New Ruckman-Laycock

Remove this Banner Ad

Ryder has played 5 poor games this year and it is time for him to be dropped to Bendigo.

He needs to go back to Bendigo and work on his game - for at least 3 or 4 games.

Time to give Laycock a chance in the seniors. He has performed solidly for Bendigo but importantly has been injury free.

And we play Hawthorn this week who have a weak ruck division.

This screams of hypocrisy.

These same boards were calling for Laycock's delisting not too long ago now we want him brought in.

Baffles me.

This screams of hypocrisy.

These same boards were calling for Laycock's delisting not too long ago now we want him brought in.

Baffles me.

What is baffling ?

Ryder has been out of form and Laycock has found fitness playing for Bendigo.

I don't think dropping Ryder's versatility for Laycock is the answer to this.

I thought we were about developing our young players.

I don't think dropping Ryder's versatility for Laycock is the answer to this.

I thought we were about developing our young players.

Versatility at being where the ball ain't.

We should drop Hille soon if he keeps on insisting to take his eye off the ball in a marking contest so he can make body contact with his nearest opponent. Did it about 4-5 times today and one of those times the ball just bounced off his chest because he wasn't looking! Just keep your eyes on the ****ing ball!!!

Agree it's time to give Laycock a go.

We should drop Hille soon if he keeps on insisting to take his eye off the ball in a marking contest so he can make body contact with his nearest opponent. Did it about 4-5 times today and one of those times the ball just bounced off his chest because he wasn't looking! Just keep your eyes on the ****ing ball!!!

Agree it's time to give Laycock a go.

I agree, Ryder or Hille, one of them should be playing VFL next week.

If Knights refuses to bring in Neagle next week, then maybe put Ryder forward for the whole game, and play laycock/Hille in the ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alot of focus on Ryder. He's been ordinary but there's another bloke that looks and plays like a guy who has had a year off with a knee reco and has lost all confidence in his body and subsequently is completely one dimensional and inneffective.

If Laycock has some runs on the board in Bendigo, he'd have to come in based on current form from Ryder and Hille.

If we need Laycock to come in for Ryder then we REALLY have gone backwards from last year. It's really frustrating, the Hille/Ryder combo was looking like it could be a huge advantage over teams but so far it's done nothing, not even against the struggling Jolly/Fraser combo. To top it off we have Simon Madden as our ruck coach (we still do, don't we?) who should be able to provide tonnes of knowledge for them.

I don't know what is the answer at the moment but I'm reasonably sure that it isn't Laycock.

Laycock may or may not be the answer but we need to send a message to the playing group.

The team is lazy and lacks intensity and Ryder is head of the group.

Hille has done OK this year - At least he gets to contests and shows a level of intensity.

My problem is.

Player at Bendigo finding form. Player at Essendon fails hard. Bendigo player plays the next week. Bendigo player loses all form. Bendigo player plays VFL.

Rinse and Repeat.

thing is, neither hille or ryder have a clue on how to play as a stay at home forward.

Laycock can play this role better than both of em, put together.

playing laycock will allow him to play the lesser 2nd ruck role, but provide a genuine MOVING target in the forwardline.

Ryder and Hille just stand there with their hands in the air.

That is the advantage Laycock would give.

And surely one of Hille/Ryder are due for VFL time. They have been deplorable.

I still think Hille owes us a week in the magoos for that pi$$ weak effort he gave us in the first 5 minutes at Subiaco. Absolutely scared.

Laycock may or may not be the answer but we need to send a message to the playing group.

The team is lazy and lacks intensity and Ryder is head of the group.

Hille has done OK this year - At least he gets to contests and shows a level of intensity.

In that case I'd drop Ryder and just play Hille alone in the ruck against Hawthorn (who apparently have no ruckmen anyway). Unless Laycock has been playing great at Bendigo I don't see the point in having him in at the moment. You're just replacing one lazy player with another.

With Pears out Laycock can come in.

Hurley or Ryder can play down back. Might be a good idea to give Ryder a run in the backline and run him into some form.

Hille/Laycock can share ruck/forward duties.

Ryder up front would be good, but i would much prefer to see neagle to come back into the side, slot ryder into the back line where he used to play and bring laycock in to ruck/forward with hille.

The only real problem is how many talls would be in the side.

Remove this Banner Ad

New Ruckman-Laycock

Remove this Banner Ad

Back