Next Years SHC team

Remove this Banner Ad

Sts 2004 year 10's drew with Shc
Sts 2005 year 10's beat Shc
I think Sts will give Shc a run for their money next year...
i know year 10 isn't a great depiction of how the firsts are going to go, but clearly the talent is there... and its basically which team will work harder during the 2006 season as to who will be the better team.

bigfishtrain said:
i know year 10 isn't a great depiction of how the firsts are going to go, but clearly the talent is there... and its basically which team will work harder during the 2006 season as to who will be the better team.

true wat u said but,
SHC 2005 year 10's also beat Sts earlier on in the season.

Yeah, but the 2005 10's didn't hit their straps for awhile;
also sts have new recruits, e.g. Christie, Copling, and i think afew others...
but Too sacreds will get new boys.
never the less 2006 should proove to be an interesting year

bigfishtrain said:

2004 - no jace power, or aaron day.... matt fos played with injuries, no mark elliott... not sure but was tom creedenton, mitch ryan, tom stevenson playing in yr 10?? theres just a few players that werent playing... all of whom have 1sts experience this year... next year the yr 11's will get up to 5 new players that will walk into the 2006 side, as happens every year

34errol34 said:
even with new players, no depth of year 10s will be why sacred heart WILL loose.

im pretty sure, no im positive, all this was said about last years first team... most ppl saying 2005 will be a big flop after 2004.... leave ur sheltered little cave and smell the roses hooter cos ull be the one who will be praising shc come this time next year

Bill Spurling could be a good thing for first 18 next year he tries his heart out and often gives a quality contest. he may not take the big grabs but has great body work and does the team thing.

does anyone have anything to say about this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

stranger things have happened but my tip is he will be corageous captain of the 2nds and follow in the footsteps of the unheralded max mccallum.

bigfishtrain said:
This years year 11's (for sacred heart) are nothing special... they drew with sts; who have a fantastic footy year, but thats only for st peters... one of sacreds most experienced and talented teams would still convincingly beat a fantastic st peters side... so they can't be anything great.

that day was an absolute bog thanks to the Sts groundsman. earlier on in the season SHC accounted for sts with a 15 goal hammering.

dont even start to pay out saints groundsman... Because they do a damn good job, what do u expect them to do when it rains that much??

What do you mean rain i heard we were in a drought last year. SHC remains continually bog free throughout the season. STs has the same weather and is continually muddy.

bloke68 said:
What do you mean rain i heard we were in a drought last year. SHC remains continually bog free throughout the season. STs has the same weather and is continually muddy.

silly comment... shc oval is one sandy soil (being close to the beach) which means the water on the surface is soaked up easily, like at the beach.. u dont see puddles at the beach, except for that massive one ppl jump in ;) ... however st peters, and most of adelaide, lay on clay soil, which inhibits its in soaking the water.. therefore, instead of big puddles of water, pac and st peters who can afford it spends thousands on making the ovals turn to mud, which IMO is better to play on than big puddles... if shc spent the amount of money these two schools spent on ovals, the redbacks would be playing there in summer and the power in winter... in summer, sts oval is like a bowling green so it evens out... i still belive shc is the best footy oval (atmosphere, lack of boggyness, etc) and the best cricket wicket i have played on..

the surface is undoubtably top notch but u can always count on there being a stupidly strong wind to deal with everytime u play shc at home. hardly ideal conditions

SHC best cricket pitch you've played on?? St Peter's pitch is rated as the second best in SA, which is why saints always develope batters ratehr than bowlers ;) I would have thought you would have had enough experience to make a better judgement than that. Good call about the money invested in our ovals. Week before intercol we played St Micks at home (same day as your intercol) conditions were shocking and the oval turned into a bog heap. Groundsmen were on there continually throughout the week working on and rolling the oval to get it into absolute pristine condition for intercol.

Bloke i was just wondering how you can make such a huge genralisation saying that Sts is continually muddy. How many times have you played at Saints main oval??

i spose that is a bad :thumbsdown: comment ive only played there 3-4 times. Its has been muddy all those times sorry about that one lads.

Remove this Banner Ad

Next Years SHC team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back