NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he stays out of trouble. Surely he is on a tightrope with the law. Hopefully he can turn it all around.

The vultures will be thereabouts IMO!!!
T Tarrant out Proud in, so functions or team BBQs will still be a nervous place to be for the vultures when booze is involved......:D

The 20 20 thing for AFLQ is a stupid idea, and having men playing against 16 and 17 year old boys in this format is even stupider. I would hate to see an immature bodied talented youngster get seriously injured in this format.

They are using this as a selection for the QLD 18's team, does that mean if an Abey or an Eagle is too big, strong and good for some kid he will be scrapheaped? Ridiculous.

Not good for the State League clubs either, meant to be preparing for a new improved NEAFL and forced to have hit outs against kids in a different format.

My two cents

The 20 20 thing for AFLQ is a stupid idea, and having men playing against 16 and 17 year old boys in this format is even stupider. I would hate to see an immature bodied talented youngster get seriously injured in this format.

They are using this as a selection for the QLD 18's team, does that mean if an Abey or an Eagle is too big, strong and good for some kid he will be scrapheaped? Ridiculous.

Not good for the State League clubs either, meant to be preparing for a new improved NEAFL and forced to have hit outs against kids in a different format.

My two cents

agree with you there howard. i think clubs will play two different sides in each game (if they are allowed) against the u18's i would presume would be made up of more reserve grade players. and against the state league sides they will use their senior players.

Do clubs have to use the same 28 players in both games?

My two cents

i agree. would rather have full game hit outs than play mickey mouse matches and i wonder if this the afls doing. i can understand them wanting to have a couple weekends where at venues you can raise money for the clubs that have been affected by the floods. but to put 20/20 matches on as the show piece is ridiculous. put 2 games on at 1 venue and 3 on at another and play 20 minute quarters and have gold coin donations as well. pretty simple isn't it

It seems like a joke, the AFL is a heavily watched comp so getting 3 lots of team supporters into one ground makes a little sense. It is obviously at the expense of quality warm up games.

The AFLQ is barely watched and not televised so why bother? Seems like a hindrance to the clubs preparations to me and I struggle to find a reason for it! Can anyone think of a good reason?

It seems like a joke, the AFL is a heavily watched comp so getting 3 lots of team supporters into one ground makes a little sense. It is obviously at the expense of quality warm up games.

The AFLQ is barely watched and not televised so why bother? Seems like a hindrance to the clubs preparations to me and I struggle to find a reason for it! Can anyone think of a good reason?
Not sure what monies go to those affected by floods as in gate takings,entry fees per teams,funds from raffles etc but we at Noosa are really looking forward to hosting the 20/20 concept up here on the 26th and can guarantee a top crowd as per usual.Do agree though that a normal 4 quarter practise match hit out is more beneficial preparation.

Any Predictions for the season??
League Medal--?
Minor Premiers---?
Premiers--?
Runners up----??
Goal Kicking--?
Best Recuit--?
Wooden Spooners---??
Biggest improvers---??

any thoughts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Medal - Matthew Payne
Minor Premiers - Southport
Premiers - Sothport
Runners Up - Morningside
Goal kicking - Cleve Hughes
Best recruit - Albert Proud
Wooden spooners - Broadbeach
Biggest Improvers - Redlands

Medal - Matthew Payne
Premiers - Sothport
Runners Up - Morningside
Best recruit - Albert Proud
Wooden spooners - Broadbeach
Biggest Improvers - Redlands

Medal - Albert Proud
Premiers - Morningside
Runners Up - Southport
Best recruit - Caleb Brown
Wooden spooners - Aspley
Biggest Improvers - Redland

