New computer troubles.

Remove this Banner Ad

JohnnoCairns

Senior List
Apr 26, 2004
Geraldton, WA
Other Teams
West Coast Eagles
I just recently bought a new computer.. with that computer i also bought the Warhammer game... Dawn Of War... however when i am "in game" it lags badly. I dont see lagging in the rendering tests either. Normally i would just reduce the detail or resolution etc so that the lagging would not continue but no matter what detail or resolution i have, i still experience lagging. My computer is far better then the dawn of War recommended specifications, all my hardware has the newest drivers so i am completely lost for words.

I have:
P4 3.0GHz processor
1Gb Ram
ATI Radeon 9800 PRO video card
Asus P4G8000 Deluxe Motherboard

Dawn of War recommended:
2.2GHz processor
512 MB system RAM
ATI Radeon 8500 or equivelant

Can Anyone Help?

If you bought the PC that had a ready made image on it, get rid of that for starters and install from scratch. Images from companies screw the PC big time. The Vid card aint that good but should do the job. Look at using different drivers instead of catalyst................NGO or others.

Cheers,

McBain

i installed the drivers for my motherboard (apparently i had different drivers installed in the first place)... the cd that came with the motherboard... now i cant even get into the game, it restarts my computer when i press play... so i uninstalled the game until i get all the updated drivers for everything. I tried searching for the Radeon and motherboard drivers to download but there are so many and im confused... i dont want to stuff anything up even further... Can anyone tell me the drivers to get for the Video card and the Motherboard?

Remove this Banner Ad

New computer troubles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back