austinthedog

Senior List
Jul 5, 2005
up north
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
bombers
Whats the go with the emergence of neck tattoos amongst some of the young players?

I'm not against a tattoo or two, in fact i have plenty. Just makes you wonder what thought they put into 20 years down the track when footy is long gone, fashoni has changed and you have a stupid design sitting on the side of your neck. cant really hide it unless you take to wearing a scarf or fat mat preston style cravat.

Pardon my ignorance but Dustin Martin and ....?

I honestly can't think of another one off the top of my head. Will no doubt be proven wrong in 3..2..1

519388.jpg

Brad Dick

brad dick, troy taylor the young bloke from richmond who is a bit of a jail bird.

seems to be the young blokes just starting out in the game. what happens in a few years time when an injury ends your career, you have no education and you need a job. i know discrimination is illegal, but if a bloke walked into my company with a neck tattoo and wanted a job he would be kidding himself. just screams trailer park trash to me.

if a bloke walked into my company with a neck tattoo and wanted a job he would be kidding himself.

Rightly so. You want your staff members to have the ability to make better decisions than "Gee, I think it will be cool to get a whole lot of needles in my neck and make myself look ridiculous".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tattoos in general are going through an in phase. Soon everyone will have one and it will be cool not to have any.

Funny enough you mention the work thing though. We recently employed a guy at our work that has neck tattoos and a tear drop tattooed under the end of his eye. He works with customers too.

Make a comment against tattoo's and people with them get defensive. The funny thing with them being 'in' at the moment, is that when they are out of fashion again, people have all this permanent ink on their body. What a great idea! Would be interesting to ask all the people who have/are getting tattoos at the moment, and ask what they think of them in 10-20 years when they have kids, become grandparents etc.

Make a comment against tattoo's and people with them get defensive. The funny thing with them being 'in' at the moment, is that when they are out of fashion again, people have all this permanent ink on their body. What a great idea! Would be interesting to ask all the people who have/are getting tattoos at the moment, and ask what they think of them in 10-20 years when they have kids, become grandparents etc.

thats the point, you see blokes getting around with the old anchor tatts on the forearm, and they just look bad after 50 or so years since they got them in the navy. getting one on the arms isnt so bad as you can cover it up if you want. the neck is a different story, just seems a silly choice to make by these young blokes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Neck Tattoos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back