News on the future of Tasmania in the VFL

Remove this Banner Ad

play on

Club Legend
Mar 2, 2001
The VFL at the start of the year gave Tasmania a one year licence to compete in the VFL. It was announced in this rounds footy record that the league have granted Tasmania a 3 year licence extension. The league is impressed by the crowds that the club has had when they play at home. In the record, it says that the crowds for games at Tassie have been the best of any club, and they are economically viable. Seeing that this was what the VFL were hoping would happen, they as a result get the 3 year extension to their licence.

------------------------------
Play on says the umpire
------------------------------

Very Happy

I for one am very happy that Tassies bid for the 3 year contract was successful, whilst I was only able to attend 3 southern games this year, I certainly look forward to watching the much higher standard of football next year and get to a few more games.

It is so weird to go to a game and actually cheer for the players who have for so long been the much hated opposition, and I know it is the same with the other supporters!!!

I know after the tough pre season Matty Armstrong has planned for them, which as he says 'will sort the men from the boys' Tassie will go into 2002 a much fitter, stonger team, and boy will we give those Vic clubs a run for their money then.

Congrats must go to everyone invloved in getting the club up and running in such a short time, its great for football in Tassie!!!

As a TFC member who lives interstate, I think Football Tasmania have done an excellent job this year! With the licence being extended we can now:

1. Attract more sponsers and members.

2. Attract former Tasmanian players playing around the country to join the Club.

3..Plan a proper pre-season for the squad so that they are in top shape for 2002.

4. Give the club a mascot - please don't let it be something as stupid as the Devils, Lions or Van Diemens!

Looking forward to 2002!!

Jerome

Remove this Banner Ad

Back