News New Jumpers for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a bad shout. I think if they were of the same persuasion as North about not wanting to wear white shorts at home (not a dig btw just an observation) this’d be the perfect jumper to switch to and be able to wear the blue shorts more often. Begs the question a little bit, what shorts will they wear it with? The promo shots have everyone in white and that would definitely suffice but from the front it looks more like a dark jumper. Could absolutely wear it with white shorts, or even cooler would be some era-appropriate black shorts.
nah all good, we went from having the best looking home to an absolute abomination that was our home blue kit with white stripes all over what shorts we wear. i honestly think our white kit with blue stripes and white stripes is one of the best and cleanest looks in the game. i’d say judging by the promo shots it would be white shorts which looks really good. dont think black shorts would be allowed, collingwood might kick up a stink( you know how that all goes lol)

nah all good, we went from having the best looking home to an absolute abomination that was our home blue kit with white stripes all over what shorts we wear. i honestly think our white kit with blue stripes and white stripes is one of the best and cleanest looks in the game. i’d say judging by the promo shots it would be white shorts which looks really good. dont think black shorts would be allowed, collingwood might kick up a stink( you know how that all goes lol)
Yeah I’m in agreement for the most part, just wish the AFL did the sensical thing at the time and met in the middle by letting North wear the blue shorts against teams who have darker jumpers and shorts given the jumpers would contrast enough. As for the Geelong shorts, I can’t imagine Collingwood would kick up a fuss, especially post-Eddie. Back in 2005 Hawthorn wore a blue jumper with black shorts without Collingwood or the Bulldogs complaining (at least to my knowledge, I was 2 at the time so I could be wrong). I’d say it depends on who they play as to whether it’d work, I probably wouldn’t have them in black shorts against a black team but then again there isn’t much of a difference between black and navy, and the Hawthorn example I mentioned was worn against Essendon so who knows.
IMG_5151.jpeg

Certainly a massive improvement on last year’s jumper. I think this strikes the balance between childish and looking like Freo pretty well. Of course my opinion could be changed if the chevrons are too subtle in action but it’s still overwhelmingly purple which is what matters to me at least since it looks good with yellow.

Looks quite nice, however one slight nitpick from me. It seems you went with yellow chevrons and turned down the opacity on your version whereas I don’t think that’s what they did for the actual jumper. Personally I’d say manually selecting a shade of purple that looks right would be the best idea. This has also made me wonder, is there a chance they might also have the back sponsors done the same way as Woodside on the front? Yellow numbers too maybe? Would look really cool and a more complete package I feel.

Looks quite nice, however one slight nitpick from me. It seems you went with yellow chevrons and turned down the opacity on your version whereas I don’t think that’s what they did for the actual jumper. Personally I’d say manually selecting a shade of purple that looks right would be the best idea. This has also made me wonder, is there a chance they might also have the back sponsors done the same way as Woodside on the front? Yellow numbers too maybe? Would look really cool and a more complete package I feel.
so something like this? im an expert in Paint!

1721175680347.png

so something like this? im an expert in Paint!

View attachment 2050488
Just about, although I prefer the chevrons the way they look on the actual jumper in the flesh. I’d also think the non-yellow parts of the sponsors would be purple rather than their original colours but. Would be a pretty nice look though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I used the artwork from Sekem, sent to me by the AFL.
Often jumpers will look different from the artwork made to approve them.
Granted the chevrons are in CMYK and monitors work in RGB, but the CMYK values are 80-87-31-36 and the RGB values are 60-43-82
When they actually wear it I will make the necessary changes.

Last edited:
The Bulldogs will have their retro round in R21 vs. Melbourne to commemorate the 70th anniversary of the 1954 premiership. Love the collar and would love to see a long sleeve version.

View attachment 2052494
That is so clean, should be the home jumper

The Bulldogs will have their retro round in R21 vs. Melbourne to commemorate the 70th anniversary of the 1954 premiership. Love the collar and would love to see a long sleeve version.

View attachment 2052494
That should be the Bulldogs regular home jumper.

Remove this Banner Ad

News New Jumpers for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back