Are you happy with Andrew McQualter?

• Yes

Votes: 134 80.2%
  • No

Votes: 33 19.8%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't Cotchin only just land a gig at the Lions?
off-field leadership role this year, im sure if he wanted to go be an assistant coach he could do so. His relationship with McQualter could no doubt influence his decision to some extent.
He was still living in melbourne im pretty sure too while working for Brisbane, he was on talking footy every week. Cant have been that serious of a gig

The fact that multiple Richmond players are keen to come across should also be looked at as a more general positive as well, in the sense that clearly he forms good relationships with players he coaches.

Was also interesting to read several Richmond fan comments today that they were disappointed he didn't get the job last year over Yze.

The fact that multiple Richmond players are keen to come across should also be looked at as a more general positive as well, in the sense that clearly he forms good relationships with players he coaches.

Was also interesting to read several Richmond fan comments today that they were disappointed he didn't get the job last year over Yze.

It also shows that while the Dockers are in their window players still want to be Eagles.

Haven't seen the presser yet but I've seen some photos. I particularly love the image of Jess Hosking with McQualter's daughters as it represents what is new with the men's program while also bringing together the women's program and McQualter's personal life.

Haven't seen the presser yet but I've seen some photos. I particularly love the image of Jess Hosking with McQualter's daughters as it represents what is new with the men's program while also bringing together the women's program and McQualter's personal life.

That Jess Hosking seems like a ripper been a great pick up for the women, she probably knows the McQualter family as she was also at the tiges for a few years.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn’t my preference based on nothing but uneducated vibes but was happy that we had three good candidates on the shortlist that would all have been a good selection

Liked how he spoke in his press conference and was more confident than I expected - think he’ll drive/demand standards from the get go

Like that he’s a young coach that will be able to grow with what is a young playing group which is only going to get younger in the next couple of months

The club has gone through an intensive search, kept everyone outside the club in the dark and didn’t rush the decision to appease external noise impatient for a decision to be made

Big step in our path back to relevance and wish him all the best

I didn’t realise how young he is. His career ended well over a decade ago but isn’t even 40. My memory of his was he had a semi decent career but he finished up at 25

Watched it, spoke very well. Fully on board now. Very happy to hear the specific change in game plan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach NEW HEAD COACH - Welcome to West Coast: Andrew McQualter

Back