Player Watch Ned Long

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree on the Pendles front - he might play Noble's role.

We couldn't handle the strength of Stringer when he went to clearance last time. That might be where Long steps in.
Stringer did well that game but it was a really odd game in the centre bounces.

They were hanging off Jordy (who wasn't right) as he was our hit to target and it seemed like the ball would then just bobble out to Stringer, who was keeping his feet, who then banged it out of the middle.

I’m really pleased the Pies have picked up Longy and are now playing him in the ones. It was disappointing for me to see the Hawks not give him another year. The emergence of Conner Nash as the Hawk’s big bodied mid and the arrival of Newcombe probably pushed him out the door.

In his draft year he ran a 6.05s 2km time trial which is top tear. He will run all day. He lacks speed but his shear size and stamina makes him a tackling machine. I hope he gets a full game with plenty of centre bounce attendance so that he can show his full talents (something he did not get at the Hawks).

I’m looking forward to Ned putting the * to the sword tomorrow night.

NED … SMASH!

1720091938439.gif

Last edited:

I’m really pleased the Pies have picked up Longy and are now playing him in the ones. It was disappointing for me to see the Hawks not give him another year. The emergence of Conner Nash as the Hawk’s big bodied mid and the arrival of Newcombe probably pushed him out the door.

In his draft year he ran a 6.05s 2km time trial which is top tear. He will run all day. He lacks speed but his shear size and stamina makes him a tackling machine. I hope he gets a full game with plenty of centre bounce attendance so that he can show his full talents (something he did not get at the Hawks).

I’m looking forward to Ned putting the * to the sword tomorrow night.

NED … SMASH!

View attachment 2038663
Ned Smash! I Love it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He said he has never played a night game before when at the hawks. I doubt he has played in front of 90k either.. and looks like, he has never played in a winning side either. All his games were losses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
He said he has never played a night game before when at the hawks. I doubt he has played in front of 90k either.. and looks like, he has never played in a winning side either. All his games were losses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All good signs for tonight then. Night game ✔️ Big crowd ✔️ Win ✔️ 🙏

I’m not wishing him luck, he’s done the work, it’s on him, enjoy running out in the Black & White in front of a massive crowd.

No one can take that away from you. Let’s hope you earn many more.

Mid-Season Draft been a huge success story. I know not every player is a hit through there , but its really added another nice pathway to the AFL. Some ripper stories coming from it
Hopefully he has a career like noble has to date. Our next success story.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back