TheGoldenBoy

Debutant
Aug 23, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Boston Celtics
I have noticed a lot since Saturday Night that their has been plenty of negativity on the forum knowing we are coming up against a red hot Carlton side.

Odds are against us, yes. Odds have been against many of times and we've come up trumps and taken home the 4 points. More often than not, against Carlton.

Now I'm not saying we are going to win, I'm not saying we're going to lose. Score starts 0-0 and on any given day, anyone could beat anyone. We proved this with plenty of injuries against Geelong last year.

We haven't played our best football in the first 3 rounds but still sit undefeated, and it's only a matter of time before we click and play a full 4 quarter game and who knows it could come this weekend.

We go in as underdogs. I won't say we have nothing to lose, because we have a game to lose but all the pressure is now on Carlton to deliver.

So what are you trying to say?? Keep our negative comments to ourselves and post positive thoughts ?

Frankly, its a forum and you can post anything you like. As long as its constructive. You need a balance in life.

So what are you trying to say?? Keep our negative comments to ourselves and post positive thoughts ?

Frankly, its a forum and you can post anything you like. As long as its constructive. You need a balance in life.

Not saying that at all mate, what I'm saying is that anything can happen and we can't just assume that a loss is in the bag for next week,,

I think he's saying that **** Carlton and **** accepting they're ever better than us.

Guess everyone is so used to being underdogs from the past 8 or so years. We aren't known to be cocky fans. I'm confident we have what it takes to beat Carlton. I think this is the game we start to play better footy and a win over the tankers will get the sack ratten bandwagon rolling again.

Ryder to dominate kruezer
Hibberd to towel up betts
Like wise Dempsey on garlett
Crameri and Hurley to kick a bag each
And hopefully zaka and melksham step up and respond from last week ends poor performance

We havent played near our best yet, and I wasn't happy with our performance Saturday night., Then while watching the North game one of the commentators mentioned how he thought it looked like the Kangas had really set themselves for the game against the cats. That got me thinking that our players may have been setting themselves for this week and ANZAC day, So hopefully it all comes together this week.

I think people are just a little annoyed that in the first 3 weeks we have played like a side that will finish no better then we did in 2011.

Everyone wants to see some improvement.

I think people are just a little annoyed that in the first 3 weeks we have played like a side that will finish no better then we did in 2011.

Everyone wants to see some improvement.

The improvement is, that in the past we would have dropped all three games. We are beating poorer sides despite not playing our best - thats a good thing.

As for the Carlton game, they should win, they are playing better at the moment.

Doesn't mean I'm giving up, I hope we smash the ****ing scummy **** smears.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you can't go into a game against these scumbags with blind optimism, what's the ****ing point?

can't we leave the blind optimism to Richmond? surely we've got a little more class than that.

the thing is, it's not negativity, it's called being realistic. since when is that a bad thing. I'll be there on Saturday as a member cheering the red & black on, but what's wrong with being honest on an internet forum?

Wrong thread Phone?
No that post was about my own personal preference of being level headed and not needlessly one eyed and verging on parody, which is related to the feelings of negativity going around this board.

I think given how we've performed so far, and our last few outings against Carlton, it's perfectly valid to be feeling negative. It doesn't concern me that people are feeling that way. There's a bit of hyperbole going around about just how bad it might be, but on the whole I don't really think the amount of negativity going around is really that bad.

We've been pretty underwhelming so far with our lapses in games, but I'd rather be underwhelmed at 3-0 than 0-3. And would much rather be playing average winning football now with a significant injury list than later in the season.

If we put the wins in the bank now it will make things easier later on. So far so good.

I know I am excited about the Carlton game and will be heading to the MCG on Saturday knowing that the result is never decided before the bounce and that the Bombers can win - just what I believe every game I watch or attend.

I know our performance against the GC was less than impressive but lets not forget that the game was played at an interstate venue we have never played at and in wet and humid conditions that the suns clearly handled better than us.

Anyway it's a new game this Saturday and let the football do the talking:thumbsu:

We aren't known to be cocky fans.

Pretty sure we are universally regarded as the most cocky, arrogant supporters out there. :confused::confused:

Hopefully there is some sneaky editing to the 3-0 thread come Saturday Night...

Nah man. If we win this week there has to be a "Are Essendon the worst 4-0 team in history", thread on the main board. :cool:

Nah man. If we win this week there has to be a "Are Essendon the worst 4-0 team in history", thread on the main board. :cool:

Imagine the complete uproar if we were 0-3 and the constant stream of threads surrounding us then... or even if we were 2-1 and had we lost to the Gold Coast, we'd be copping it everywhere.

So we're 3-0... they have nothing else to resort to so a "Are Essendon the worst 3-0 team in history?" kicks off. And from a Dogs fan as well not even half an hour after his own team were smashed by 10 goals.

Despite the fact we're universally predicted by the neutrals (and Carlton fans) to lose very easily to a team allegedly in the "hottest form ever" this coming Saturday, we'll still be labelled "Pretenders" , "Rabble" , "Shit" etc if we lose. Ah well - stuff em'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Negativity

Remove this Banner Ad

Back