Other NFL & NCAA Gambling Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

So many times over the last couple of years I've had a 6-10 leg multi and lost out on one of the last legs (AFL & NFL).

Last week I had Pats, KC, Jets, Packers, Dolphins, Panthers, Chargers, Bengals, Ravens and Cowboys which was paying $660 for a $5 bet. If Ravens made one of their last TD attempts (or Flacco didn't throw the pick 6 at the end of the 3rd) I would've hedged with $200 on the Giants at $3.30 so would've been guaranteed a $450.

I've won a couple of biggish multis ($500-$700) but usually miss out by one or two legs.

I've put a few multis on for NFL regular season under/overs at $1 each bet paying anywhere from $30k to $130k. Completely unlikely to win any especially based on week 1 results but it's not much layout for big returns and is a bit of fun. When I get time I'll post them in here. Was surprised I could put them on this year - I did a few a couple of years back but last year could only put on 3 legs. This year it allowed up to 20 legs.

I feel like it's all well and good to get 8 out of 10 on a monster multi... it doesn't matter, you're still donating money to the bookies more often than not. I'm sure they laugh at people who bet on these monster multis, and it's why they promote them when someone hits a 20 leg multi, or when the last leg fails - it's because they make a lot more money on stupidly big multis than they pay out!

I feel like it's all well and good to get 8 out of 10 on a monster multi... it doesn't matter, you're still donating money to the bookies more often than not. I'm sure they laugh at people who bet on these monster multis, and it's why they promote them when someone hits a 20 leg multi, or when the last leg fails - it's because they make a lot more money on stupidly big multis than they pay out!

Agreed but to be fair it's only small bets (usually $5 a week) and I also made my money back on another couple of bets over the weekend (had $10 on Pats, put the winnings on Freo and then those winnings on Packers so up to $32 and also won $80 on Pats -6.5, Packers -6.5, Dolphins -3.5 and Cowboys.

I'm also looking at $150 return from a $50 bet if Fyfe wins the Brownlow (had the Hogan Rising Star/Fyfe Brownlow double).

I look at the big multis like people buying Tattslotto tickets except I've got more chance of winning albeit a smaller amount and it adds an extra element of excitement to neutral games. Plus I'm easily in the black over the years so it doesn't bother me too much.

Sportsbet this morning had $2.50 on Goldstein finishing top 5 in the Brownlow.

That's free money.

Not convinced he will finish top 5 in any event.

This

I dont bet on the Brownlow but rucks dont poll votes anymore from what I've seen, sure he could and probably should finish in the top 5 but umpires are idiots, load up on a $2.50 shot with your fate in the hands of the umpires suddenly deciding this is the year they give votes to someone else other than midfielders?

Sandilands has had years just as dominant as Goldy and didn't get what everyone expected he would, As i said, not a brownlow punter (mainly for reasons like this) but going off the recent history of where the votes go, no thanks.

Last edited:

See that's the thing, I don't see the point in betting on small odds unless you're outlaying $100 minimum.

That being said, when I put on a multi, I'm betting that my knowledge is better than the oddsmakers. And I'm generally pretty happy to back myself in... And never put in a leg that I'm iffy about. So if I get odds of 100/1, I actually believe its a good thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

better team, at home with longer to prepare, seems about right for me. Steelers 4pts better on neutral field for me so if anything Steelers appeal to me

But then if Bell and Bryant were playing wouldn't it logically flow that the odds be like $4.50 (for 49ers)? Two of their best offensive out.

Denver any chance tomorrow @ $2.45?

$2.45 means they're a good chance. People are talking them down. People hate Manning and want to see him fail and retire.

The Chiefs haven't beaten the Broncos for 5 years. Good luck to them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Other NFL & NCAA Gambling Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back