NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Results tipping Rnd 3 NEAFL Northern Conf.

Footfanatic1 4 (12)
maurie 3 (11)
staminade 4 (11)
Lifes a Beach 3 (11)
stuyd 2 (10)
pointer 3 (10)
damochandler 3 (10)
2010premier 4 (10)
thunderdoc 3 (9)
Morphous 3 (9)
chikka ferguson 3 (8)
Speedyunit 2 (7)
BigE 3 (7)
Dr Nogood 4 (7)

Morphous penalised you the Suns game as it had almost finished when you put the tips in, gave you the benefit of the doubt on the 1pm start game.But from now on, if not in by the start of the first game a 2 will be awarded.

I see that the Lions have a weekly NEAFL wrap segment, so looks like you will get the Suns and Lions show weekly, I know the rest of the family have lost interest in the Foxtel show,would say if we don't get any significant state league content sadly I will probably follow them.

if so probably more a reflection of fickle coast supporters who wont travel to brisbane to follow their sides. Also 1st game and closeness of suburbs helped, no love lost between Grange and Sandgate. Saw Broadbeach vs Thunder and crowd there a bit ordinary for top of table clash.

Was at Broady for both games and agree crowd disappointing.Notice the ficlke Aspley supporters failed to travel also.
Thunder are the real deal and with 3 games remaining involving travel to Brisbane,top 3 spot beckons and home finals assured.
Broady have no depth and with a couple of injuries will fall back to the field.Their reserves have lost last 2 by 80 plus.Stop Zorko and Eagle and they no good.Hooper swallowed a horse.
Heard Sharks only won as Labrador under strength.
Panthers struggling or are they fit?

I see that the Lions have a weekly NEAFL wrap segment, so looks like you will get the Suns and Lions show weekly, I know the rest of the family have lost interest in the Foxtel show,would say if we don't get any significant state league content sadly I will probably follow them.

What day and time is this show?

Was at Broady for both games and agree crowd disappointing.Notice the ficlke Aspley supporters failed to travel also.
Thunder are the real deal and with 3 games remaining involving travel to Brisbane,top 3 spot beckons and home finals assured.
Broady have no depth and with a couple of injuries will fall back to the field.Their reserves have lost last 2 by 80 plus.Stop Zorko and Eagle and they no good.Hooper swallowed a horse.
Heard Sharks only won as Labrador under strength.
Panthers struggling or are they fit?

Yeah, not sure what is going on at Aspley, but something is amiss if 2's dont go and support . Anyhow Thunder do alright with the draw don't they, outright flag favorites at this early stage.

i don't see the point in having the show any more. they barely show any highlight of any games and they spend most of the time pumping up the lions and suns. the main tv networks show plenty of content of lions and suns involvements in the community. just stick to showing highlights of the games and a quarter from 2 games a weekend. without any commentators

if so probably more a reflection of fickle coast supporters who wont travel to brisbane to follow their sides. Also 1st game and closeness of suburbs helped, no love lost between Grange and Sandgate. Saw Broadbeach vs Thunder and crowd there a bit ordinary for top of table clash.

I thought the crowd was ok considering NT don't have many travelling followers and Lab/Spt was on as well as several PHC and junior games at the same time.

It is a shame that the suns reserves have about 3 followers, the under 12's get a bigger crowd!

So it looks like Northern conference is going to be a lot stronger than the eastern conference?

Were the cross conference games as one sided as the scores suggest?

Sydney Swans reserves may have something to say about that.GWS who knows.Eastlake were very impressive.Panthers kicked 5 points in a row before registering a goal.Kick strait and could have been more lopsided.
Great to see both times in the club afterwards haaving a beer.Top win by Panthers for Tangles 200th.

Sydney Swans reserves may have something to say about that.GWS who knows.Eastlake were very impressive.Panthers kicked 5 points in a row before registering a goal.Kick strait and could have been more lopsided.
Great to see both times in the club afterwards haaving a beer.Top win by Panthers for Tangles 200th.

They didn't the week before.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aspley arent just wasting 70k on Perko, they have a full time junior development employee who would be on the same money. 140k effectively down the toilet to fly in blokes from country Victoria for a year and then leave.

Absolute waste of money.

Aspley arent just wasting 70k on Perko, they have a full time junior development employee who would be on the same money. 140k effectively down the toilet to fly in blokes from country Victoria for a year and then leave.

Absolute waste of money.

You're way off the mark in every respect HiB. Funny how posting something supposedly makes it fact?? Your post doesn't deserve further comment.

does anyone know where they are going to play the grand final for the northern conference. i hope they don't play it either carara or the gabba

I'm fairly certain they haven't announced the venue yet. I know last year the GF venue wasn't announced until very late - I remember Marty King saying mid-season that they may play it on the Gold Coast if two GC teams were involved. At that stage I think Lab and S'port were sitting 1 and 2. It seems to suggest that they do leave their options option on the GF venue. My money would be on Coorparoo or Yeronga (how are the ground preps going there?)

You're way off the mark in every respect HiB. Funny how posting something supposedly makes it fact?? Your post doesn't deserve further comment.

So Perko and Les are working for for free and you arent just pissing money up against the wall for no results.

I'm fairly certain they haven't announced the venue yet. I know last year the GF venue wasn't announced until very late - I remember Marty King saying mid-season that they may play it on the Gold Coast if two GC teams were involved. At that stage I think Lab and S'port were sitting 1 and 2. It seems to suggest that they do leave their options option on the GF venue. My money would be on Coorparoo or Yeronga (how are the ground preps going there?)

play it in Darwin. get decent crowd if the NT are playing. :p

Carrara would be about right, not so big that the crowd would get lost but with fantastic facilities for everyone involved.

Carrara would be about right, not so big that the crowd would get lost but with fantastic facilities for everyone involved.

Agree about the fantastic facilities, but the crowd would get lost. Far to big a facility for a crowd of 5000 absolute maximium. Much better at a surburban ground that creates an atmosphere. Grange was a great choice for PHC GF last year, admittedly didnt go to State league at Cooparoo so cant comment.

it's still a 27k seat stadium and they would more than likely put them in one small area of the stadium like they did when they last played the grand final at the gabba. suburban grounds are perfect for this leagues grand final. i don't know why they keep looking at the big stadiums to use as for the grand final venues. it's not as if they would fill them

I would suggest ONLY because the corporate facilities are far better at these sort of ovals but as far as the other 99% of the crowd and especially the players, a suburban ground is 1000x better. Hopefully commonsense wins and it is a suburban ground. The AFLQ have a habit of making strange logistic decisions when it comes to finals though. Reckon Yeronga would be great though if back to its normal state.

Looks like the Mods have provided a NEAFL Board Guys. It's still a virgin at this point though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back