New AFL Video Game - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 8 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New AFL Video Game - Part 8 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

The PC version will arrive some time after the console versions - please don't complain about this - if I were the publisher I would do the same due to piracy on the PC eating into the console sales.
You may not know the answer to this but do you think the game will only be available in retail copies or over digital distribution sites like Steam, Impulse, GamersGate etc.

I would think that would be their best option. From memory, a far bigger cut ends up in the developers pockets than would do through traditional channels. Though their publishing agreement might forbid it.

Digital distrubution is how I buy 90% of my games these days anyway.

that Ben Hudson comparison was goodas
Everything was perfect - even the cheekbones! I must admit that pic of hudson is better than the faces in FIFA, NBA2k+LIVE/ELITE and MADDEN's

Bigant should be proud of themsleves

also.....

it would be appreciated if we can help our fellow Australians
http://www.qld.gov.au/floods/donate.html
PLEASE DONATE

I must admit that pic of hudson is better than the faces in

FIFA - Agree
MADDEN's - Possibly
NBA LIVE/ELITE - Pushing it now
NBA2k - Strongly Disagree

NBA2k11's faces are simply amazing - as is the game.

In saying that, I'm still really impressed by the faces so far in this AFL game.

images
images

Bigant you guys have than a great job- the pics from NBA 2k11 and FIFA 11 are not accurate of their realife counterparts (I know because I'm a massive follower of the NBA and have these games aswell)

You guys have put a lot of work and it has paid off:D

also.........

PLEASE DONATE

Seriously I think Bigants faces are better and more accurate to their realife counterparts- I hate playing 2k11 and seeing that lebron and wade's faces are off + Dirk's one looks weird and kobe looks like an alien.

also.......

PLEASE DONATE

hey ross, will the grass in the AFL game be similar to FIFA's and MADDEN's because the one thing i noticed is in the pics the grass behind the FIFA players does look a bit player and the lighting is better

also......

PLEASE DONATE

Bigant has done a great job on the player faces. That Hudson pic stands up pretty well against those big American titles. :thumbsu:

Is there anyway you can try and slow down or prevent piracy issues to do with the pc version being distributed on websites ie as torrents and on torrent websites ?

There is a game i brought called sniper ghost and it requires you to install the game on your computer and once you have done that you have to have an active internet connection.

And then you have to connect the program to the internet which then uses the internet to generate a random key-gen.

Thus it somewhat slows down the issue of piracy with the game though im sure there are people who know ways around this problem.
The problem being that PC gamers HATE DRM being enforced on their games as it forces them to have that constant internet connection when a game might not even be internet compatible (see the Assassin's Creed furor).

The best way to slow or stop piracy is to either not bring the game out on PC or just bring it out at a stage when console has taken those potential PC pirated sales and it'll just be the hardcore fanatics that get it on PC.

It's gonna suck balls for PC gamers, but that's the nature of the platform and piracy. They're not going to be able to stop it, but since the game is so small with such a small margin for profit they need to do all they can to slow it up.
that Ben Hudson comparison was goodas
Everything was perfect - even the cheekbones! I must admit that pic of hudson is better than the faces in FIFA, NBA2k+LIVE/ELITE and MADDEN's

Bigant should be proud of themsleves
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

why nooooooooooo?
Because while the faces look good, they're not even close to the detail of some of those games mentioned. NBA Elite is a tough ask to have a go at considering it never released, so I'll let that one slide through.

I do feel that a lot of people have a blind bias. There is NO DOUBT that the players look great, but they haven't reached the heights of some of those other games just yet.
Open your eyes HBK. ;)
I was reading a few back pages for 30 friggen minutes!!:eek:

I hate playing 2k11 and seeing that lebron and wade's faces are off + Dirk's one looks weird and kobe looks like an alien

The fact you haven't even played or seen any footage of the AFL game yet and the fact that your even comparing one of the most successful sports game companies in the world who have thousands of employees and spend millions of dollars on their games to a little known Aussie company with around 70 employees who are having their first crack at an AFL game with a significantly smaller budget, is unbelievable.

Excellent effort from BAS, no doubt, but 2k11 is on another level.

(Oh, and I know because I'm a massive follower of the NBA and have these games aswell ;))

With regards to character likeness we're not there yet but we're also not that far away. There are a few little things that we don't have in the characters that would make them a lot better, the key is we know what those things are and what we need to do to get there.

