NCFL Central discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon Cameron might get the tap on the shoulder at Boort, have had a fair crack $wise for little result. In saying that though who these days is that keen to put their hand up to coach, unless you can take charge of a successful side its a very hard job. Hats off to those with the ambition to have a crack.
Cameron reappointed at Boort.

Coaches are a real horses for courses for me.

Obviously Trev and Daryl have pretty handy resumes, how would they go with Charlton or the Saints list?

How would Collins go coaching Bulls or sea lakes list?
Definitely easier with the right cattle. Couldnt see Ryan or Wilson coaching any side which wasnt in the premiership mix, then again why would they, theyve got the runs on the board.

Got any names or we just throwing around the usual “have heard” rubbish?
I can name 2, neither have been active at the club for 3-4 years.

So there are 2? And pretty sure one is a Feeny Medalist back in the playing days? I’ve been out of the system for a very long time but do recall the names that I have heard being once heavily associated with the Club so my bad if they haven’t had anything to do with the club for that long. Mergers never please everyone we’ve all seen that in the past and am sure some old fashioned people at both clubs won’t go well with the change and go elsewhere.

So there are 2? And pretty sure one is a Feeny Medalist back in the playing days? I’ve been out of the system for a very long time but do recall the names that I have heard being once heavily associated with the Club so my bad if they haven’t had anything to do with the club for that long. Mergers never please everyone we’ve all seen that in the past and am sure some old fashioned people at both clubs won’t go well with the change and go elsewhere.
Just quietly I'd think truck would know if there was unrest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course there were/are people against it. But of two loudest, One left town 20 years ago, the other has actively not been involved for a couple of years now.
I can’t see them rallying any troops to form a “breakaway” as you’ve put it.

They aren't against a merger they just felt we would have been better waiting for Charlton. Which would have been at least 2026.

All I can say is if the merger goes well then the Calder Lions will be an absolute powerhouse. Nully are already good, if you add in some of wyches top players and keep the top recruits from each club then they will match or exceed sea lake and Birchip. Plus they would have good depth as well

Just seen Sea Lakes side for this week. Look like they aren’t gonna hold off on the saints this week 😂. Trent Donnan in and Josh Jenkins

Just seen Sea Lakes side for this week. Look like they aren’t gonna hold off on the saints this week . Trent Donnan in and Josh Jenkins

With a bye next week, and one of the closest travelling games for their southerners, it’s unsurprising.

St Arnaud, Bye, Charlton isn’t the ideal lead in to a finals series in 2024.

Will Edward’s crack the ton? Two games left and he needs 17. Against Wedderburn and Wyche it is gettable. I remember hearing last year that they were just feeding him the ball against st arnaud in the last round to try and get him to beat jj in the leading goal kicker

Interesting talk on NCFL preview on 3SH this morning. Shane OShea said that discussion had beenheld about an idea of making locally bred 1 pointers being exempt from the salary cap as a way of preventing good home grown talent being poached by other clubs with a trade off being a reduction in the salary cap. Noel Watsons take on the salary cap was that it may as well be $100, not adhered to or policed.

Interesting talk on NCFL preview on 3SH this morning. Shane OShea said that discussion had beenheld about an idea of making locally bred 1 pointers being exempt from the salary cap as a way of preventing good home grown talent being poached by other clubs with a trade off being a reduction in the salary cap. Noel Watsons take on the salary cap was that it may as well be $100, not adhered to or policed.
It'd be good if all the major leagues in the state got in a room and ironed out a few of the points issues. Then just implement them all over the state.

Not sure Wang magpies would agree or even Dimboola got smashed

It'd be good if all the major leagues in the state got in a room and ironed out a few of the points issues. Then just implement them all over the state.

Not sure Wang magpies would agree or even Dimboola got smashed
They should of gone online and bought the Birchip treasurers book, Salary Caps Made Easy.

Remove this Banner Ad

NCFL Central discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back