News New Jumpers for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

The footyjumpers.com version will of course have number 22, so I will use Mitch Duncan's jumper as the sample logo.
Carine FC are the Cats.
View attachment 2030376
Why did you choose 22 in the first place? Was that your number when you were playing?

The footyjumpers.com version will of course have number 22, so I will use Mitch Duncan's jumper as the sample logo.
Carine FC are the Cats.
View attachment 2030376

fun fact: DAT8 and I have both done a bunch of apparel work with the Carine Cats.

Why did you choose 22 in the first place? Was that your number when you were playing?
From memory it’s because the number has curves and straight lines in it, and the reasons for 22 as opposed to any other suitable combination of 2s and 5s is because there were 22 players in a side of footy (obviously not anymore with the sub but you know how it is). Could be misremembering but I’m pretty sure this is correct.

I wanted to show the round and straight part of the numbers to show I had accurately represented the font used.
So that left me with only 2 and 5 that have curved parts, and straight parts. All other numbers are completely straight or completely round.
From there my options were 22, 25, 52 & 55.
Given there are (were) 22 players in a team, I went with that.

I wanted to show the round and straight part of the numbers to show I had accurately represented the font used.
So that left me with only 2 and 5 that have curved parts, and straight parts. All other numbers are completely straight or completely round.
From there my options were 22, 25, 52 & 55.
Given there are (were) 22 players in a team, I went with that.
I would have thought having a 1 in there like 21 or 12 would be the go so you could show serif's on certain fonts like older ones and the country round fonts Geelong tend to do, but yeah your reason totally makes sense!

I would have thought having a 1 in there like 21 or 12 would be the go so you could show serif's on certain fonts like older ones and the country round fonts Geelong tend to do, but yeah your reason totally makes sense!
Country Round was not a thing in 1997 when I started the website

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back