The funny thing is that I never see the characters up close except in replays - I always have the camera at MCG Southern Stand mid-level distance, and I think everyone else will too - so we've probably gone a bit over the top with the characters anyway.

PS: I should add that we are comparing very small avatars vs hi-res grabs, the orginal I sent Ant has a lot more detail.

The problem being that PC gamers HATE DRM being enforced on their games as it forces them to have that constant internet connection when a game might not even be internet compatible (see the Assassin's Creed furor).

The best way to slow or stop piracy is to either not bring the game out on PC or just bring it out at a stage when console has taken those potential PC pirated sales and it'll just be the hardcore fanatics that get it on PC.

It's gonna suck balls for PC gamers, but that's the nature of the platform and piracy. They're not going to be able to stop it, but since the game is so small with such a small margin for profit they need to do all they can to slow it up.

Well the 360 has around half the number of pirated copies when compared to PC and I can see PS3 catching up soon (not as bad as the other two but still being used to pirate games) with the newly hacked console allowing pirated games.

Ubi's DRM has changed, you don't need constant online connection. It just does an online check at the start of the game.

I'd be more worried PS3 getting hacked to the shit online like MW2 or COD4 than pirated copies on PC.

I'd be more worried PS3 getting hacked to the shit online like MW2 or COD4 than pirated copies on PC.

I asked about this earlier in the thread. Ross is confident they can overcome any online hacks.

PS: I should add that we are comparing very small avatars vs hi-res grabs, the orginal I sent Ant has a lot more detail.

I can upload the full size image on BF if you are ok with that.

Seriously I think Bigants faces are better and more accurate to their realife counterparts- I hate playing 2k11 and seeing that lebron and wade's faces are off + Dirk's one looks weird and kobe looks like an alien.

also.......

PLEASE DONATE
Mate, you don't have a clue, the NBA graphics are the best in gaming imo, look awesome, you can easily tell who all the players are, sometimes they might not be 100% correct, but it's as good as it gets.

Also on the FIFA ones, the A-League players don't look accurate, but I don't expect them to, very, very minor league, all the EPL players look accurate.

Well the 360 has around half the number of pirated copies when compared to PC and I can see PS3 catching up soon (not as bad as the other two but still being used to pirate games) with the newly hacked console allowing pirated games.
Half is still a lot of potential sales going missing (when we're talking 2 million units as half). I've had this convo in the PS3 hacked thread so no need to start it up again. But HES are just covering their bases with the most pirated system going around.
Ubi's DRM has changed, you don't need constant online connection. It just does an online check at the start of the game.

Eh, COD games are getting hacked because they're not secured properly. Everyone knows that COD was hacked mere days after the game was out on all platforms, sure the PS3 hacks allow 'easier' hacking, but if Treyarch and IW would secure their games properly it'd be FAR harder to hack into.

Ross has already been asked and answered the question that they will be limiting the possibilities for hacks and that is all you can ask.

Otherwise a griefing report system in place would be nice too. Can always catch the ***** and **** them off.
pretty accurate *note diff angles
With regards to character likeness we're not there yet but we're also not that far away. There are a few little things that we don't have in the characters that would make them a lot better, the key is we know what those things are and what we need to do to get there.

The funny thing is that I never see the characters up close except in replays - I always have the camera at MCG Southern Stand mid-level distance, and I think everyone else will too - so we've probably gone a bit over the top with the characters anyway.

You just heard it from BigAnt themselves...

I asked about this earlier in the thread. Ross is confident they can overcome any online hacks.

I can upload the full size image on BF if you are ok with that.

Sorry Ant, I couldn't authorise that without talking to HES and the AFL. It's enough if you were to agree that the image is a bit better.

With regards to character likeness we're not there yet but we're also not that far away.

Agree 100%.

BigAntStudios said:
There are a few little things that we don't have in the characters that would make them a lot better, the key is we know what those things are and what we need to do to get there.

Good stuff :thumbsu:

BigAntStudios said:

If it stops me wanting to skip replays (as it has in 2k11) then that's a good thing. Would rather you guys go over the top than not do things properly.

Also, all this talk of 2k11 has got me wondering, other than replays are there any short 'cut scenes' during a game. Like when the ball goes out of bounds or at stoppages does the camera ever cut to a close up of a player getting back into position and maybe show some of his stats.

I'm guessing it's a no for this game, but is it something you guys are considering for future iterations? Cheers Ross.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back