10k Posts
Apr 27, 2005
8th place
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Ham, Tony Pulis hat
Yes, even worse then Connolly

WTF was he doing today, playing 3 ruckmen, White is the fittest ruckmen around why the hell does he need 2 backups. Its not like either have ever provided anything up forward

Playing Miller down back, he is clearly a forward and it really hurt them cos Neitz cudnt stay closer to goal. It was quite clear they were struggling at CHF and at half time instead of makin the move he puts Miller onto a midfielder in Koutafides, Stupidity.

He let Lappin and Whitnall do as they pleased and played players like Nathan Brown out of position just so he could play Yze out of position in defence (which he sucks at).

So many mistakes I could go all day, should get the sack by Round 8 IMO, im surprised he has lasted this long.

Miller is heaps better down back, because he cannot take contested marks or kick goals. Things that forwards need to do.

oooze said:
Miller is heaps better down back, because he cannot take contested marks or kick goals. Things that forwards need to do.

Wrong. Miller is our go to man when we are heading forward. Tonday we kept chipping around the wing then kick to no-one because there was a big hole where Miller should be.

I agree, Daniher is the worst coach in the league. Sack him now, why wait til Round 8? He's had 8 years to get it right. Another few rounds wont change anything.

Being a Melbourne supporter, i couldnt agree more to be honest.

Sack him now!

Either that, or hopefully we dont make the finals this season so that his contract ends, setting us up for future years

Im sick of the Melbourne Boards acceptance of such medicore results over the past years. They need to make a stand now!

oooze said:
You are an idiot. I normally try not making blanket statements like that but you're an exception. We CLEARLY missed anyone leading out from half forward today. There was no structure going into the forward line. It was just kick it and hope that Neitz will scream 'YAAAABLETT' and fly above 4 defenders to take the mark and kick the goal. Guess what? It didn't work in the 1st quarter, it didn't work in the 2nd quarter, it didn't work in the 3rd quarter, but WHAT THE HELL, we'll try it in the final quarter. Uh oh. Someone made a mistake...

Not the worse coach, just too damn nice.

He has his favourites, and if you've seen Melbourne games you probably picked up who they are. I wouldn't be terrified playing under him, and he clearly gets zero respect from our players.

Should be moved to list management.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AllStar7 said:
Not the worse coach, just too damn nice.

He has his favourites, and if you've seen Melbourne games you probably picked up who they are. I wouldn't be terrified playing under him, and he clearly gets zero respect from our players.

Should be moved to list management.

If I blinked at the bit where you mention "Melbourne", I could swear you're talking about Connolly.

Thrawn said:
Then Melbourne win next week and everything's fine again?

FFS, it's round 1. Settle down.
I don't think it's quite that simple, it's at a point where Melbourne supporters are hoping we don't get on a 5-6 game winning streak because we might consider giving him a new contract if we do.

He's been bagged for the same things during half his years as coach, but has always managed a shock finals campaign to get a new contract and have board support. This time should be the end of him, no matter if we make the top 4 or top 8 this year.

ImperialPurple said:
If I blinked at the bit where you mention "Melbourne", I could swear you're talking about Connolly.

There really isn't much difference between the two teams. Both have decent lists, who fail to come together.

Mental toughness is an issue, as is the ability to play well when the pressure is on. Your coach scratches his head in the box, ours drinks water to hide the fact that he has absolutely no idea what he's doing. Just watch him strangle that water bottle next week.

I wish he would get angry, and not just in the comfort of his box. I want him to be angry enough to drop players who are not putting their bodies on their line, even if they are household names.
If the coach has no balls, why should the team put theirs on the line for him?

Perhaps the silver lining to all this terrible waste, is that someone at the club might finally wake up and get rid of him... or give him some angry pills or something! ;)

Not the worst coach but it was one of the worst coaching perfomances I have ever sean. Total inability to adapt to the opposition, Pagan dictated to him all night.

Our midfield coach needs to be shot while we are at it, we were absolutly smashed out of the middle.

Thrawn said:
Then Melbourne win next week and everything's fine again?

FFS, it's round 1. Settle down.

When you loes to Carlton round 1, it cant get any worse. Only better.:D

Still I would have Chris Jhonson, Bate and Nathan Jones in the side from round 1. Better than Motlop, Picket and Ward.

At least Nicholson has height which is really all they needed.

My North said:
I heard that Neal Daniher is something like the longest coach not win a premership, dont know if true or not

I believe Gary Ayres holds the all-time title (9 1/2 years as coach at Geelong/Adelaide without a flag).

Daniher may well be the longest serving coach never to have won a flag (as coach) of those currently holding senior AFL coaching positions.

For mine Daniher is starting to look like wallace did in his last few years at the dogs. Comes up with Plan A - when it works the dee's look unstoppable, when it doesnt he has no where to go. Sticks with Plan A as has no Plan B and the boys end up getting out played because he has been out coached.

It cant all come down to the coach. Any member of the selection committee that honestly thought taking White, Jamar and Johnson into the game should quietly be packing up their things and leaving MFC for good.

All that out the way Plan A always manages to sink the Doggies

If you sack him, Now? Round 8? End of year? Who the hell replaces him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Neale Daniher is the worst coach in the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back