New NTFA Premier Division 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

At some point the NW clubs will realise that they can’t win flags with Burnie and Dev are in? ( haven’t done since Burnie/Devonport have been back.
6 team northern league

Devonport
Burnie
Launceston
South launceston
North launceston
Longford?

NW comp
6 teams
Saints
Wynyard
Latrobe
Penguin
Ulverstone
East

Spitballing

I believe something similar to this, or a version of this was actually the preferred model (Best Launny and NW teams forming a N/NW league) but the NWFL didnt want a bar of it and wanted to remain as is.

At some point the NW clubs will realise that they can’t win flags with Burnie and Dev are in? ( haven’t done since Burnie/Devonport have been back.
6 team northern league

Devonport
Burnie
Launceston
South launceston
North launceston
Longford?

NW comp
6 teams
Saints
Wynyard
Latrobe
Penguin
Ulverstone
East

Spitballing
a greater Northern Comp. would be the best outcome. And something NLFC & LFC explored.
from what I have bee told, the NW Clubs are not interested and are happy with their own comp. and that is totally understandable
This model would be great if you could get all teams onboard. but thats highly doubtful.

a greater Northern Comp. would be the best outcome. And something NLFC & LFC explored.
from what I have bee told, the NW Clubs are not interested and are happy with their own comp. and that is totally understandable
This model would be great if you could get all teams onboard. but thats highly doubtful.
Hence why I said the only way it happens is if the clubs like Circular head realise they will never win a flag again if this format remains.

Devonport

4 senior flags in a row
4 reserves flags in a row
5 colts flags in a row

So you’re suggesting we go back to competitons with 4 teams like they did in the 50’s & 60’s .
How is that sustainable playing the same teams every few weeks .
Could you name these competitions please ?
I have heard some rippers , but that suggestion is absolutely ridiculous.
Unfortunately the whole NTFA has been ripped apart because AFL TAS demanded NLFC & LFC go back to the NTFA , neither of those clubs wanted to come back. Premier League was a strong even comp. Longford , South , Rocherlea , Hillwood , Bridgenorth we’re all fairly even teams ( and have been for years )
The NTFA wanted the obvious 4 teams plus 2 out of town regional clubs , ie Scottsdale & Deloraine.
In a perfect world if Scottsdale and Deloraine were thriving areas ( like they used to be ) it could work , unfortunately those days are over and it can no longer work. Yes wrong decisions have been made by a this NTFA board but unfortunately it’s been forced upon them by AFL TAS . They are the real villains here.
By personal opinion is that the NTFA wants clubs to fall over .Imagine Uni gone . 40 players playing amongst other city clubs . No Meander ( more area for Deloraine to work with ) No Bridport ( more area for Scottsdale ) Evandale , Perth , Campbell Town gone (players filtering back amongst Longford , South Launceston , Bracknell etc etc .
Nobody knows the correct decision, because every option is flawed , but I do know having a 4 team competition is just crazy .
No more crazy than your conspiracy theory - I'd argue my idea is better than your vision of a dystopian future, amd tou already agree with most of it...!

Four team comps: Huon, Kingborough before the 1967 bushfires made them join Huon, TFL, NTFA, NWFU, NWFU East, NWFU West, CHFA, KIFA when they weren't being a three team comp, Oatlands and NWFA have 2 games a week if you consider Woodsdale, Oatlands and Rosebery to be the equivalent of a bye, which is exactly what could happen in a six team Premier Div NTFA...

And don't forget the premier rivalry across 140 years of Tasmanian footy - the intrastate matches contested between three sides...

North and Launceston will dominate and not let up. South and Longford are the only two sides due to set up and location who could possibly build up to compete with this. Why set two sides up for failure? Bridgenorth and Rocherlea will compete directly for players with ex-TSL teams based in the same area. Four full elite sides, and let everyone else have a senior and junior team...

Remove this Banner Ad

New NTFA Premier Division 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back