NFL New to NFL - Looking for a Team to Follow

Remove this Banner Ad

Been a Detroit Lions fan since Barry Sanders days (89). It's been tough but I love them. Got my NFL gamePass and watch every game live in the wee hrs of Monday morning. I'm a tragic I know.

Just watched the movie Draft Day and have been inspired to pick an NFL team. I know very little about the history and even all the rules so it's going to be interesting...
As the saying goes, "You don't pick the team, the team picks YOU" I have decided the best way to do this is go out and buy Madden 2015 and let me gravitate towards someone and then do a bit of research on Wiki.

Is there any good comparison sides to Freo? I've had a quick scan through this thread and an a few articles and seen the 49'ers and Ravens likened to Freo.
The only other team that sticks out to me from others on here is the Giants.

Just watched the movie Draft Day and have been inspired to pick an NFL team. I know very little about the history and even all the rules so it's going to be interesting...
As the saying goes, "You don't pick the team, the team picks YOU" I have decided the best way to do this is go out and buy Madden 2015 and let me gravitate towards someone and then do a bit of research on Wiki.

Is there any good comparison sides to Freo? I've had a quick scan through this thread and an a few articles and seen the 49'ers and Ravens likened to Freo.
This thread MIGHT offer some help too: Similar AFL/NFL Clubs

Skip all that and just go for the Seahawks. You know you want to.

Skip all that and just go for the Seahawks. You know you want to.
Seattle and Freo actually have some similarities tbh
Done some quick reading up and I like them already. EDIT: Except they don't seem like they have a "no DH policy" when it comes to the players.

Game style wise do they play "Defensive"?

Done some quick reading up and I like them already. EDIT: Except they don't seem like they have a "no DH policy" when it comes to the players.

They're a very defensively strong team, but they're not conservatively defensive like Freo if that makes sense.

And yes, they have almost a reverse no DH policy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every team seem to not a have a no DH policy.

We have a very strong defence although we are struggling a bit at the moment due to some key defensive players being out injured. We do have a very strong offence as well as has been shown in the past 2 seasons and last years Superbowl is a great example of both our strong defence but also prolific offence. Like Freo we built the basis of our game on a strong defence first and then built up the offence over the past 2 years to a point where I feel we are quite balanced on both sides of the ball. We have a great young QB in Russell Wilson who has the most wins of any QB ever in their first 2 seasons in the league. I do feel our strongest part of our game is special teams though.

This video that was played before the Superbowl last year I feel is pretty good at summing us up:

Check out some Superbowl highlights that also show how favoured Denver were in the media:

We also have 12th Fan View which is where one of our supporters films the games from his seat at our home games and they are put up on our official site but are also uploaded on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/12thFanView/timeline

Amazing Racer Striker475 either of you guys want to add anything?

I find that let the team choose you thing to be a bunch of crap myself. I've found when trying to get into a new sport it helps to support a team and learn and enjoy the game that way. That's just me though.

I find that let the team choose you thing to be a bunch of crap myself. I've found when trying to get into a new sport it helps to support a team and learn and enjoy the game that way. That's just me though.
#GGdisapproves

Teams have chosen me for every single sport I follow.

Example.....I chose Port Adelaide, and supported them for years, then chose GWS and GC, each last two years, still liked all of them, but felt I didn't have a team, a true love.....but then Carlton chose me before the 2014 season began, I wasn't even looking, it came in a strange way I wont get into. And I didn't at first embrace it, was still testing how I felt about that. But then it hit me, "yes, this is my team"

It can still happen years after you originally picked a team (or teams).

I am sure raskolnikov can also provide some confirmation here too. He chose a team, years later, he decided to choose another, only to find the original team he chose ended up choosing him, and he returned.

It can happen in various different ways.

So...it's not a bunch of crap. You have yet to have teams choose you in other sports you're still fairly getting into perhaps?

They didn't flat out choose me. I was drawn to them the first time I watched them but it was still a conscious decision to support them.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL New to NFL - Looking for a Team to Follow

Remove this Banner Ad

Back