New NTFA Premier Division 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd conference it, absolutely. Getting in the car and driving...it's just un-Tasmanian!

Division 1 South
Bracknell
East Coast
Evandale
Meander Valley
Perth
Old Scotch
St Pats
OL’s
plus Deloraine

Division 1 North
Bridgenorth
Bridport
George Town
Hillwood
Lilydale
Rocherlea
UTAS
plus Scottsdale

This is all geography, and to be honest should be. Any old Esk team or old Tamar Valley side is going to be happiest playing their old rivals as often as possible...the three private school old boys would probably be happy in a separate Old Boys division, maybe inviting Uni. If you're going to convince young players to sign up to community footy, they need to know their weekends can still be their own. Numbers are the key factor for all of these teams, and it has to be aided in every imaginable way. If a kid decides not to join because of a few too many 100km journeys, then you've lost a player - you can bemoan the attitude of today's youth forever, but bottom line, that's bad...

Not convinced of the merits of Scottsdale or Deloraine in the top league. Scottsdale are talking the talk, but it's not 1973 anymore. I'd have a 4 team Premier division, Longford the only country side, full S/R/U19's. The other lower division sides could pick and choose their structures. Finals between both Division 1 conferences, and a Statewide Premiership for the Premier League...or not...just make sure everyone plays with full sides, and the elites get plenty of hard competition...
Premier League is decided with Scottsdale & Deloraine in.
the options given to the clubs are for the remainder of the teams.

Premier League is decided with Scottsdale & Deloraine in.
the options given to the clubs are for the remainder of the teams.
I know. But the current landscape makes you wonder how they'll make this work. Two teams demonstrating no ability to get out of a long term funk, and a big group of teams battling the obstacles every team in Australia is up against. Reorganisation for its own sake is a killer unless it's done with a degree of foresight, and it's not obvious yet...

I know. But the current landscape makes you wonder how they'll make this work. Two teams demonstrating no ability to get out of a long term funk, and a big group of teams battling the obstacles every team in Australia is up against. Reorganisation for its own sake is a killer unless it's done with a degree of foresight, and it's not obvious yet...
my personal opinion is the NTFA would like to see less clubs.
Division 2 would be a slow death to some clubs .

What ever happened to Fingal, noticed in the weekend CT wore there jumpers. Lived in the north of the state around the time they had the incident with St Pats.from memory they were a strong side ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

To be fair, Deloraine has at least shown a degree of competitiveness in recent times. Their seniors made a grand final about 10 years ago and then won the flag in the Covid-interrupted season of 2020.

Scottsdale has been nowhere near it for a long time. Although, you only have to look at the various North Launceston premiership teams over the past decade to see an array of footballers from the North East. Hopefully these kinds of players choose to play for the Magpies in the future, thus making Scottsdale more competitive while bringing North back to the pack a little bit.

What ever happened to Fingal, noticed in the weekend CT wore there jumpers. Lived in the north of the state around the time they had the incident with St Pats.from memory they were a strong side ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
A lot of the players from that time were based in Launceston, others were from St Helens, St Mary’s, Scamander etc. I heard that some of the club stalwarts were disgusted by that incident and asked the Launnie based players to move on, as they’d rather wind up the club than have their club and town portrayed in that way (I hope that I’m not sharing incorrect info, just what I heard on the grapevine back around that time). A lot of the local boys went to play for the East Coast Swans who have got a fair bit stronger since then.

A lot of the players from that time were based in Launceston, others were from St Helens, St Mary’s, Scamander etc. I heard that some of the club stalwarts were disgusted by that incident and asked the Launnie based players to move on, as they’d rather wind up the club than have their club and town portrayed in that way (I hope that I’m not sharing incorrect info, just what I heard on the grapevine back around that time). A lot of the local boys went to play for the East Coast Swans who have got a fair bit stronger since then.
Not entirely true, the committee held a secret meeting about moving the current coach on and the coach got wind of it and handed in his resignation. I was part of the playing group that season and most of the list would have stayed on had they been asked, but the committee simply assumed that we would follow the coach out the door. Not a single player was contacted about signing on for 2025.

Most went to Longford, Evandale and East Coast.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back