NFL NFL Gamepass

Remove this Banner Ad

lando-calrissian-this-deal-is-getting-worse-all-the-time.gif

Love GP. Can't go without it.

The delay really grinds my gears at times though.
Worth it for the US commercials though.

Although the crowd noise was way down today for some reason

Considering grabbing this next season. How much are the different packages during the season? The site doesn't show much at the moment. Does NFL Network show some decent stuff?

Considering grabbing this next season. How much are the different packages during the season? The site doesn't show much at the moment. Does NFL Network show some decent stuff?

It's an essential. By far the best online streaming service for any code in the world. NFL Network also has decent stuff.

If I had $200 left in my bank account priorities would go something like:

1) Renew NFL Gamepass
2) Renew my Heart Medication Prescription.

Awkward that #3 or later is "Renew internet connection". :p

Awkward that #3 or later is "Renew internet connection". :p

Will pirate next door neighbour's open WiFi link....call it payback using their new dog's name as a password and then shouting at the same dog from 5 in the morning for digging up the garden

Pricing and packaging for next season should be out by around draft time - which is when we traditionally do our soft-launch for GP. At this stage, I don't think much will change from this season in terms of the packages offered, but there's a bit of wait and see until all the stakeholders get involved.

We will start ramping up product development for next season in the next couple of weeks after a quick pause for breath.

Pricing and packaging for next season should be out by around draft time - which is when we traditionally do our soft-launch for GP. At this stage, I don't think much will change from this season in terms of the packages offered, but there's a bit of wait and see until all the stakeholders get involved.

We will start ramping up product development for next season in the next couple of weeks after a quick pause for breath.

Any chance we'll be able to get all the peripherals on the AppleTV app next season such as RedZone, NFL Network and all the archived shows?

Any chance we'll be able to get all the peripherals on the AppleTV app next season such as RedZone, NFL Network and all the archived shows?

The way we are headed, it's likely that all three will eventually end up in our connected TV apps - it's just a question of when, how TV rights are sold, and how this stacks up against other priorities. The archived content is pretty high up the list as we didn't get to it this past season. RZ has been discussed but I'm not sure if there's international rights issues there or not, same applies for Network.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worrying tend....we had siphoning of sports from free to air to the cable networks (but at least in return we got a far better product in terms of coverage) and now we have marquee sports leaving cable for telcos.

At least when you purchased a cable subscription you did this knowingly, rationalising the cost against the coverage gained. The broadcast was the product. Now the telcos are treating the coverage as either steak knives or an inducement depending on your reasoning for walking into an Optus store in the first place.

Cable-cutting is widespread phenomenon that the sports industry doesn't quite know how to handle yet. Pricing models will take some time to mature and will fluctuate until companies can work out a consistent revenue stream.

In a mature Cable market like the US, there is a huge drop in new cable subscriptions. TV-based institutions like ESPN are scrambling to work out how they can protect decade-old revenue streams that are disappearing very quickly. This is why sports leagues like the NFL and MLB are building or have built the capability to control their own destinies, we at least own the source product so can work with multiple partners across a number of TV and digital platforms, or choose to distribute games ourselves.

The big thing for us this year is tri-casting Thursday Night Football. This will be on Network TV in the US, the NFL Network on cable, and on NFL Mobile and Twitter on digital.

Last edited:
Optus could really learn a thing or two from Game Pass. They have completely missed the mark.

I like the full page apology from Foxtel in today's papers.....basically stated they tried to deal with Optus on shared coverage but Optus had no interest.

Worst thing about the Optus move is you know this is 100% on the accountants...there will be a spreadsheet somewhere showing the incremental growth in their network subscribers set against the cost of securing the EPL rights.

I like the full page apology from Foxtel in today's papers.....basically stated they tried to deal with Optus on shared coverage but Optus had no interest.

Worst thing about the Optus move is you know this is 100% on the accountants...there will be a spreadsheet somewhere showing the incremental growth in their network subscribers set against the cost of securing the EPL rights.

Foxtel can give me and apolpgy by getting ESPNU, NFL games back on Foxsports and sign a deal with Fox to show College Football on FoxSports. i dont care about 6 new sports channels i will never watch because i dont give a f**k about soccer.

While they are at it get more NBA and get the MLB back on FoxSports.

Cable-cutting is widespread phenomenon that the sports industry doesn't quite know how to handle yet. Pricing models will take some time to mature and will fluctuate until companies can work out a consistent revenue stream.

In a mature Cable market like the US, there is a huge drop in new cable subscriptions. TV-based institutions like ESPN are scrambling to work out how they can protect decade-old revenue streams that are disappearing very quickly. This is why sports leagues like the NFL and MLB are building or have built the capability to control their own destinies, we at least own the source product so can work with multiple partners across a number of TV and digital platforms, or choose to distribute games ourselves.

The big thing for us this year is tri-casting Thursday Night Football. This will be on Network TV in the US, the NFL Network on cable, and on NFL Mobile and Twitter on digital.
At the same time the pricing model in America is atrocious with everyone trying to get their slice of the pie. DirectTV, NFL Network, Yahoo, Twitter, ESPN, CBS, Fox, ABC, NBC, inferior gamepass product and the blackout rules.

NFL has done a great job the deliver content internationally though. If college football made it this easy I would watch that as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL NFL Gamepass

Remove this Banner Ad

Back