Are you happy with Andrew McQualter?

• Yes

Votes: 119 78.8%
  • No

Votes: 32 21.2%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely King's health cannot have been a factor, all reports are that the collapse was nothing life threatening and the most likely cause was dehydration and/or fatigue.

I cannot imagine the selection panel thought "oh no he didn't drink enough water, he isn't head coach material."
If he gets dehydrated in Geelong how was he going to manage race day on Cottesloe beach this summer.

Wce_phil has created a little confusion which didn’t help and has resulted in people losing their minds because their own favourite hasn’t gotten the job.

Therefore there must be some other reason for that other than mcqualter being seen as a best candidate. "I need to be convinced that my personal opinion based on nothing is wrong, otherwise the club must be wrong!"

Very random choice, probably won't last trialling him for a few seasons. Would have preferred Simpson just to stay instead of giving someone an apprenticeship learning how to senior coach after their brief 2023 caretaker Richmond gig.
There are more coaches appointed as head coaches that have never been head coach. What should have club done, dusted off Malthouse?

Who would you have chosen?

Very random choice, probably won't last trialling him for a few seasons. Would have preferred Simpson just to stay instead of giving someone an apprenticeship learning how to senior coach after their brief 2023 caretaker Richmond gig.

he has been linked from day 1 and was in for Richmond and Carlton. hardly random mate, just because you are uninformed.

Wce_phil has created a little confusion which didn’t help and has resulted in people losing their minds because their own favourite hasn’t gotten the job.

Therefore there must be some other reason for that other than mcqualter being seen as a best candidate. "I need to be convinced that my personal opinion based on nothing is wrong, otherwise the club must be wrong!"
Who's loosing their mind?

How is it different as to when we appointed Simmo?
That was also a shot in the dark, although, it luckily really worked out that he fortunately had the skills to manage a club, but he also had the benefit the team wasn't bottoming out before his appointment, and most of the players had finals experience.

But Simpson vs McQualter in coaching, Simpson is objectively the better coach, so it's a downgrade. This is like an apprenticeship for McQualter, which doesn't benefit the team. It would have been better picking someone who had already managed an organization, similar to Fagan before he was senior coaching Brisbane.

That was also a shot in the dark, although, it luckily really worked out that he fortunately had the skills to manage a club, but he also had the benefit the team wasn't bottoming out before his appointment, and most of the players had finals experience.

But Simpson vs McQualter in coaching, Simpson is objectively the better coach, so it's a downgrade. This is like an apprenticeship for McQualter, which doesn't benefit the team. It would have been better picking someone who had already managed an organization, similar to Fagan before he was senior coaching Brisbane.
Like who?

He's been an assistant coach for 10 years. How is this an 'apprenticeship'?

Like all good shitposters, Phil is in the entertainment business. It doesn’t matter if his inside info is legit or completely made up, although I personally don’t recall seeing him reveal anything that wasn’t after the fact (eg: now that trade period is over, I can break my vow of silence and tell you we were up to our eyeballs in pursuing player X).

At the very least he’s committed to the bit, and it’s more entertaining than reading pages of trade radio-style list clogger debate

So we are all now getting ants in our pants because some guy, who wasn't part of the coaching selection panel, gives two, pretty suss, reasons as to why we pick the guy we did??

And y'all giving Scofield shit for making things up.

The only people who can say why we chose who we chose are those on the panel, and I doubt they are regular posters on BigFooty

The club wasn't bottoming out?

I see someone has erased the last couple of months of the 2013 season from their memory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find it extremely difficult to believe that we would make a coaching choice based what two midding players wanted. aFL isn’t the nba one player doesn’t change the fortunes of a team I’d argue in the history of Australian sports off the top of my head the only players that you would go to bat for ahead of a coach would be Bradman, Warnie, Matthews, Thurston to name a few but it’s a small list

We finished 13th in JW last yr.

Most senior coach appointments are assistant coaches mate, Simpson included...

Like all good shitposters, Phil is in the entertainment business. It doesn’t matter if his inside info is legit or completely made up, although I personally don’t recall seeing him reveal anything that wasn’t after the fact (eg: now that trade period is over, I can break my vow of silence and tell you we were up to our eyeballs in pursuing player X).

At the very least he’s committed to the bit, and it’s more entertaining than reading pages of trade radio-style list clogger debate

So we are all now getting ants in our pants because some guy, who wasn't part of the coaching selection panel, gives two, pretty suss, reasons as to why we pick the guy we did??

And y'all giving Scofield shit for making things up.

The only people who can say why we chose who we chose are those on the panel, and I doubt they are regular posters on BigFooty

Probably the 2 best back to back posts Ive ever read on here

Simpson is statistically the better coach, but not sure about objectively.

I mean, McQualter has won more games as a senior coach in the past 2 years than Simpson.

Plus you need to assess current vs dated game styles, etc etc.

Will mini be the next premiership coach with us? No idea. But he’s clearly the best candidate available in the opinion of the club, and has the opportunity to build some talented youth into top-tier AFL players.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I mean, McQualter has won more games as a senior coach in the past 2 years than Simpson.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

ashton kutcher burn GIF

I find it extremely difficult to believe that we would make a coaching choice based what two midding players wanted. aFL isn’t the nba one player doesn’t change the fortunes of a team I’d argue in the history of Australian sports off the top of my head the only players that you would go to bat for ahead of a coach would be Bradman, Warnie, Matthews, Thurston to name a few but it’s a small list

Any sporting organisation acting in this way is flushing their future down the toilet. If it has ever been done in the history of sport I highly doubt it came off the way they hoped it would.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach NEW HEAD COACH - Welcome to West Coast: Andrew McQualter

Back