New AFL Video Game - Part 6 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question for Ross about tactics in game, in previous AFL games we were able to select only 3 different "standard" tactics for each forward 50, defensive 50, midfield (general play), centre bounces, defensive kick-ins and attacking kick-ins, for each we could only have an attacking, defensive or normal strategy.

How in depth will the tactics options be in the game, are we able to select different styles of play for each player, e.g. select a player to be one out in the goal square while the rest of the forwards push up to the midfield, select a forward who can float across half back to create a "free man" in defence etc.
What can we expect?

i have it on good authority, that it may be a possibility of it being released this year. It has been discussed that it is purely a business decision wether:
1: Releasing it before Christmas, to increase sales (november-December)
2: Waiting until next year before season starts.
I dont if Ross has mentioned this yet, because there is 6 fruting different treads for this game, and i haven't looked at every post !!!
If it was going to be released this year there would have to be some announcement soon, as there has to be enough time for the game to be manufactured by each game console (xbox, ps3). I think that they may be saying that they are going to release it next year, but really they have everything ready and are waiting before Christmas to bring it out. I am thinking that it would be great for it to be released before Christmas, but realistically it would be next year, because NRL got announced to be out a couple of weeks before it was out on shelf :) Still hope.
Please Comment Ross (if you can).

i have it on good authority, that it may be a possibility of it being released this year. It has been discussed that it is purely a business decision wether:
I dont if Ross has mentioned this yet, because there is 6 fruting different treads for this game, and i haven't looked at every post !!!
If it was going to be released this year there would have to be some announcement soon, as there has to be enough time for the game to be manufactured by each game console (xbox, ps3). I think that they may be saying that they are going to release it next year, but really they have everything ready and are waiting before Christmas to bring it out. I am thinking that it would be great for it to be released before Christmas, but realistically it would be next year, because NRL got announced to be out a couple of weeks before it was out on shelf :) Still hope.

Let me direct you to this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAntStudios
Timing is everything - the announcement was made while I was in the air from Tokyo - I was hoping to post it here before anywhere else got it.

From HES/Tru Blu (as in email posted above):

>>
AFL on Playstation 3, Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii will be released in the first half of 2011.

We are working hard to ensure we deliver the best possible AFL experience on console and we thank you for your continued support and patience.

It's possible that the Nintendo Wii version may come out slightly earlier.
>>

What looks like 2011 mate.

BTW everyone I'm currently planning on freezing myself in the coming months for this game, with inspiration from Eric Cartman. Hopefully Black Ops, NBA, Battlefield, RDR and FIFA will keep me busy until then ... Probably not.

What a terrible post. The game has already been confirmed for a 2011 due to Gold Coast coming into the competition. Don't lie about "good authority" because it's proven in your post that you have no idea about anything as it is.

RLL was still announced 2 months before release too btw.

He means signature animations similiar to what 2K has done with their NBA titles to differentiate players. eg kicking styles, running styles etc.

I don't expect these to be included in the first title but it might be possible further down the track.

This would be an awesome addition.

EA is only just doing this with FIFA. It would take more than a few titles for it to come on in AFL games IMO.

Is anyone else thinking of doing an Eric Cartman and freezing themselves intil this game comes out? As long as I don't have to put up with Collingwood players holding up the premiership cup in the intro i'll be happy.

As long as I don't have to put up with Collingwood players holding up the premiership cup in the intro i'll be happy.

Man, I didn't even think about that. I'd probably just skip the intro but it's a scary thought to have something like that etched into the game forever.

Is anyone else thinking of doing an Eric Cartman and freezing themselves intil this game comes out? As long as I don't have to put up with Collingwood players holding up the premiership cup in the intro i'll be happy.

Yeah it does seem quite a few months away but I've got Metallica coming up in Nov, 3 weeks of leave in Dec/Jan, then around the corner is Feb so it shouldn't take too long. Just want the press release now but Ashes 09 is keeping me entertained.

EA is only just doing this with FIFA. It would take more than a few titles for it to come on in AFL games IMO.

2K has been doing this since 07 and to a lesser extent EA with their NBA titles for the last couple of years so it's not exactly a new thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon the Monday after the NAB cup final would be a good release date

Nah, start of the NAB cup at the season launch.

The footys 'started' but its not very good football to watch (mostly), so we can always flick the game on while still getting pumped up for the season.

That'd do me.

I just played a game of AFL Premiership 2005 and there are some BIG lessons to learn from it.
-Don't make running through players possible (as in actually through the players boday)
-Award marks to the man in front, not the guy trailing behind attempting to spoil
-When the player presses the spoil button, he shouldn't mark it
-Tackling should not start 2 seconds after you press the tackle button
-You should have some controll over where handpasses go
-Ruck contests shouldn't always have someone easily getting the ball, running past everyone and kicking the ball to his full forward.

I don't know if they fixed these issues in 06 and 07 but from what I hear not much was changed. I hope Big ant don't have issues like this and if they do I hope they actually fix them after a few games. Not just update graphics and rosters.

they are playing this very smart getting all the hype up
i bet that there will be playable demos of the game during the NAB cup

in season mode... after a match, should cross to the players singing the song in the room lol

Second that one, if it isn't included in the first edition it is something i would like to see implemented in future versions, and i mean in-game footage of the players, not real life footage of the team singing the song.

i reckon a good release date for this is in the 4th or 5th week of the AFL season just because even is in full interest at the start of the season and its pretty much the time when country leagues begin there seasons and it will get all the attention from everyone at this time. besides finals, that time of the year is got the most interest of the season. Its just my opinion. Just bringing in too early in the season could lower sales as it comes out.

i reckon a good release date for this is in the 4th or 5th week of the AFL season just because even is in full interest at the start of the season and its pretty much the time when country leagues begin there seasons and it will get all the attention from everyone at this time. besides finals, that time of the year is got the most interest of the season. Its just my opinion. Just bringing in too early in the season could lower sales as it comes out.

I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion and we should have tolerance towards each opinion and crap, but seriously i feel that is a stupid comment, and the only reason i feel that way is because during and after the NAB Cup footy hype is as big as it is during finals in anticipation for the start of the season and it tends to die off after a few weeks with teams having bad starts and what have you.

Therefore i feel a release date at round 4 or 5 would not push as many sales as it would before the start of the season, before the start of a season every single football mad person out there is craving for round one to begin, best way to get a fix would be by this game being on the shelves final week of the NAB cup.

Just my opinion.

I would also like to add just quietly that i was one of those crying out for a 2010 release, but only because i want the game now, nothing to do with i think will be best for sales, (i couldn't care about the sales, just as long as i get my copy lol! :p)

they are playing this very smart getting all the hype up
i bet that there will be playable demos of the game during the NAB cup
I highly doubt there'll be a demo at all TBH.

I'm not too fond of a February- March release just because the player ratings will be wrong, someone like michael Barlow wouldve been rated really low yet in real life he is a gem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back