New teams coming over the the NFL

Remove this Banner Ad

26 under 17 players have left to play at heid or west in past 4 years. During that time the senior club have had much success. Already this year heid have met with our 17s. Two reasons they leave are one - offer of money and 2 closeness of away games. Also in Ammos the 19s play at 2 on alternate weeks to seniors. If the move eventually goes ahead then one thing we can guarantee is that 19s will be a certainty. The move won't affect west at all, however, will definitely make a dint in heidelbergs ability to grab our young guys.
When you say "the offer of money" I would have thought Powick who went to Heidelberg to play with school mates from Ivanhoe Grammer would be the only Banyule player to recieve money on HFCs list. If you're losing players to Heidelberg West, a club at the bottom of 3rd div and I can't imagine they would be offering to much, thats a worry.

i just had a look at the wrfl web site and they have two new start up teams and one team from vafa coming across for 2014 my question is if wrfl can get new teams up and runniing then why carn't the nfl get up off their backsides and start attracting new teams. the nfl needs to grow with the addition of new teams in the senior ranks

Is there any reason why Research don't have a senior side?
I know they are aligned with Lower but what's stopping them from having a senior team as well?
Basically because Lower Plenty is their senior team now. Research senior footy club played in the 80s put of lower elth park but were terrible and eventually folded. The relationship between lower and rjfc is great there's no need for a senior club

Basically because Lower Plenty is their senior team now. Research senior footy club played in the 80s put of lower elth park but were terrible and eventually folded. The relationship between lower and rjfc is great there's no need for a senior club

I think you will find (and happy to be corrected) that they did not actually fold they were booted out.

But that was years ago and I am sure the problem people are well gone. I think a viable Research Senior side is something that could be looked at.

Give Lower Plenty a few years to sort out their Juniors and the same years for Research to stand up seniors..only issue would be grounds...maybe Research could merge with the Collage (similar to their Cricket Clubs) and they they would have a great facility and ground for juniors and seniors. I know some Turtles would hate that idea but in my opinion this is viable.

I think you will find (and happy to be corrected) that they did not actually fold they were booted out.

But that was years ago and I am sure the problem people are well gone. I think a viable Research Senior side is something that could be looked at.

Give Lower Plenty a few years to sort out their Juniors and the same years for Research to stand up seniors..only issue would be grounds...maybe Research could merge with the Collage (similar to their Cricket Clubs) and they they would have a great facility and ground for juniors and seniors. I know some Turtles would hate that idea but in my opinion this is viable.

I wasn't 100% sure if that was true but apparently so :p

It could be viable, but I don't think either party would be interested. I think if we want more teams, it'd be a better idea to attack established clubs in the area rather than try and start new clubs up.

Senior side kicked out around 91 due to reserves behaviour. Lower and research juniors have great relationship. Eltham college FC don't get a lot of the school and would not allow any more use on the college grounds over winter.

More about stopping leakage of their better youngsters to clubs who openly remunerate their players. Two of their best off to country football next year (on ridiculous $$$ but they are apprentices and the money is too good to refuse). As noted, strong juniors, financially secure, well administered.
Many bridges yet to cross however would think Heid West would be most at risk if it transpires.

Who are the two who left and where are they off to?

Who are the two who left and where are they off to?
If Banyule persist with this urge to move leagues, and the NFL support it, and the local NFL clubs agree to it, etc etc etc, I predict this will be the beginning of the end for Banyule. You don't/can't create a culture of supporting a $150,000 a year footy team quickly and Banyules senior club is a long way from that type of set up. Also, being in the NFL will put them into direct competition with two very powerful and well prepared opponents in Hberg and Macleod. They will continue to be a more attractive offer for young talent. And just ask clubs like Borough, Macleod how hard it is to compete against the recruiting capabilities of the Hbergs, Bulls and Mont. Banyule will HAVE to get out there and try an attract some big names and not just rely on home grown talent as we have seen so often. I would be surprised if they have seriously considered how difficult their plans will be

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Banyule persist with this urge to move leagues, and the NFL support it, and the local NFL clubs agree to it, etc etc etc, I predict this will be the beginning of the end for Banyule. You don't/can't create a culture of supporting a $150,000 a year footy team quickly and Banyules senior club is a long way from that type of set up. Also, being in the NFL will put them into direct competition with two very powerful and well prepared opponents in Hberg and Macleod. They will continue to be a more attractive offer for young talent. And just ask clubs like Borough, Macleod how hard it is to compete against the recruiting capabilities of the Hbergs, Bulls and Mont. Banyule will HAVE to get out there and try an attract some big names and not just rely on home grown talent as we have seen so often. I would be surprised if they have seriously considered how difficult their plans will be

I agree with you it would be very hard to go from a ammo club to a payed club but banyule would not have to fork out 150k plus as they would start in div 3 and would need much less to be competive.
I think for 150k in div 1 you would be in the bottom half of the ladder and get a fair kicking every couple of weeks

I agree with you it would be very hard to go from a ammo club to a payed club but banyule would not have to fork out 150k plus as they would start in div 3 and would need much less to be competive.
I think for 150k in div 1 you would be in the bottom half of the ladder and get a fair kicking every couple of weeks
I think you'll find that Macleod spent well below a $100000 and missed out on div 1 finals by 1 point!

I think you'll find that Macleod spent well below a $100000 and missed out on div 1 finals by 1 point!
My point is, if you are serious about joining the NFL, then your club is going to HAVE TO find the $$ to sustain it. $150,000 is still accurate if they are fair dinkum about joining and competing with the best in the NFL. The last time I was at Banyule for a casual drink, it was like standing amongst a junior footy club even though they are a senior club. I really hope they have thought this through...As I mentioned, the beginning of the end IMO!

