News New Essendon Clash

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you telling me that this:

Richmond-2011.gif
and this
Adelaide-Heritage-2005.gif

Would honestly clash? Do you think Essendon's home and Gold Coast's home jumpers clash?
Some people would say they would because of the large area of yellow/gold on each of them. However, this is an exceptable clash uniform for the Crows when playing Richmond away. Thing three things you have to look at are, 1. Can someone watching the game see the difference between the two teams even, 2. Can the players tell the difference between players wearing the two different jumpers even with a quick glance, 3. The jumper will purchased by the public.

With the Essendon and Gold Coast home uniforms, it is enough of a clash to make Gold Coast wear their white uniform away against Essendon, but not enough to make Essendon wear a clash stripe away against Gold Coast.

The thing is, the Crows:
DO clash with Brisbane
DONT clash with Collingwood and Port.

And obviously we DO NOT clash with Western Bulldogs, lightish blue vs navy.

The thing is, the Crows:
DO clash with Brisbane
DONT clash with Collingwood and Port.
And obviously we DO NOT clash with Western Bulldogs, lightish blue vs navy.

Watch the showdown tomorrow, it's all a bit dark
Same happened with the Crows v Eagles NAB Cup final - Crows in all navy, Eagles in royal with white shorts, it was a bit close, bit dark.

No, I was referring to hitthepost saying that the Crows and Eagles/Port do clash. Which they don't, and considering the AFL allows both clubs to wear their home/non clash then obviously it's not the rules.

No, I was referring to hitthepost saying that the Crows and Eagles/Port do clash. Which they don't, and considering the AFL allows both clubs to wear their home/non clash then obviously it's not the rules.
IMO they do.
Navy and Royal are close shades - like Red and Maroon
Navy and Black are dark colours, which is why Collingwood wears clash away against Carlton and have done in the past against West Coast in Navy.
If St Kilda have to wear clash against Adelaide (all black back) why don't Port? How are those two different. TBH St Kilda has less black than Port do.

Watch the showdown tomorrow, it's all a bit dark
Same happened with the Crows v Eagles NAB Cup final - Crows in all navy, Eagles in royal with white shorts, it was a bit close, bit dark.
Crows away Showdown isn't awfully dark. You'd say Port are the more 'dark' side when it comes to home strips. They have all black socks, shorts, and their jumper only has a light chevron. The crows have socks and jumpers with a very large portion of colour. So when Port Adelaide host the Crows, there's no issue. But when it's a Crows game, the colour balance is a bit weird. However, it's very manageable and should only be altered if the clubs want to themselves.

I really don't think mostly black clashes with Adelaide, the hoops prevent that. Can you honestly tell me there was a clash today?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally the clash needs to be lighter, it works but does not improve the viewing quality from a distance enough for me.

Wether it's a good or bad looking jumper is up to Essendon supporters;)

Just glad though that Essendon have finally started to except the rules on clash jumpers.

Sounds like Tony Abbott and the carbon price.

Totally agree. Both ridiculous.

Not sure why Mero dislikes the Essendon clash so much. Especially when you compare it to Adelaide, Brisbane, Hawthorn, West Coast. I like it.

From the 5 minutes I saw, I thought the clash was avoided. And that was on Standard Definition. Plus the design is a lot classier than the cartoon animal designs.

Agreed on both counts. Looks much better with white shorts. A lot of the time when I've designed clash kits that are not white (gold Crows one etc) they've looked better with white shorts over coloured.

Ideally, I would like the clash to look like this:
263105.jpg

White shorts, and a black outline around the number

Perhaps black numbers with a white outline - that way it would be reverse of the home. Agree that the white shorts look much better.

Might be worth having a look at the socks to make them match up a bit better - perhaps not worth the cost though.

Essendon sold 800 of those jumpers through the club this week.
at about $55 markup from the wholesale price they boughut them, they're at $44k plus the $4 each they get from the AFL. That's $47k they got from releasing a Clash jumper.
Based on estimates, they will sell about 2,000 all up.
That's not counting another 500 that will get sold through AFL Stores.
So they'll make about $120k from releasing this jumper.
That's about $3 per member.

Remove this Banner Ad

News New Essendon Clash

Remove this Banner Ad

Back