Are you happy with Andrew McQualter?

• Yes

Votes: 178 83.6%
  • No

Votes: 35 16.4%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

If we are gonna introduce a reckless, get it forward any way you can, mayhem style like the tigers used to we need guys who don't fumble.

Could be some worried guys

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
There’s also gonna be some pretty sore boys this preseason too, getting the fitness required to play that type of repeat sprint game. Hopefully the kick it backwards, sideways, run around in a circle is gone for all eternity!

If we are gonna introduce a reckless, get it forward any way you can, mayhem style like the tigers used to we need guys who don't fumble.

Could be some worried guys

2f8494f792007c42a6cd7eedea85ed39.jpg

Cripps rolling into day 1 preseason

Dylan Grimes on SEN Vic with Tom Morris & Gary Lyon re McQualter, along the lines of:

"If things went differently, I could see him being a very successful coach at the Tigers."

"Extremely smart tactically. One of the smartest coaches I've worked with."

"Notices everything, such as a player biting their finger nails too much whilst he is presenting."

"Perfect for the Eagles role"

Dylan Grimes on SEN Vic with Tom Morris & Gary Lyon re McQualter, along the lines of:

"If things went differently, I could see him being a very successful coach at the Tigers."

"Extremely smart tactically. One of the smartest coaches I've worked with."

"Notices everything, such as a player biting their finger nails too much whilst he is presenting."

"Perfect for the Eagles role"

His spidey senses will go off the charts once he sees Harley speak in public then

Just survived an interview with the corn and Sam Edmund on trade radio.. answered everything well and comes across as pretty impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Link to full interview here

Hope we add some modicum of tactical wrinkle because I’m not overly keen to watch three years of rugby.
Me either. The base Richmond gameplan doesn't work anymore. Brisbane showed you need the pressure as well as control when you have the ball (using kicking to spread the field).

What does excite me is that our pressure has been bad for years, so improving that is a great starting point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just survived an interview with the corn and Sam Edmund on trade radio.. answered everything well and comes across as pretty impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Two of the worst performing sides this year lol

Ah well, can’t get much worse and at least it’s not kicking backwards

Gee, gonna be a few disappointed posters in here after McQualter said in that interview the days of staring people down and yelling at them are over...

Better to ignore the science of what actually motivates people because "the good old days".

Hope we add some modicum of tactical wrinkle because I’m not overly keen to watch three years of rugby.

Anything that stops opposition from effortlessly transitioning the ball from deep in our F50 to the point at which Gov or Barrass try to lay at fist on it in the last line will be welcomed.

As he said in his appointment presser, teams basically play a very similar gameplan, with tweaks based around personnel.

WCE 2018 was an outlier to the rest, whereas Richmond probably took it to the extreme due to having only a few stars and mostly made up of roleplayers with average skills.

I imagine if our players are better skill-wise(lol...) we'd have something closer to Brisbane's plan than Richmond's.

As he said in his appointment presser, teams basically play a very similar gameplan, with tweaks based around personnel.

WCE 2018 was an outlier to the rest, whereas Richmond probably took it to the extreme due to having only a few stars and mostly made up of roleplayers with average skills.

I imagine if our players are better skill-wise(lol...) we'd have something closer to Brisbane's plan than Richmond's.

Richmond only a few stars!! Now I heard everything

Rance
Dusty
Vlastun
Cotchin
Reiwolt
Broad
Short
Houli
Lynch
Nankervis
Bolton
Lambert
Prestia

Were not just role players.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Richmond only a few stars!! Now I heard everything

Rance
Dusty
Vlastun
Cotchin
Reiwolt
Broad
Short
Houli
Lynch
Nankervis
Bolton
Lambert
Prestia

Were not just role players.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
Rance - Yes but left after one flag, NFI who replaced him.
Dusty - Yes
Cotchin - Yes
Riewoldt - Yes
Lynch - Yes
Prestia - Yes

The rest? Good role players who had their moments. Bolton's probably come on as a star player more since those flags IMO.

Players look far better under a gameplan that suits them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach NEW HEAD COACH - Welcome to West Coast: Andrew McQualter

Back