New sponsorship - Mercedes-Benz Vans

Remove this Banner Ad

Was thinking "how the bloody hell would a club celebrity ambassador know about a massively important sponsorship deal that would be kept under wraps until the public announcement" but it turns out that Shane Delia is actually also a Merc ambassador on top of being a Bulldogs one, so he might have actually been involved in making the deal happen at some point.

It's bloody fantastic news if it's true, which it seems to be. We're one of the few clubs who still have the same sponsor on the front and back of our uniform. We are one of the few clubs without a car sponsor. Merc are one of the brands that don't sponsor a team. It all adds up.

Also given that this looks like it's going to be the thread for when it's announced tomorrow can somebody please fix the spelling in the title?

Thanks. ;)
Was a day earlier than the club wanted but tomorrow will be the big launch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kudos and thanks as always Kelvin! :thumbsu:

Yeah I realise that, more about whether the sponsorship revenue we receive from Mission remains the same or will shrink slightly due to the lost spot on the back of the jumper.
Of course Mission would be paying less as a result but logically the deduction in what they're paying would be significantly less than what the new deal is worth - all of this would have been contracted with Mission when they re-signed last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course Mission would be paying less as a result but logically the deduction in what they're paying would be significantly less than what the new deal is worth - all of this would have been contracted with Mission when they re-signed last year.

Not necessarily. The new deal was finalised in March, after the premiership win.

Bulldogs have more FTA exposure than ever, record membership and increased their media profile significantly since the premiership.

Mission have had a very strong deal with the Bulldogs, having the front & back of the jumper all to themselves plus naming rights of the training facility.

Wouldn't be surprised if they're still paying the same amount as previously, but with decreased real estate on the jumper meaning the Mercedes deal is over and above.

Not necessarily. The new deal was finalised in March, after the premiership win.

Bulldogs have more FTA exposure than ever, record membership and increased their media profile significantly since the premiership.

Mission have had a very strong deal with the Bulldogs, having the front & back of the jumper all to themselves plus naming rights of the training facility.

Wouldn't be surprised if they're still paying the same amount as previously, but with decreased real estate on the jumper meaning the Mercedes deal is over and above.
I suppose that's right, and the reduction may be minimal (or negligible). But I honestly can't imagine that Mission would be paying identical amounts for no longer having their logo on the back. I mean, it could have been as little as Mission agreeing to pay an extra $500 for every game until we got a new back-of-jumper sponsor. But I don't think it's no change whatsoever.

I suppose that's right, and the reduction may be minimal (or negligible). But I honestly can't imagine that Mission would be paying identical amounts for no longer having their logo on the back. I mean, it could have been as little as Mission agreeing to pay an extra $500 for every game until we got a new back-of-jumper sponsor. But I don't think it's no change whatsoever.

If the amount of exposure was reduced due to a decrease in jumper real estate, of course Mission would re-negotiate a smaller deal.

But the net exposure is likely the same given the explosion in the Bulldogs brand, despite having less of the jumper.

Haha the fact that we've gone from being sponsored by a company from which you could lease a Merc to maybe being sponsored by Merc themselves might speak more to how far the club has come than any membership or profit growth figure.

Not long before Halliburton and IBM are going to want a piece as well I guess.

Last edited:
If the amount of exposure was reduced due to a decrease in jumper real estate, of course Mission would re-negotiate a smaller deal.

But the net exposure is likely the same given the explosion in the Bulldogs brand, despite having less of the jumper.
Mission will get more real-estate elsewhere during home games. On the screen and the LED boundary screens.

Footscray-sponsors.gif

my favs were ici, orica and vodafone

No. Mission are paying more than last contract, but for less branding "realestate". That's why it was such a coup' by the club to get them to extend their sponsorship contract.

Haha the fact that we've gone from being sponsored by a company from which you could lease a Merc to maybe being sponsored by Merc themselves might speak more to how far the club has come than any membership or profit growth figure.

Not long before Halliburton and IBM are going to want a piece as well I guess.
No to Halliburton. If we have a no dickheads policy then that applies to corporates as well. Adani can stay away too thanks.
We may need money but we don't need it that badly.
my favs were ici, orica and vodafone
ICI became Orica ... essentially the same company.

Remove this Banner Ad

New sponsorship - Mercedes-Benz Vans

Remove this Banner Ad

Back