Are you happy with Andrew McQualter?

• Yes

Votes: 127 79.4%
  • No

Votes: 33 20.6%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice to hear someone say it's a good club and a good gig to get. Realise it's very easy to say but the narrative of others ruling themselves out was getting old

Stuff like this always blew my mind throughout the year. There's only 18 positions available and one or two spots possibly open up every year. Assistant coaches from Victoria were passing this gig up like there are hundreds of spots open every other week.

Blew me away.

Stuff like this always blew my mind throughout the year. There's only 18 positions available and one or two spots possibly open up every year. Assistant coaches from Victoria were passing this gig up like there are hundreds of spots open every other week.

Blew me away.

Same here. They're just waiting for all those top 4 list gigs that pop up every year I guess...

Reckon you guys have done really well is very highly regarded , asst coach in three flags , credentials don’t get much higher . You’d hope he turns out like dimmas last two deputies in McRae and Kingsley . Was really close to the players , was in a racing syndicate at some point , good luck to him

The first played a very serious part. I do firmly believe even still it was a very close thing and McQualter was always at least second on the board of options.
Thoughts go out for King in that case. Hopefully he'll be able to get his health issues sorted and they won't affect his future too much.

Same here. They're just waiting for all those top 4 list gigs that pop up every year I guess...
That why you have to respect the guys that went through the process.

They aren't stupid, they all know where we are at ATM, but they obviously have the self belief that they are good enough at what they do to turn things around.

Blew me away.
It wasn't so much the Vic assistants, it was the ex Eagles WA boys passing it up.

Who knows if any were actually front runners for the job, or just the media assuming since they played for us.

It wasn't so much the Vic assistants, it was the ex Eagles WA boys passing it up.

Who knows if any were actually front runners for the job, or just the media assuming since they played for us.
Maybe it was orchestrated to dispel the Jobs for Boys perception

Really liked his answer to the question regarding appointing his assistant coaches.

Sounds like big changes in the coming days.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure why a few of you are melting, though I suspect you would be no matter who we picked. The club will have done their due diligence, Andrew will be more than McQualified.
Because they don't know that the perfect subway sandwich is fresh not toasted with empty cheese.

Wasn't there for any of the interviews.
Didn't hear or see what each candidates thoughts were on improving the team both short and long term.
What game plans and playing styles each candidate had in mind wasn't shown to me.
How each candidate came across both professionally and personally I wouldn't know because I WASN'T THERE.

All those that were there and had to choose who seemed like the best fit for the club picked Andrew McQualter.

I say let's get behind the new WCE Head coach and wish him all the best.
Majority wanted change and change is very much afoot.

Was hoping for Dean Cox early on on the piece but now more than happy to have 100% new blood into the club.

Sounded like there was potential for Schofield to stay on judging by Pyke's answer and McQualter's reaction to the question about him.

He said himself he was keen to stay if he didn't get the Senior gig so wait and see I guess. I'd love for him to be Senior Assistant while we poach someone like Scott Selwood for the mids line coach role.

Sounded like there was potential for Schofield to stay on judging by Pyke's answer and McQualter's reaction to the question about him.

He said himself he was keen to stay if he didn't get the Senior gig so wait and see I guess. I'd love for him to be Senior Assistant while we poach someone like Scott Selwood for the mids line coach role.
Cotchin for the mid coach potentially is a possibility, Selwood probably wouldve been high on the list if we chose Skipworth

Spoke very well, I am very excited for him and the club. Looks like he will be a full buy in type coach. We all work hard together and all get the rewards together. Just simple old fashion footy language but it still all holds up.
Liked how he said all sides are pretty much playing the same plan, just have to put your own tweek on it.
Good luck to him and its exciting for us all i reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach NEW HEAD COACH - Welcome to West Coast: Andrew McQualter

Back