Need Advice re: Quote for Work on Car

Remove this Banner Ad

Everone with expensive to fix cars should buy a toyota.

I got mine (celica) three years ago for $3500, and haven't had to spend a cent in repairs on it since, and I've done about 10,000 K in it.

These 'electronic' cars they have thesedays are awful, money pits with buttons that make windows go up automatically and flashing lights to tell you your seltbelt isnt on. CRAZY!

Two of my uncles are auto electricians and they couldn't agree with you more!

Everone with expensive to fix cars should buy a toyota.

I got mine (celica) three years ago for $3500, and haven't had to spend a cent in repairs on it since, and I've done about 10,000 K in it.

These 'electronic' cars they have thesedays are awful, money pits with buttons that make windows go up automatically and flashing lights to tell you your seltbelt isnt on. CRAZY!

my car is a lancer. i had never had any problems with it up until mid last year, but i managed to crash it pretty badly and since the repairs it's never been the same. i dont think it matters what car it is, they dont like being crashed :p

Anyone know how much a new windscreen cost, mine has a crack in it that has been growing for the last 6 months, i am looking for the cheapest one possible because my car doesn't venture more than 5kms from where i live.

Anyone know how much a new windscreen cost, mine has a crack in it that has been growing for the last 6 months, i am looking for the cheapest one possible because my car doesn't venture more than 5kms from where i live.
Check your insurance policy. Sometimes one free windscreen is included or maybe that's with a RACQ membership. Anyway, it's worth making the call.

Hey MacMum, I drive around in a 2005 astra. Unfortunately the only bad thing about an astra is that they need to replace the timing belt after 60K. This is a big job on the astra because the have to take the entire engine out to replace it.

From memory though it only cost me about $500 when I had mine done. Either way, it's not pretty on the pocket...
I used to have a 99 Astra. The timing belt service on mine was at 120 000 km. Mine let go at 110 000, $4000 later it was back on the road:mad:. I was all ready to get it serviced before it happened, from memory the qoute i had was about $600 from Goodyear.

I also had a problem with the indicator stalk, when the lights were on the high beams would flash on and off randomly, so annoying.

Boy was i glad to get rid of that car.

Hopefully yours is better on the hip pocket than mine was MacMum. Good luck with it:thumbsu:

Thanks AA......I don't love this car like I should.....its the first small car I've had.....Have always had the bigger Fords (or in earlier years, Valiants...now there was a car!!)..but I digress..

I bought the Astra new, so far it has been good mechanically, am hoping it stays that way......I just don't feel comfortable in it, even after all this time..I miss the bigger car..

I thought it was time to downsize:(

Thanks AA......I don't love this car like I should.....its the first small car I've had.....Have always had the bigger Fords (or in earlier years, Valiants...now there was a car!!)..but I digress..

I bought the Astra new, so far it has been good mechanically, am hoping it stays that way......I just don't feel comfortable in it, even after all this time..I miss the bigger car..

I thought it was time to downsize:(

You have sold out Macca. My father bought a Valiant back in 74. He is still driving it around today.

Oh, I envy Mr. Weevs Snr!!.......We had numerous Valiants, and they just kept on keeping on, as the saying goes!...The body got rusty on a few of them, but the motor never stopped....My personal favorite was our new Hemi 500.....I felt a million dollars driving that one:D....Ahh, the memories!:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Need Advice re: Quote for Work on Car

Remove this Banner Ad

Back