Alright, sorry for rehashing an old post. But with (it looks like) Parkside nicking off and Banuyle coming in I have a few questions that if anyone can answer may shed light on why Clubs do the things they do.

Can anyone from Parkside advise on why they voted all those years ago (well 11) to come to the NFL? I am just curious as to why a Club made what I consider a huge decision to leave the VAFA for this to be completely turned around a few years later. Were the committee in the past that stupid they could not see the work that goes into running a Club in a non-amateur environment is different? Is there a great deal of difference? (I don't know but people at Parkside would).

With Banyule electing to leave the VAFA, what reason do they have to think they can compete when Parkside failed to? Is there a detailed business plan or do good blokes just feel they can (not that there is anything wrong with that)

Anyone know why Wallan thought they would come over to the NFL (due to better competition (as I was told then)) only to run away with their tail between their legs a few years later (only for their juniors to stay due to the better exposure for them in the NFL (and should that have happened))?

Lower Plenty, have been in a few leagues what have they done (acknowledging they were never VAFA) to be successful in this Comp?

Is Thomastown looking at going back? What happens if they are stuck in Div 3 for a few more years....(considering they were Div 1 five years ago) What made them vote to come across and will they stay?

Is the Heidelberg attempt to go to the EFL dead or will that old chestnut appear again?

Is Div three viable with only seven teams? I know we have nutted out over the years possible new comers but is there anything realistic on the radar?

Is there to many Clubs in localised areas and with in change in demographics should they merge (horrible word but if professional teams do it why cannot local ones do it (For example, The West Heidelberg/Banuyle Football Club (maybe a better chance to compete with their rather large neighbour (and that's just an example not what I think should happen)

I know many others have played in different leagues before arriving here at the NFL. I know many people will give the old 'Committee people at the time do the work you will be successful' line (which is true) but is there an answer as to why? Are people running Clubs now days making rash decisions that they are probably not being held accountable for? (other than watching the possible destruction of their Club (Thornbury, Fawkner Park etc).

Just throwing a few things out there. I have no idea on the inner workings of any of these Clubs and am not critical of them, just curious and as we are closer to the end of the season just trying to see what peoples thoughts are.

so Banyule have voted to come across to the NFL but they still have to get AFL approval and i am not sure of this but don't the current NFL clubs also vote
if they want the new club to join?

so Banyule have voted to come across to the NFL but they still have to get AFL approval and i am not sure of this but don't the current NFL clubs also vote
if they want the new club to join?

What would be the reason for the NFL Clubs to say no? Do Heidelberg and West have issues? I cannot see the issues being overly valid considering its not a new side they have always been there. Do you think others would say no? For what reasons would the AFL say no?

What would be the reason for the NFL Clubs to say no? Do Heidelberg and West have issues? I cannot see the issues being overly valid considering its not a new side they have always been there. Do you think others would say no? For what reasons would the AFL say no?

I have heard some talk which may be just that (Talk) but both Heidelberg’s not to happy to have Banyule in the nfl as neither clubs have juniors and Banyule has strong juniors which they will be able to hold onto if they are in the NFL also Banyule are not a poor club $ wise so they will become a real threat in a few years
I don’t think it will be the NFL or Afl which will block the move but it might come from the NFL clubs as I said I have heard some talk. I hope that's all it is just talk ,as I would like to see Banyule in the NFL .
The NFL needs to grow and entice more sides to the league as i t looks very much like Parkside are moving to the vafa soo we are back to a 7 team comp in div 3

I have heard some talk which may be just that (Talk) but both Heidelberg’s not to happy to have Banyule in the nfl as neither clubs have juniors and Banyule has strong juniors which they will be able to hold onto if they are in the NFL also Banyule are not a poor club $ wise so they will become a real threat in a few years
I don’t think it will be the NFL or Afl which will block the move but it might come from the NFL clubs as I said I have heard some talk. I hope that's all it is just talk ,as I would like to see Banyule in the NFL .
The NFL needs to grow and entice more sides to the league as i t looks very much like Parkside are moving to the vafa soo we are back to a 7 team comp in div 3
I think you will find that Heidelberg have a junior program. Not too much to worry about I would think, almost all of Heidelberg's locals played at Banyule during juniors and none seem likely to go back, doubt they will be worried. West could be a different story though competing with another club so close and with competitive $ offers might worry them.

I think you will find that Heidelberg have a junior program. Not too much to worry about I would think, almost all of Heidelberg's locals played at Banyule during juniors and none seem likely to go back, doubt they will be worried. West could be a different story though competing with another club so close and with competitive $ offers might worry them.

thanks for the correction with heidleberg juniors do they play in the yarra league as i have not seen them in the NFL .west Heilelbeg would be very worried i would think on a few fronts players,dollars and not lest facilities interesting times When do the AFL and NFL and NFL clubs vote ?

thanks for the correction with heidleberg juniors do they play in the yarra league as i have not seen them in the NFL .west Heilelbeg would be very worried i would think on a few fronts players,dollars and not lest facilities interesting times When do the AFL and NFL and NFL clubs vote ?

Stiff Sh1t to Heidelberg West. They need to look after their own backyard instead of harming other clubs

Stiff Sh1t to Heidelberg West. They need to look after their own backyard instead of harming other clubs

your comment is a bit harsh, but think heidelberg west would be looking after their own back yard if they voted no to banyule cross to the NFL and i am not sure how they are harming other clubs can you elaborate on comment a bit more as to whom they are harming i would be intrested to know

Remove this Banner Ad

Back