimmera teams tend to target a different pool of players so won't exacerbate an underlying issue, less players getting around whom are just moving between local central vic clubs.

I think it benefits maryborough and the ncfl, recruits travel less and they retain the same amount of teams, smart move by the ncfl
Maryborough will still have the issue of too many clubs in close vicinity - why sign up for a club that will have to travel all the way to Birchip/Nulli/Wcyhe if i can play most clubs in <30mins of my own local MCDFL club every second week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am hearing there’s a few well known Wyche locals not real happy with the merger with Nully and have formed their own “Breakaway” group and are heading Charlton way?
Got any names or we just throwing around the usual “have heard” rubbish?
I can name 2, neither have been active at the club for 3-4 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

NCFL Central discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back