Cars & Transportation Neutral or Downshift

Remove this Banner Ad

Neutral is better for the car. It is not good to constantly use the gears to break, especially over a long distance. As long as you can rev match to the correct gear it shouldn't cause any problems though. It is safer to have the car in gear, it just depends on the situation and what is around you. Who the **** downshifts to 1st? That is over the top.

I don't stop for red lights. I have a flying car.

Last night i was walking across Johnson st fitzroy during peak hour and this bamboozled asian drove through a red traffic light across brunswick st. He wasn't being a rebel just completely incompetent.

It was so funny, no-one beeped or yelled, everyon was in a bit of "wtf" shock.

enjoy those long waits in traffic

MrDog

Point taken but i avoid traffic period. I rarely drive anywhere unless i'm going on a road trip.

Traffic sucks regardless of whether you're driving manual or auto. I literally cannot stand traffic, hence i don't drive. I'll ride or walk - transport failing that.

do you want more wear and tear on your break pads or engine?

i just go clutch in when the car starts slowing down, then straight to 1st when i've come to a stop ready to go when the lights change

I coast from about 500m away and I only downshift if I know the lights are about to go green or traffic ahead will start to move. I don't like putting the car in gear when I have to wait and I will only do it about 5 seconds before the lights go green or the cars ahead start moving.

Downshift.

I have a drivers licence.

What he said. If you coast in netral you should never have got a driver's license in the first place.

In theory, your gear ratios control the speed of your car.

Best practise the downshift girls in case your breaks ever fail.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What he said. If you coast in netral you should never have got a driver's license in the first place.

In theory, your gear ratios control the speed of your car.

Best practise the downshift girls in case your breaks ever fail.

I have a mate who slips it into neutral driving downhill etc. its fair to say he shouldn't have his licence :D

....you get caught at red lights?

(yep, I'm one of those ...... people who coast from intersection to intersection so the lights go green 'just' as I arrive)

So much fun to have some idiot in his high-powered deathmobile scream away from the line (while you cruise off gently), only to slam on the brakes at the next intersection - which of course you roll through at 40kph, the lights changing a car-length or so before you arrive....at which time he starts mouthing obscenities whilst flooring it again....doing 80-odd to catch up before (again) having to slam on the brakes.

There's one stretch of road (for Northern Tassie people, Wellington Street), with about 8 sets of lights. I had the same guy get caught on EVERY SINGLE ONE of them. Eventually he decided to run the next light, going through the red at about 90kph.

I had a little smile to myself as the police car pulled around the corner to follow him.

....you get caught at red lights?

(yep, I'm one of those ...... people who coast from intersection to intersection so the lights go green 'just' as I arrive)

So much fun to have some idiot in his high-powered deathmobile scream away from the line (while you cruise off gently), only to slam on the brakes at the next intersection - which of course you roll through at 40kph, the lights changing a car-length or so before you arrive....at which time he starts mouthing obscenities whilst flooring it again....doing 80-odd to catch up before (again) having to slam on the brakes.

There's one stretch of road (for Northern Tassie people, Wellington Street), with about 8 sets of lights. I had the same guy get caught on EVERY SINGLE ONE of them. Eventually he decided to run the next light, going through the red at about 90kph.

I had a little smile to myself as the police car pulled around the corner to follow him.

208471668_b0631541fe.jpg

We have the luxury car thread in which a lot of people think that those with luxury cars have penis envy syndrome, when the reality is that these people simply want to buy something nice with the money that they earn and those making such remarks are likely to have some form of underlying jealousy. I won't deny that some rich people love to make themselves known, but to apply such a stereotype to the whole is an indication of the aforementioned jealousy.

The real people with penis envy syndrome are those that drive in the manner described in your post. They have achieved nothing in life of significance, a waste of space to the world if you will, and so the only way they can make themselves feel of importance is by thinking that by driving in this manner, all the other cars are looking at and admiring them (see a couple of posts in this thread), when the reality is that just about everyone else can see how small their dick is and how this is the highlight of their pitiful lives :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Cars & Transportation Neutral or Downshift

Remove this Banner Ad

Back