Newsflash:England supports don't......................

Remove this Banner Ad

Dipper

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2000
London,England
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Allies FCC
............................boo the opposition national anthem for once.:D ;)

The England supporters were outwitted for once in their desire to show their contempt for the anthem of a foreign country, cunning Lichtenstein have the tune of 'God Save the Queen' as their anthem but with different (German) words.

The flummoxed English fans whilst thrown for a moment managed a defiant response by singing God Save the Queen again & managing to drown out most of the home country's singing.

:D

I can't believe 10 of them managed to get arrested in the hooligan hotbed of Liechtenstein.

Apparently the gates were too small as the fans were leaving, so the police asked the fans at the back to stop pushing forward, and the fans got angry and started to throw things at the police. I know it's tiny minority etc, but it saddens me to think 10 fully grown adults could be so braindead.

Originally posted by colin
:D

I can't believe 10 of them managed to get arrested in the hooligan hotbed of Liechtenstein.

Apparently the gates were too small as the fans were leaving, so the police asked the fans at the back to stop pushing forward, and the fans got angry and started to throw things at the police. I know it's tiny minority etc, but it saddens me to think 10 fully grown adults could be so braindead.

It brings it home when in the same week England play Ireland in Dublin in a hugely important game of rugby, you also take into account the historical aspects & the fact that virtually to a man everyone would have had a good few beers & that there's no segregation-a recipe for disaster?Not on your life everyone enjoys the game, gets on & without there was a mass of banter flowing too & fro but offence isn't taken.(except to Martin Johnson!)

Did any of you guys (poms) hear that guy on the tv during a match broadcast on BBC1 during the week (forgot against who) and apparently loud and clear you could here in a scouse accent "Come on England. Come on you f**king c**ts!"

Originally posted by M29
Did any of you guys (poms) hear that guy on the tv during a match broadcast on BBC1 during the week (forgot against who) and apparently loud and clear you could here in a scouse accent "Come on England. Come on you f**king c**ts!"

I didn't hear that but I did notice that you could hear a few people really clearly almost like they had their own personal mics.

It would be a scouser wouldn't it?, no class.:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Newsflash:England supports don't......................

Remove this Banner Ad

Back