Any Predictions for the season??
League Medal--? Carse
Minor Premiers---? Labrador
Premiers--? Morningside
Runners up----?? Redlands
Goal Kicking--? Eagle
Best Recuit--? Spackman if he counts otherwise Mcleod( will be 7 quality games you would think
Wooden Spooners---?? Aspley
Biggest improvers---?? Redlands if Francis wants to keep his job

any thoughts

Medal - Payne
Premiers - Sothport
Runners Up - Labrador
Best recruit - Probably yet to be revealed but not Fevola.....haha Maybe Grose!!:confused:
Wooden spooners - Aspley / Lions / Suns
Biggest Improvers - Broadbeach

Medal - Matthew Payne (Carse, Zorko, C Illett and Proud also a pretty good show for the medal)
Premiers - Sothport
Runners Up - Morningside (Mounties and Redlands to challenge)
Best recruit - Albert Proud (Caleb Brown, Dan Weymouth and Kal Geary also)
Wooden spooners - Broadbeach (very unlikely- for mine Lions Ressies or Aspley)
Biggest Improvers - Redlands (also Broadbeach)

Agree with most of these. Added a few in bold.

Medal - Payne
Premiers - Sothport
Runners Up - Labrador
Best recruit - Probably yet to be revealed but not Fevola.....haha Maybe Grose!!:confused: Can play this guy!
Wooden spooners - Aspley / Lions / Suns
Biggest Improvers - Broadbeach

I would have thought Suns for the spoon but now they can play 23 listed players (and on a list of 52 they will probably have 23 available most weeks). Depending on injuries I think probably finalists or just out of the five at worst.

Even the Lions ressies can pick 19 listed and play 15 (the 15th as a sub) in the second half. The problem for the Lions is that with no Fev and Proud and X Clarke having a reco, once they get a few injured they will not have 19 to pick. The Maggies alliance will help and the top ups can be older which will also help them.

To be honest 19 listed is a pretty big number and I reckon they will finish towards the bottom if not with the spoon. Therefore in 2012 all restrictions may well be lifted.

I am not convinced on Aspley, although I see Damo is confident. I don't see where they will improve. They have lost a couple and gained a couple which generally means unless their list has been young they will probably be about the same as last year. Trouble is, everyone else will be better, hence 9th or 10th with the Lions is my prediction.

I would have thought Suns for the spoon but now they can play 23 listed players (and on a list of 52 they will probably have 23 available most weeks). Depending on injuries I think probably finalists or just out of the five at worst.

Even the Lions ressies can pick 19 listed and play 15 (the 15th as a sub) in the second half. The problem for the Lions is that with no Fev and Proud and X Clarke having a reco, once they get a few injured they will not have 19 to pick. The Maggies alliance will help and the top ups can be older which will also help them.

To be honest 19 listed is a pretty big number and I reckon they will finish towards the bottom if not with the spoon. Therefore in 2012 all restrictions may well be lifted.

I am not convinced on Aspley, although I see Damo is confident. I don't see where they will improve. They have lost a couple and gained a couple which generally means unless their list has been young they will probably be about the same as last year. Trouble is, everyone else will be better, hence 9th or 10th with the Lions is my prediction.

so who has gotten better than aspley that were below them last year.

so who has gotten better than aspley that were below them last year.

didn't think there was much below Aspley last year !

Maggies are in Pineapple Cup and you may find a different attitude from the Lions with a new coach and his assistants who have vast State League experience (weren't they both assistants to John Blair and fresh from a premiership). Lions won't want to be outdone by GCS and if seniors finish with wooden-spoon may strive even harder to save face.

Broadbeach is a huge unknown !
Don't know how Mt Gravatt will fit all their stars in such small rooms !!

didn't think there was much below Aspley last year !

Maggies are in Pineapple Cup and you may find a different attitude from the Lions with a new coach and his assistants who have vast State League experience (weren't they both assistants to John Blair and fresh from a premiership). Lions won't want to be outdone by GCS and if seniors finish with wooden-spoon may strive even harder to save face.

Broadbeach is a huge unknown !
Don't know how Mt Gravatt will fit all their stars in such small rooms !!

yes they seem to start off well every year and fall apart come the end of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back