Amers

Club Legend
Jun 18, 2007
Too far from the 'G
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Liverpool
I've made no bones about the fact that I believe we need to overhaul the majority of our coaching department. Ratts, you're safe for now, but everyone else..........

Here is a good place to start,

Shane O'Bree, coming from the Pies he would have 1st hand knowledge of their highly esteemed development program. Start him off as an assistant development coach and see how he goes from there.

This is what Mick Malthouse says about him.
Coach Mick Malthouse said he had enjoyed being part of O'Bree's career.

"I have been very impressed with him as a bloke. I think he has a fantastic football brain and used every ounce of his energy and body to get the best out of himself," he told collingwoodfc.com.au.

"He had an appearance of a very quiet person but I can't remember the number of players who would come up to me after games or during training to tell me that Shane O'Bree's advice and encouragement was outstanding."
C'mon Blues, lets get some quality people in to help our players grow and develop.

Feel free to comment or add anyone else you think may be able to help our club move forward.

I think he'd go alright, I see no harm in giving him a go. He's been under Malthouse and collingwood and they seem to be doing things right so I'm sure he'd be able to bring things to the table.

What would be good, and I've said it before, would be to get Lloyd as a forward coach. Some of our young tall players, particluarly the forwards, players like Waite, Henderson, Bower, Jamison, Casboult, Kreuzer and the other Ruckmen could benefit from a tall mentor and a player who can teach them how to play as a tall key position player. Many of our talls don't know how to use their body and someone Like a Lloyd or Silvagni who did know how to use their body in key marking positions could benefit these players.

I recon Silvagni would be a decent get, spent time under a few coaches at successful clubs but word is he is not interested in coaching at the moment.

Brett Kirk/ Glen Archer - or similar. Highly respected players with a bit of shit in them. Ricciutto would be a great get!!

Leigh Tudor from the Saints.

Has coached under Bomber Thompson at the Cats for a number of years, before the Saints headhunted and poached him from there. Think he would be a great get as our midfield coach.

Although unfortunately I hear that he may be heading to the Swans next year as Longmire's Senior Assistant!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wish list ???

I would throw blank cheques at Kirk and Roos, as our midfield coach and player development/coaching manager positions respectively.

I think Kirk would teach the boys A LOT about heart and passion, and Roos is great for tactics and player development (I can't believe he gets as much out of his players as he does)

I also wouldn't mind Laidley if Roos was unavailable.

Montgomery - out
Lappin - out

Wouldn't mind Ricciuto Duck or Llyod as a forward coach

Arch, woewodin or sos as defensive

Carlton aren't in the good books with sos atm not sure if he will ever make a return :(

Matthew lappin was my favorite player but i don't think has what it takes to cut it as a coach. maybe he would be better suited at another club where he could learn more and i think we would benefit from having some new knowledgecoe in and help develop our young, important and upcoming fowradline.

Any ideas of who this could be?

Matthew lappin was my favorite player but i don't think has what it takes to cut it as a coach. maybe he would be better suited at another club where he could learn more and i think we would benefit from having some new knowledgecoe in and help develop our young, important and upcoming fowradline.

Any ideas of who this could be?

I think Lappin has done a fantastic job with the forward line this season. It was basically rebuilt from the ground up, overnight, using mostly kids (Garlett, Yarran, Robinson & Hendo) & yet we were able to kick enough winning scores to make the finals again.

If Lappin can get what he did out of such an inexperienced forward line, imagine what will be achieved in another couple of years' time when the above-named players have another 40-50 games under their belt.

Remove this Banner Ad

New assitant coaches - Wishlist

Remove this Banner Ad

Back