NEAFL - Eastern Conference 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah. Terrible news. I've never been able to imagine going to an ACTAFL game and not seeing Rusty at some stage. An old school decent man whose knowledge and love of Australian Rules football will be irreplacable. Condolences to Rusty's family.

I too heard the news yesterday and was very shocked and saddened.
His love for the game is unquestioned and I was lucky enough to work closely with him during a rep period.
Condolences to his family and friends. ACT has lost a great man.

Bitter blow for Qbn with Josh Bryce out for the season with a knee injury.

With he and Swan both missing and Roy retired and Overs leaving it leaves a few holes down back which need filling
that is a huge loss for tigers! but i've heard swan is still a chance and that tim cook is going to be pulling back on the boots? also mccabe has some experience down back.

pretty lousy 2013 thread so far. what's goss?? any rumours? how are everyone's pre seasons going? who's set to have a breakout year? Mulroney tips? ladder predictions? who's set to climb the ladder? which recruits are impressing? who's dominating pre season? practice matches? gotta be something we can talk about ?

Very fitting tribute today to Rusty Taylor.

Chapel was packed and many were outside unable to get in.

All speaches were heartfelt and emotional with special mention to his 2 children who battled bravely throughout and provided beautiful tributes to their father.

Lovely service for a lovely man.

You will be missed mate.

Interesting article on the NEAFL website predicting Belconnen to finish 4th.

Wondering who will be the side they believe will drop out to accommodate....

Swans? Ainslie? Qbn? Eastlake? Hills?

I would also expect UWS to improve after another full on pre season so that makes 7 sides trying for 5 spots.

Funnily enough the article did not have the person who wrote it

that is a huge loss for tigers! but i've heard swan is still a chance and that tim cook is going to be pulling back on the boots? also mccabe has some experience down back.

Swan will be back at some stage but not sure how he is travelling as far as round 1 goes but from last year Roy Jaques, Overs, Swan and Bryce missing from the best back 6.

Cookey can slot straight into HBF but they will need to find some tall timber for FB and CHB.

I would also expect UWS to improve after another full on pre season so that makes 7 sides trying for 5 spots.
Yes, ABH, I wondered about that article too. Mostly I wondered why the NEAFL started with Belconnen....not alphabetical order, nor finishing order last year, nor predicted position this year. So why start with Belconnen I asked myself.
I only started reading the website last year but I quickly concluded that the website's not especially well informed (apart from Reporter Greg Thomson who seems to know what's happening). So that article came out of the blue a bit....researched, thorough, informed.
I wonder whether the clubs were invited to submit their own work, and Belco's correspondent was the first to get writing. How else could you conclude that they'll come fourth ??

Can't wait for the article on the next club - who is going to be predicted as premiers in February, before the teams even seriously hit the track, when no-one knows Jack "Daniels" about who will go ok.

I'm down, big-guy. All I need now is instructions on what I have to do.
Never done anything like that before.

All you need to do mate is pick a side within the budget.

You get points for K, HB, Marks, Goals, Points etc and you can lose points for frees against, 50's against etc

Now for SC passing accuracy is pretty important so those who have less stats but are more efficient are considered more viable than a guy who gets a lot of the ball but does nothing with it.....a bit more realistic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

havent you noticed that belco are always pumped up in the pre season? all this 'belco are up and about' 'so fit', blah blah blah. Same thing happened a couple of years ago, they came out and belted Ainslie (who were the eventual premiers) by 15 goals in a practice game only to go on and win 3 games for the season. Dont win premierships in Feb.

They are playing Eastlake in a trial tonight

Interesting that Eastlake and Belconnen would play a trial against each other when they match up in round 1 in just over 4 weeks. Anyone heading out to have a look? As for predicting ladder spots at this stage of the year it is all speculation and in my opinion you can't predict anything, least of all what will take place in 21 weeks of competition.

havent you noticed that belco are always pumped up in the pre season? all this 'belco are up and about' 'so fit', blah blah blah. Same thing happened a couple of years ago, they came out and belted Ainslie (who were the eventual premiers) by 15 goals in a practice game only to go on and win 3 games for the season. Dont win premierships in Feb.

They are playing Eastlake in a trial tonight

popped out and watched a bit of the Eastlake v Belco praccy. Apparently they played 6 quarters, i'd imagine 3 qtrs of seniors 3 qtrs of ressies? Anyway, I only saw the first 3 quarters and Belco probably got up by 6 or 7 goals, looking good. In saying that I noticed Eastlake had a fair few regular senior players sitting on the sidelines, Belco were close to full strength. Should be a cracker come round 1

popped out and watched a bit of the Eastlake v Belco praccy. Apparently they played 6 quarters, i'd imagine 3 qtrs of seniors 3 qtrs of ressies? Anyway, I only saw the first 3 quarters and Belco probably got up by 6 or 7 goals, looking good. In saying that I noticed Eastlake had a fair few regular senior players sitting on the sidelines, Belco were close to full strength. Should be a cracker come round 1

Yeah that was the set up. First 3 "quarters" were basically NEAFL with the last 3 being for the Div 1 guys. We had a fair few of our main NEAFL guys having a bit of a run with a few sitting it out and Eastlake wasn't full strength. Was a good hit out in both grades but until the teams are picked and the best 22 are out on the park for both teams I don't think too much can be read into it.

went out and watched a few practice games. ainslie seemed to have a comfortable win against lavingston, a lot of new faces so not sure if that was their full team, doubt it. looks like dale walker will have another great year! hawks had a comfortable win over some ex hawks (narrandera). couple of new recruits stood out (including a tall and strong looking tap ruckman) but still a couple missing like cleaver, mcgrath and pocock. not sure who was winning between elake and albury. elake seemed solid with braba and odwyer dominating.

went out and watched a few practice games. ainslie seemed to have a comfortable win against lavingston, a lot of new faces so not sure if that was their full team, doubt it. looks like dale walker will have another great year! hawks had a comfortable win over some ex hawks (narrandera). couple of new recruits stood out (including a tall and strong looking tap ruckman) but still a couple missing like cleaver, mcgrath and pocock. not sure who was winning between elake and albury. elake seemed solid with braba and odwyer dominating.
albury won

Remove this Banner Ad

NEAFL - Eastern Conference 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back