List Mgmt. Next Generation Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

After listening to Dal I must be honest, whilst he spoke glowingly about many things he came off a bit nonplussed regarding Buku. It came across to me he wasn't convinced the time spent getting this all done is worth it. Maybe it was just me. Maybe he was generally referring to the Academy set up not the player.

After listening to Dal I must be honest, whilst he spoke glowingly about many things he came off a bit nonplussed regarding Buku. It came across to me he wasn't convinced the time spent getting this all done is worth it. Maybe it was just me. Maybe he was generally referring to the Academy set up not the player.
The player I would guess. Seen him play a few times for Jets and VM under 16's. Shows promise but has a fair way to go.

The player I would guess. Seen him play a few times for Jets and VM under 16's. Shows promise but has a fair way to go.

Ok. I guess these types of things are speculative, and Dal is a bit of a footballing purist, so maybe he just sees it as a bonus if something comes from it rather than expecting something.

Ok. I guess these types of things are speculative, and Dal is a bit of a footballing purist, so maybe he just sees it as a bonus if something comes from it rather than expecting something.
You are right, no guarantees, young players develop at different rates. For example Bont and Macrae at 16 would probably not have got an invite to an academy and look at them now.

Maybe he is a bit bemused by the fact that Carlton, Hawthorn and Richmond have 9, 12 & 13 players eligible whilst other teams have none.
I guess it was always going to be a bit of a wait and see with these zones, but the early discrepancy in those figures is quite alarming.
While I support these academies in principal, they do seem to fly in the face of equalisation and will take some serious monitoring; especially in the formative years.

Maybe he is a bit bemused by the fact that Carlton, Hawthorn and Richmond have 9, 12 & 13 players eligible whilst other teams have none.
I guess it was always going to be a bit of a wait and see with these zones, but the early discrepancy in those figures is quite alarming.
While I support these academies in principal, they do seem to fly in the face of equalisation and will take some serious monitoring; especially in the formative years.
My read on that is that those teams have looked into it earlier and signed up their available players more quickly. Other teams probably have available players but haven't fully sorted it out yet.

My read on that is that those teams have looked into it earlier and signed up their available players more quickly. Other teams probably have available players but haven't fully sorted it out yet.
or some clubs just rate the value of it differently.

Future Stars show on 9 was talking about Khamis today again. Didn't catch what they said but heard his name and saw his face.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.araratadvertiser.com.au/story/4763451/juniors-set-for-football-tryouts/?cs=1642

From what I understand, they are not all in the academy but the Dogs' academy GM will be at the games keeping an eye on things. From the two games, the squad will be narrowed down to 50 for the V/Line Cup in September. No idea on the names of other players from the Goldfields, South West or Hampden leagues though but I do know Sam Chatfield from the Wimmera Mallee team is already part of the academy, as I have done a couple of stories on him in the past. Definitely one to keep an eye on, as he played in the diversity champs Vic team and is only 15.

So are all of them part of our next gen academy?
So, can confirm they are all part of the level one academy, but only a handful are part of them are part of the futures program of the academy (That is the part of the academy we get draft concessions for etc). A few standouts here in the first game between Wimmera Mallee and Goldfields, most of which are from the Goldfields team. Another two games happening next Wednesday as well with the Hampden League also involved.

Bulldogs Western Jets NGA
Jaylan Altay Bacchus Marsh

Adam Azzopardi Darley

Cruz Beasley Caroline Springs

Jaidyn Bertone Keilor

Ethan Brodie Taylors Lakes

Cooper BrownWilliamstown

Ty Closter Darley

Kai Coghlan Williamstown

Ashton Craig Bacchus Marsh

Nicolas Cugliari Caroline Springs

Paul Curtis Melton South

Jack Darling Melton South

Chase Dingle Hoppers Crossing

Evan Donoghue Melton Centrals

Conrad Farrugia Melton

Jack Fishley Williamstown

Mohamed Fofaua St Albans

Blake Fuller Darley

Zayne Galea Williamstown

Hamish Garner Bacchus Marsh

Tyson Gill Hillside

Marcus Gusman Keilor

Ryan Hargreaves Keilor

Lane Havelberg Darley

Jack HeronCaroline Springs

Brodie Hicks Altona

Max Hudson Caroline Springs

Brock Jacobsen Keilor

Will Johnson Darley

Daniel Lalor Bacchus Marsh

Darby Lalor Taylors Lakes

Fionn Lodge Williamstown

Simon Maiolo Caroline Springs

Benjamin Mazziol Keilor

Travis Meldrum St Albans

Riley Miksa Hillside

David Milic Caroline Springs

Nick Mitchell Spotswood

Hayden Nash Darley

Jack Oliver Caroline Springs

Max Owen Newport

Liam Parker Taylors Lakes

Theo Peteinarias Caroline Springs

Jacob Purches Williamstown

Ryan Said Williamstown

Ned Sayers North Footscray

Connor Schibeci Newport

Mali Sparke Williamstown

Jye Temple Albion

Ethan Townsend Melton South

Calvyn Vicino Williamstown

Brodie Ward Darley

Aidan Williams Williamstown

Bol Wol Caroline Springs

Tate Wood Caroline Springs

Bailey Young Darley

Ryan Hargreaves! What’s the chances we draft him and everyone will refer to him as Hargrave?!
And Bol Wol! Another great name.
And Bailey Young would suit our list too - Bailey Dale, Lewis Young... and Bailey Young!

CaptainMurphy any chance you wanna do the father/son stuff as well? BRG93 is not on bigfooty any more and the OP should be updated. There's some academy stuff that does get thrown into the father/son thread anyway, so I thought it would just be better to merge everything into the one thread. What do you reckon?

CaptainMurphy any chance you wanna do the father/son stuff as well? BRG93 is not on bigfooty any more and the OP should be updated. There's some academy stuff that does get thrown into the father/son thread anyway, so I thought it would just be better to merge everything into the one thread. What do you reckon?
Hey sorry I've been super busy recently. Not sure how well I'd do at running both. Happy for them to merge though, has anyone got the reins of the F/S thread currently?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back